Susie O"Brien - I hope you read this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Susie O"Brien - I hope you read this

Given you are not taking coments on the HS site for legal reasons, and I want my right of reply given it's in the format of a blog.

You claim....

In the current case, what we are forgetting is that it all started because a 24-year-old footballer, Sam Gilbert, started a relationship with a needy, immature star-struck 16-year-old.

Sure, she says she lied about her age, but he is the one who needs to take responsibility for the on-going relationship, because he is the adult, not her. It’s hard to believe that he really thought she was 19 and not 16, particularly as she first came into contact with club members at a school visit.

Why is it so hard to believe that he really thought she was 19?

When she first travelled to Sydney to pursue the players, they met her in a nightclub establishment that required patrons to be 18+

You still cling to the fact that they met her already, even after the club and AFL investigated and cleared the players of any wrongdoing. Yet you are so desperate to portray the 'big bad footballers' image, you are using this messed up girl to push your agenda.

Her admission was that she told them she was 19, because she knew they wouldn't have anything to do with her. It appears that was the only thing she was right about.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/seew ... enn_close/

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Susie O"Brien - I hope you read this

SainterK wrote:Given you are not taking coments on the HS site for legal reasons, and I want my right of reply given it's in the format of a blog.

You claim....

In the current case, what we are forgetting is that it all started because a 24-year-old footballer, Sam Gilbert, started a relationship with a needy, immature star-struck 16-year-old.

Sure, she says she lied about her age, but he is the one who needs to take responsibility for the on-going relationship, because he is the adult, not her. It’s hard to believe that he really thought she was 19 and not 16, particularly as she first came into contact with club members at a school visit.

Why is it so hard to believe that he really thought she was 19?

When she first travelled to Sydney to pursue the players, they met her in a nightclub establishment that required patrons to be 18+

You still cling to the fact that they met her already, even after the club and AFL investigated and cleared the players of any wrongdoing. Yet you are so desperate to portray the 'big bad footballers' image, you are using this messed up girl to push your agenda.

Her admission was that she told them she was 19, because she knew they wouldn't have anything to do with her. It appears that was the only thing she was right about.

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/seew ... enn_close/
+ 100

Sainterman
Club Player

Obviously not very good at backing down when she realised how wrong she has been.

No comments for legal reasons? Wow! The comments sections were left very much on when the nude photos were released!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

meh !

just another week as piss individual parading as a beacon of light who in reality is just another last gasper

their like tortises , except the human variety retract their heads up their arse

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

SainterK..... you rock. :D

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Watch a bunch of crap journos/opinion writers/shock jocks we’ve got in the media.

As many have stated Hinch is the most hypocritical.

To have a sexual relationship with a 15 year old girl and expect to be excused because he thought she was older, and yet not accept Gilbo was similarly duped, is outrageous. The girl has confessed that she faked her age specifically because she knew Sam wouldn’t touch her if he knew her real age. Hinch is happy to accept that the girl is a deceptive, manipulative liar in order to justify his previous support of her. He’s prepared to admit he was “sucked inâ€

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Typical journo... Never wrong!

C'mon Suzie, you look 10 years older than you probably are... Why can't anyone else be the same? :roll:

They walk amongst us...

markp
Saintsational Legend

She wouldn't care either way... she works for the hun, she's not paid to be right, and she's certainly not paid to be contrite or apologetic when wrong.

Howard Stern worked out that the people who hated him listened for twice as long as the people who liked him.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

lol @
C'mon Suzie, you look 10 years older than you probably are...

goodun.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Susie O'Brien is a disgrace. She would defend someone stabbing another in the heart with a knife is she happened to be female.

And I particularly liked this line...

"The girl only had power over Gilbert because he let her into his life – no one made him start seeing an underage girl."

Moral of the story, dont let anyone into your life.

At the end of the day, this blind feminism has burnt so many "Susie O'Brien's" in the media. Instead of providing opinions based on facts - Their bias and need to vindicate their own has let them all looking pathetic and foolish.

Judge people on their merits - Not on their gender.

suss
Club Player

Another witch who cannot accept the fact that Sam entered the relationship on the premise that the girl was 19 and ended it when he realised she was 16. What do they say - 'never lets that facts get in the way of a good story'...

Grimfang
Club Player

What a complete bastard Sam is. Imagine breaking it off with a girl just because you discovered she had lied about her age and herself and was shagging other blokes behind your back. :roll:

What happened to that "Feminist Hero" claptrap you were espousing, Susie? Hoping people will just forget the idiot you made of youself?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Gee, I didn't think S O'B's article was all that bad at all. She shouldn't have described Kim D as "underage", and there is also some inaccuracy in relation to the alleged first encounter between SG and KD taking place at school (which, as I understand it, both parties now deny).

However, the basic thrust of the article was a character assasination of Kim D with a more gentle jab at Sam G and, in particular, Ricky baby for being silly enough to get involved with such a manipulative nutter in the first place. Which I reckon is pretty much spot on.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Badlands
Club Player

It’s hard to believe that he really thought she was 19 and not 16...
It's not that hard to believe, since he met her in a nightclub and she could easily pass for a 19yo (based on appearances).
What IS hard to believe is her convenient miscarriage/stillbirth story. Yet you chose to believe it Susie. You and a myriad other social commentators and "journos" who didn't once think to make some enquiries or validate this rather pivotal piece of information prior to splashing it over the front pages for months, potentially destroying lives in the process.

So the real story now appears to be:
Gilbert meets girl in nightclub. She says she is 19 and they hook up. Gilbert finds out girl lied about age, promptly decides to have no further contact with her. Girl bemoans abrupt halt to football groupie lifestyle - seeks revenge through blackmail. End of story.

But that story would not sell papers now, would it.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:Gee, I didn't think S O'B's article was all that bad at all. She shouldn't have described Kim D as "underage", and there is also some inaccuracy in relation to the alleged first encounter between SG and KD taking place at school (which, as I understand it, both parties now deny).
but mb both of the above are incorrect.

She was NEVER underage (claimed to be 19 but was over 16).

They NEVER met at a school.

But hey don't let facts get in the way S.O'B you may have to admit you have made a fool of yourself.

Oh and to not have the comments - just typically gutless form a gutless organisation.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

To have a sexual relationship with a 15 year old girl and expect to be excused because he thought she was older, and yet not accept Gilbo was similarly duped, is outrageous.
Hinch had sex with this girl when he was in his early thirties and claims he thought she was 25. Now that beggars belief. Mistaking her for 16 I can buy, maybe even 18 ... but not 25. Clearly Hinch just chose that age as halfway between his age and hers, so he didn't look like a cradle-snatcher.

So his pious crusade against Gilbert is just a means of denying his own inclinations.

Having said all that, we shouldn't necessarily believe Kimmie's latest admission. Sam would have to be pretty stupid to have a sustained relationship with her and not work out she was a schoolgirl. Even so, it's not illegal last time I checked. It's no big deal. There's simply no equivalence between that and the strangely unmentionable allegation against the Collingwood player.

Grimfang
Club Player

I must have missed the classes on "How to spot a scheming, manipulative little skank at first contact, " when I was at school.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Badlands wrote:
It's not that hard to believe, since he met her in a nightclub and she could easily pass for a 19yo (based on appearances).
What IS hard to believe is her convenient miscarriage/stillbirth story. Yet you chose to believe it Susie. You and a myriad other social commentators and "journos" who didn't once think to make some enquiries or validate this rather pivotal piece of information prior to splashing it over the front pages for months, potentially destroying lives in the process.

Gilbert meets girl in nightclub. She says she is 19 and they hook up. Gilbert finds out girl lied about age, promptly decides to have no further contact with her. Girl bemoans abrupt halt to football groupie lifestyle - seeks revenge through blackmail. End of story.

One correction... Armo meets girl in nightclub in Sydney and they spend the night together.

How Gilby & KD started 'exclusively' seeing each other is unclear but it was after the round 1 Sydney game.

Maybe a similar scenario to Michael Clarke & Lara Bingle (& Roy Symonds)?

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

What these tabloid journalists fail to allow for is that no one comes equipped with a manual on how to live a sensible life.

Aside from what the law says - a 24 year old footballer may not be that far removed from a 16 year old, they are both young and learning about life.

Has Gilbert come across a vindictive and agenda driven girl like her before ?- I think she is a rare species and he has probably learned from it as much as she earned/learned from this sad experience.
She has ended up with a $100,000 in the bank and wreaked turmoil with
Roo, Dal , Dawson etc.. what did they do wrong ?

Should/can they in fact sue her now ? .. seeing she released the photos as a 17 or 18 year old .

Should she be rewarded like she was with 60 minutes ? .. maybe the journalists need to consider all the victims here.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Badlands wrote:

One correction... Armo meets girl in nightclub in Sydney and they spend the night together.

How Gilby & KD started 'exclusively' seeing each other is unclear but it was after the round 1 Sydney game.

Maybe a similar scenario to Michael Clarke & Lara Bingle (& Roy Symonds)?
I remember reading somewhere she met them both that night.

Snakeman66
Club Player

This article is a gem.

Of course the author verified all the infomation as being correct!!!!!!!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion-old ... 5911330699

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Snakeman66 wrote:This article is a gem.

Another absolute classic :D

No wonder Kimi got away with it for so long with idiots like this happy to just accept everything she said as fact!

suss
Club Player

There's an interesting collection of reader posts there - mostly in our favour. A few people might find this one particularly interesting:

Timbo of Out East Posted at 7:48 AM August 29, 2010

Interesting how much the media is trying to create news with regard to the St Kilda Football Club and "supposed" off field matters.

Comment 18 of 47

markp
Saintsational Legend

Unreal.

Anyone who saw themselves as even a journalists pooper would surely be mortified to have their name associated with (what has proven to be) such unsubstantiated tripe and playground gossip.

They created this monster.

I think in part it's because they are trying to compete and grapple with the brave new world of 'social media'... the same media that ironically lead to them being caught out so badly. They're on a hiding to nothing.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

A lot of the comments re Hinch should go on his twitter account where he can then reply. I'd like to see him justify his cause

Another opportunity awaits!