how many missing

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

how many missing

those clown on the tllie kept saying that the cats had 11 of their top 22 players missing...whilst we only had four....

for mine...we had at least 5
kossi, gardner, bakes, schneids and zac....
Last edited by stinger on Sat 26 Feb 2011 8:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: how many missing

stinger wrote:those clown on the tllie kept saying that the cats had 11 of their top 22 players missing...whlst we only had four....

Wow. How could they get that so wrong. Alzheimer's.

starsign
Club Player

Re: how many missing

stinger wrote:those clown on the tllie kept saying that the cats had 11 of their top 22 players missing...whlst we only had four....

no brainer .....big diff regardless!
but bottom line is we did what we shoulda done ....plus a bit for mine
Last edited by starsign on Sat 26 Feb 2011 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.

backit
Club Player

You could also say Peake, Stanley, Steven all played last year, it is easy to say that the cats had 11 out, who is to say that this year there will be times when they don't have a few players out the same as any other club can have on any given week and the next tier of players will have to step up to fill the breech.

It is good for us to get game time into our younger players in the NAB cup to see where they are at. To me tonite our younger players all got a fair amount of game time out there.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

It is true that they had a lot out. But last week we played a lot of our kids and they really stepped up. Cant say that many of their kids showed anything much, maybe simpkin, but worst of all their senior players were not really leading the way.

goddardisgod
Club Player

If we go to fringe 22 as well as best 22.

Geelong
Bartel
Corey
Ling
Scarlett
Taylor
Mooney
Pods
Varcoe
Stokes
Blake
Kelly

St Kilda
Dawson
Baker
Kosi
Gardi
Peake
Geary
Steven
Schneider

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The were depleted......the side we had was reminiscent of a HA team....

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

OMG

Sorry - Did we beat a depleted Geelong by a solitary lucky kick after the siren????

Game was over 10 minutes in - we were controlling the whole game - Yes they had players out - but in truth they may as well have been wearing The Giants orange and standing like witches hats.

All the media about Geelong missing players - nothing about how masterfull and dominant we were - last night I reckon only Collingwood would have challenged us. Bring on Essendon. I may eat my words and I am not overly confident - but again the media is hyping the Dons comeback from the dead last week - all teams that played two straight had fade outs - The Dons are an extremely physical team - quick and relentless - What would give them more of an advantage than an hour and a half break compared to 20 minutes.

Bring it On - Sainters to march forward and meet Collingwood in the GF - Thats when we will get a true indicator.

Unfinished Business WILL NOT be considered finished when we beat Collingwood in the NAB cup final!!!!

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:OMG

Sorry - Did we beat a depleted Geelong by a solitary lucky kick after the siren????

Game was over 10 minutes in - we were controlling the whole game - Yes they had players out - but in truth they may as well have been wearing The Giants orange and standing like witches hats.

All the media about Geelong missing players - nothing about how masterfull and dominant we were - last night I reckon only Collingwood would have challenged us. Bring on Essendon. I may eat my words and I am not overly confident - but again the media is hyping the Dons comeback from the dead last week - all teams that played two straight had fade outs - The Dons are an extremely physical team - quick and relentless - What would give them more of an advantage than an hour and a half break compared to 20 minutes.

Bring it On - Sainters to march forward and meet Collingwood in the GF - Thats when we will get a true indicator.

Unfinished Business WILL NOT be considered finished when we beat Collingwood in the NAB cup final!!!!
I havent read anywhere that said we were lucky to beat an undermanned Geelong. People have just stated facts. They were undermanned and that game will have absolutely no bearing on the round one clash. By the way I have read plenty that says we played very well.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i was really only wondering how the turkey on the tellie came up with us missing only four of our best 22

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought that Geelong showed the cost of keeping together an a grade team. Their second tier team looked crap.

Apart from Mitch Duncan, Simpkins brother and trent West the rest looked sub standard.

Even after loosing Ablett they had to let go Djerkurra, Gamble etc. They are the guys that have been developed over the last 4 years or so, thats going to hurt if they get any injuries this season.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Plugger and Stinger - The rant was not directed here - It was more about the crap that was said by the commentators etc - and I know that it will be spewed at me at work tomorrow.

We all know that Collingwood will be lauded because they beat a 'gallant' Sydney but we will be crucified because we played an 'undermanned' Geelong.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote:Plugger and Stinger - The rant was not directed here - It was more about the crap that was said by the commentators etc - and I know that it will be spewed at me at work tomorrow.

We all know that Collingwood will be lauded because they beat a 'gallant' Sydney but we will be crucified because we played an 'undermanned' Geelong.
Well people will obviously say that to you as they know you are a Saints supporter. They will then go to a Pies supporter when you arent there and say how impressive the saints were and how the pies only beat the Swans who never win a NAB cup game. That is how people work once their side is out of the game.

I certainly havent heard any commentator or reporter say the Pies were more impressive than us. I still reckon people read and hear the negative. Facts are we played well and Geelong had plenty out. Facts are Collingwood played well. Facts are both games were practice matches.

PJ
SS Life Member

For mine the point that is missed in all this is that Geelong appear not to have much depth - there 1st 22 will be strong but any injuries and they'll be tested.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

blues for the flag
they beat gws by 157 points

must be true

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:For mine the point that is missed in all this is that Geelong appear not to have much depth - there 1st 22 will be strong but any injuries and they'll be tested.
if they have ten injuries from their best side then they'll be tested. that said, if we have ten injuries from our best side then we'll be in troubled too.

if i was geelong i wouldn't be too worried yet. replacing four players from your top ten with four players from your bottom twenty is guaranteed to be an issue for any side. in their case, it means enright gets exposed as the general in defence - which he isn't; mackie plays key back - which he shouldn't; johnson and hunt and byrnes go into the middle - where they're relatively ineffective; ottens spends a half off the ground, replaced by simpson and west.

but then you bring back a few players and everyone goes back to their right positions and suddenly things look a lot better. after round one we'll know better how good they are.

St Lenny
Club Player

Would definately include Peake in the missing players, not so sure about Stanley and Gears, not really regular players. But then could we include Eddy as well, he was a GF player afterall.

GSG
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I havent read anywhere that said we were lucky to beat an undermanned Geelong. People have just stated facts. They were undermanned and that game will have absolutely no bearing on the round one clash. By the way I have read plenty that says we played very well.

Plugger, Plugger, Plugger - you're at it again.

Did you like the heading in the Age:

Saints' turkey shoot

and finishing the article with ......Pre-season football is OK when at least there's a contest. This turkey of a spectacle couldn't even offer that

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Plugger, Plugger, Plugger - you're at it again.

Did you like the heading in the Age:

Saints' turkey shoot

and finishing the article with ......Pre-season football is OK when at least there's a contest. This turkey of a spectacle couldn't even offer that
Yep but what that remotely got to do with what i wrote?