New proble looms on Milne rape case according to the Hun!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

New proble looms on Milne rape case according to the Hun!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I hope he is found not guilty again.

I know the righteous ones on here want the truth and justice, but I just want it to go away....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:I hope he is found not guilty again.

I know the righteous ones on here want the truth and justice, but I just want it to go away....
If I may make a slight correction. Milney was never found "Not Guilty". To be found Not Guilty you need to be charged and beat the charge. MILNEY WAS NEVER CHARGED !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And once again the HUN produces a negative story based on 'wishful thinking' and innuendo.

A case 'could'
Information 'might''
'maybe'

are the 'facts' they use to once again tarnish Milne, and by association St Kilda .

As I see it, this type of continued campaign to denigrate individuals and the Club add weight to Roo's assertion at the AGM.

Who are the faceless people orchestrating this 'campaign'?
Is it just the 'ex-police officers' who claim they were 'heavied' BUT STILL MAINTAIN THEY HANDED IN A COMPLETED REPORT to the DPP?

Or is the orchestration coming from elsewhere?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Gee wiz: I thought that was all ancient history now. Since that happened I've been through two divorces, three changes of career and moved interstate four times!!

While i generally share plugger66's view that too many posters on here believe that the media and the footy world are all conspiring against us, perhaps that is the case here to some extent.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

If I may make a slight correction. Milney was never found "Not Guilty". To be found Not Guilty you need to be charged and beat the charge. MILNEY WAS NEVER CHARGED !!
Actually Malthouse found him 'guilty'.

And the Hun and CH9 seem hell bent on getting him charged.

I find it quite interesting that this all reappears so soon after the '17 year old' makes 'rapist allegations' on social media about another AFL player.

Some might even go so far to suspect a 'cause and effect' linkage between the two?

eppo67
Club Player

This matter has already been to the highest independant legal body in Victoria the DPP and it only took them a very short time to say there was next to nil chance of a conviction.
There is no new evidence or any evidence that was available that has been left out. In fact the investigator said he was proud and put together the best 'brief' of his career.
Even the independant legal commission bagged him wanting to know exactely what his point was. They went further suggested he was a disgruntled EX POLICE OFFICER who could not accept the independant umpires decision. (DPP)
I have been holding off bagging the H/S and just following the reporting for some time of the whole KD affair . They have now clearly shown themselves to be mud raking scum of the highest order and they are an utter joke as a newspaper aand are now nothing more than tabloid crap.

Furphy
Club Player

Notice the photo the hun posted to make Milney look like a serial killer? The same beat up story from the same scource that had no legs last year, just after Mr Malthouse's slanderous accusations. Remember when they ran that John Greening article a few years ago, just before Jim O'Dea's wedding?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:This matter has already been to the highest independant legal body in Victoria the DPP and it only took them a very short time to say there was next to nil chance of a conviction.
There is no new evidence or any evidence that was available that has been left out. In fact the investigator said he was proud and put together the best 'brief' of his career.
Even the independant legal commission bagged him wanting to know exactely what his point was. They went further suggested he was a disgruntled EX POLICE OFFICER who could not accept the independant umpires decision. (DPP)
I have been holding off bagging the H/S and just following the reporting for some time of the whole KD affair . They have now clearly shown themselves to be mud raking scum of the highest order and they are an utter joke as a newspaper aand are now nothing more than tabloid crap.
The way things are going, in 5 years time Perez Hilton will be Chief Football Writer with Richard Reid as his assistant.

And shows such as On The Couch will be screened on the E channel :roll:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If these current claims in the Hun end up being baseless, maybe St.Kilda F.C. can sue the Hun!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

They prepared a brief of evidence against Milne, but their superior officer decided not to lay charges after advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions that there was no reasonable chance of a conviction.
None of the crap they are dredging up changes the above fact.

They weren't going to charge him with rape, they were going to charge him with sexual misconduct, but on the evidence it was clear that they wouldn't get a conviction. The girl got into bed with three other people twice for the purpose of having sex. No evidence is missing, all statements say the pretty much the same thing... She willingly got into bed with them, and no force was used.
So it's completely different to the collingwood rape.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So is this story insinuating that the DPP is corrupt as well?

Or that the brief was not correct or not completed?

Fair dinkum, this is gutter journalism. Could, might, possibly....absolute drivvel and adds weight to what Riewoldt said at the AGM.

The Heral Sun should drop the Hearld part as it is as tabloid and trash filled as the British Sun.

Will have young women with their tits out on page 3 next, while deporing the morals of footballers. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mich13
Club Player

What I think is 'interesting' about this new article is that the alleged victim has changed from being a woman to a teenage student...

"You can get more money elsewhere, but [St Kilda] is our home, we love it to death, so why would you want to leave?"

- Nick Dal Santo 21 Jun 2005
Helio
Club Player

meher baba wrote:Gee wiz: I thought that was all ancient history now. Since that happened I've been through two divorces, three changes of career and moved interstate four times!!
AKA "on the run"??

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Furphy wrote:Notice the photo the hun posted to make Milney look like a serial killer? The same beat up story from the same scource that had no legs last year, just after Mr Malthouse's slanderous accusations. Remember when they ran that John Greening article a few years ago, just before Jim O'Dea's wedding?
Tess must be chief editor.

lurker#134
Club Player

f*** off, seriously.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

...They prepared a brief of evidence against Milne, but their superior officer decided not to lay charges after advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions that there was no reasonable chance of a conviction.
This IMO is the only information from that article that matters.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

mich13 wrote:What I think is 'interesting' about this new article is that the alleged victim has changed from being a woman to a teenage student...
Thats gold isn't it.

It truly is a tabloid.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

At this stage, it's an investigation into police corruption, and should be reported as such.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:At this stage, it's an investigation into police corruption, and should be reported as such.
The coppers making the allegations have been black balled by the police force more or less.

They're issues with the police force are most probably not souly related to this case, yet they know that they will get attention for their cause and media coverage when this case is being investigated.

If you don't tow the party line the Police force can be a very lonely tough place.

I'm not taking sides here, but these guys know that at least using this case in their grievances will get attention.

Quixote
SS Life Member

eppo67 wrote:This matter has already been to the highest independant legal body in Victoria the DPP and it only took them a very short time to say there was next to nil chance of a conviction.
This.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Quixote
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:
They prepared a brief of evidence against Milne, but their superior officer decided not to lay charges after advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions that there was no reasonable chance of a conviction.
None of the crap they are dredging up changes the above fact.

They weren't going to charge him with rape, they were going to charge him with sexual misconduct, but on the evidence it was clear that they wouldn't get a conviction. The girl got into bed with three other people twice for the purpose of having sex. No evidence is missing, all statements say the pretty much the same thing... She willingly got into bed with them, and no force was used.
So it's completely different to the collingwood rape.

Very valid point in bold

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
St Lenny
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:And once again the HUN produces a negative story based on 'wishful thinking' and innuendo.

A case 'could'
Information 'might''
'maybe'

are the 'facts' they use to once again tarnish Milne, and by association St Kilda .

As I see it, this type of continued campaign to denigrate individuals and the Club add weight to Roo's assertion at the AGM.

Who are the faceless people orchestrating this 'campaign'?
Is it just the 'ex-police officers' who claim they were 'heavied' BUT STILL MAINTAIN THEY HANDED IN A COMPLETED REPORT to the DPP?

Or is the orchestration coming from elsewhere?
Something must be going on, no club surely could have so much going on by coincdence.

bozza1980
Club Player

Eastern wrote:

Very true, hence this never ending beat up by the herald sun.

As the case remains open there will always be a chance of charges being laid, regardless of how slight this chance may be.

The sun have not posted anything that is incorrect in this story, they have just overplayed the possible outcomes.

At the end of the day, unless it is found that the OPP operated improperly or that the officer preparing the brief ommitted evidence, the finding that police officers tried to influence the investigation will not lead to charges being relaid.

Deliberately exagerative and malicious journalism.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

over hearing about milne.... although our tv audience will be massive on friday......

seeing how the saints "recover" from their off field dramas