The Age stuff up Version #45,345

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The Age stuff up Version #45,345

The number above is my estimate of our membership number that we'll get this year.

It also represents the number of people who have been offered a very poorly organised deal through The Age.

After the Phil Narkle's at The Age assured me the paper would arrive sure enough last weekend it didn't.

I rang them up, for them to call my newsagent and blame them for a "computer error", the pricks at Fairfax were very coy when I asked the fault lay, trying to say it was my newsagent.

Anyway, the paper arrived today, so I thought all was good.

I then got a letter today saying my $52 subscription had been paid up until August 2011 - ie 6 months.

So for a bit of entertainment I called up Fairfax again....they said the letter was generated on 1 Feb before an adjustment had been made so my sub continued until Feb '12 - ie. a full year.

I told them again they had stuffed up, which they denied.

So my recommendation to our club is to cease this stupid arrangement with The Age, or if it is part of the sponsorship with the paper, it should be structured so that member's can get a good deal, but it is done directly through The Age, with no monies passing through St Kilda.

End of Rant, sorry I couldn't find the existing thread on this!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Complain to the Club.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Complain to the Club.
Prefer to do it on here.

Club staff read SS

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Complain to the Club.
Don't complain to the club. I rang The Age today and they are aware of the error and it has been fixed, you have a 52 week subscription.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Funnily enough i'm still waiting for my 2008 subscription to show!

Never quite got around to getting it fixed....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I got my letter confirming my subscription yesterday -.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
OdieCalodie
Club Player

i too just received a letter with only a 6 month subscription. hopeless!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

OdieCalodie wrote:i too just received a letter with only a 6 month subscription. hopeless!
It has been addressed and fixed by the Age.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I have received FOUR items of correspondence from the Age regarding my subscription! Two were in January with different renewal dates and different subscriber numbers. I contacted the Age and they told me that I was subscribed twice and that I'll get a refund :? :shock: for the "extra" :? subscription. I then receive a further letter with yet another date for renewal (no sign of the refund though :roll: ). I rang the subscriber line and spoke with the head honchette (Katrine Norling) who said that all would be sorted. The refund cheque for $52.00 arrives the next day in the mail! :D I get home from Sydney yesterday to find TWo letters from the Age (both dated February 8th) each giving me yet another new subscriber number :lol: and informing me that I will be receiving the paper until 25/05/2012 :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How about THAT folks?? :lol: THEY are paying ME to have my paper home delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I must be in the same mailing batch as the jiggster.. How did they know to put us important people in the same batch :wink: ? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:I have received FOUR items of correspondence from the Age regarding my subscription! Two were in January with different renewal dates and different subscriber numbers. I contacted the Age and they told me that I was subscribed twice and that I'll get a refund :? :shock: for the "extra" :? subscription. I then receive a further letter with yet another date for renewal (no sign of the refund though :roll: ). I rang the subscriber line and spoke with the head honchette (Katrine Norling) who said that all would be sorted. The refund cheque for $52.00 arrives the next day in the mail! :D I get home from Sydney yesterday to find TWo letters from the Age (both dated February 8th) each giving me yet another new subscriber number :lol: and informing me that I will be receiving the paper until 25/05/2012 :? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How about THAT folks?? :lol: THEY are paying ME to have my paper home delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave, you, like any of us caught in this mess deserve to get paid by The Aged to get our paper delivered!