Statement from the Club re: Mediation

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Statement from the Club re: Mediation

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

in part...

Following discussions today, the Club can confirm it will provide the young woman with accommodation for a few months, in order for her to gain stability back into her life.

The young woman has confirmed that the players did not pursue her, provide her with their number or act in any way that was inappropriate at the AFL school visit, and that she first met the players socially in Sydney after the Rd 1 Sydney Swans match on March 27.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

We should not have given her a scrap of s***.

IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Channel Nine just reported it as their lead story.

Given what has happened previously, it will be interesting to see whether the girl actually "goes away" now or whether she's back to her old tricks in an hour or so :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully that will it. Also I know a few on here will complain that we are paying for her to stay somewhere for a few months but at least it may control the situation and also show the club has a heart. Certainly much better PR than suing a very immature thinking 17 year old.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Club should do whatever they feel is right, that's all I ask.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Hopefully that will it. Also I know a few on here will complain that we are paying for her to stay somewhere for a few months but at least it may control the situation and also show the club has a heart. Certainly much better PR than suing a very immature thinking 17 year old.
Hear hear

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Wont be the end of her tho.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The only thing that I would interested in knowing is some similar assistance was offered previously and she refused it?
All in all, I hope this brings some peace to her life, that she get's some direction and ends up having a good happy life.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

I'd prefer that my membership money doesn't go towards helping this destructive, hateful, manipulative person out.

I hope she dies in a ditch to be honest.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Sainterman
Club Player

Isn't this just amazing. So she has lied throughout the entire issue (she took the pics in Melbourne - not, the players gave her their phone numbers at a school clinic - not, met her pre the Sydney game socially - not) and now has the assistance of the club she has publicly stated she "hates" and would like to destroy and that she has tried to bring down since she posted the pictures.

Whilst I think she has some issues that need to be addressed, and that her mental health has played a major part in all of this, the damage she has done to Rooey and others is almost irreparable. Not to mention the crap we see on Facebook (including some of the groups out there, just type her name into Facebook and see what you get) and the rantings of womens groups who have gone off half cocked and tried to run with this. The media should be ashamed of themselves with regard to this issue. They gave it air, they made it public...they lacked responsibility.

I mean we just got this from her yesterday!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 19yjf.html

We had flyers handed out at our first training session at our new home.

Anyway, well done to the club if they have finally been able settle this story down, but gee, I just wonder about the world we live in sometimes. I am glad we have been seen to show some heart, and I have no issue with the resolution, in fact I think we have done the right thing, just bewildered by the approach she has used and where she has managed to end up.

Hopefully her parents can now get involved and start to do their job. It might just be me but they brought her to this earth and they should take responsibility and help her, no matter what the circumstances.

She will be living in accomodation paid for by the club she stated she "hates" whilst Roo and Dal will probably never hear the end of it. Just look at the tools who accosted Rooey and caused another media beat up. If you are a journo reading this forum...get some ethics and think about what you are reporting...

Sorry situation all round!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Wont be the end of her tho.
That's my concern.

After she first appeared in court she seemed a little contrite, but a few hours later she was out partying, drinking and tweeting crap.

I'm not convinced she can just walk out of a Mediation, read a prepared statement and walk away from a constant diet of tweets, blogs and uploaded videos (and the "fame" that comes with it).

I hope for everyone's sake she does - I just don't feel confident she will :cry:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

does the counsellor she needs get to stay there too?
it's not a ' court order' so I'm guessing she is not obligated to stop tweeting, or contacting the media.

ch ten lead their news with the story and finished the news with it- with peoples lives- bike accident and livelhoods -floods - on the line just seems out of proportion...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Piss poor effort, makes us look weak and makes it appear as if we were in the wrong from the beginning.

So if I start stalking players and go out of my way to ruin their reputation will the club pay for my accommodation?

I've had dealings with this girl since long before this story broke and trust me she is bad news, she doesn't care about St Kilda, she doesn't feel like a victim, she just sees this as her chance for 15 minutes.

When she was launching her campaign she wasn't thinking about revenge, she was thinking about getting on the cover of Zoo, doing dancing with the stars, getting a book deal and her own reality TV show and now the club has just backed down to her.

I can tell you for a fact that she was seeing a publicist before the story broke, now what on Earth would she need to see a publicist for I ask you?

She is as stupid a girl as you will ever meet, she can barely put two words together and has never had an original idea in her head, somebody is putting her up to this, and as long as she keeps getting her own way this girl isn't going to go away anytime soon.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Hopefully that will it. Also I know a few on here will complain that we are paying for her to stay somewhere for a few months but at least it may control the situation and also show the club has a heart. Certainly much better PR than suing a very immature thinking 17 year old.

No public apology. No retractions. No admissions of puerile, harmful, immature stupidity.

What do we get for being the victim of a serial pest?

A rent bill.

Awesome result.

One can only hope that behind the media statement some sterner truths about little Miss f***-knuckle's non existent future were laid bare.

My tolerance level for her kind is nil.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:I'd prefer that my membership money doesn't go towards helping this destructive, hateful, manipulative person out.

Charming..not :roll:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Never intended to be charming.

Just echoing the thoughts of many St Kilda fans I know.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
StSteven
Club Player

Somehow this smells....I don't like what is NOT being said.

beebarry
Club Player

this is ridiculous ...

a few months rent ....? WTF is that about !! ..if the club wanted to pay her off in this way they needed to do it BEFORE any of this stuff became public ....this is the lamest thing I have ever seen ....

I, unlike other posters have absolutley nothing but disgust and bile for this wretched little whore .....

I just want to enjoy the pre pre season ...that feeling that comes around late Jan - Feb that footy is about to start again and for the 3rd year in a row the Saints are going to be right amongst it .....and all I get is rubbish media, rubbish other supporters gloating at me ( as if I took the photos, distributed them, shaved roos pubes off ...choose your insult ) ......

F**K off Kim Duthie ....seriously ,.....just go away

ok Im done ....

bb

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:Never intended to be charming.

Well they must be fools like you. You are certainly one.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Jeez quite a bit has changed while I've been away, the joint is full of stalker sympathisers... how would you feel if you were Roo and you had been nationally embarrassed through no fault of your own, then your club goes out and gives her a pay out just to 'save face'.

If this is the first act of our new list manager/ public relations officer I do not like the direction we are heading...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

No public apology. No retractions. No admissions of puerile, harmful, immature stupidity.

What do we get for being the victim of a serial pest?

A rent bill.

Awesome result.

One can only hope that behind the media statement some sterner truths about little Miss f***-knuckle's non existent future were laid bare.

My tolerance level for her kind is nil.
Maybe you can join the hope she dies club. Also maybe you should look in the clubs backyard or at least Sam Giberts.

What we get is better PR than suing a 17 year old girl but hey that would be better for some because it shows how tough we can be.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

B W and R all over wrote:I'd prefer that my membership money doesn't go towards helping this destructive, hateful, manipulative person out.

That's the spirit, you tough internet hombre :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
matrix
Saintsational Legend

shoulda bloddy left his gibert in his yfronts

dimsim... pmsl

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Jeez quite a bit has changed while I've been away, the joint is full of stalker sympathisers... how would you feel if you were Roo and you had been nationally embarrassed through no fault of your own, then your club goes out and gives her a pay out just to 'save face'.

If this is the first act of our new list manager/ public relations officer I do not like the direction we are heading...
I would be very pissed off and the person I would be most pissed off about is Sam Gilbert but hey he did nothing wrong as he is a Saints player.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Should the girl persist in being a nuisance, after appearing to be happy to settle at a court appointed mediation, how would the courts then perceive her trouble making.

Probably would give the club more options?