Has he lost control?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Has he lost control?

Ok just thinking while listening to the game that perhaps Ross has lost the players confidence? Skill errors are one thing but the lack of second third forth efforts and the reluctance of our players to fly the flag is astounding.
The one thing mentioned in the game was the stupid free kicks given away because they were undisciplined, has the preseason been more detrimental to Lyon than we think?

Thoughts?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
kaos theory
Club Player

To suggest RL has lost the players is over the top. We have been one of the best sides over the last 2 years....

Its probably one of or a combination of:
- Heart break/mental Fallout from losing 2 gfs in a row
- Disrupitve pre-season (KD & other incidents)
- A number of players not fully fit as yet
- Not enough young players ready to step up (need another 20-30 games into them)

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:To suggest RL has lost the players is over the top. We have been one of the best sides over the last 2 years....

- Not enough young players ready to step up (need another 20-30 games into them)
Top answer !!! I think you have hit the nail on the head with every single point you have made there. I think the fact we were a bee's dick away from winning 2 flags has done some damage. Not to say to then come out and get murder in a GF after being so close TWICE.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Is he not responsible for dealing with all of those things

He is the head coach.....he takes responsibility....

His side has plummeted....what has he done over the last six months to ensure his side was prepared????

Game plan changes
Personnel changes

Buckets
SS Life Member

kaos theory wrote:To suggest RL has lost the players is over the top. We have been one of the best sides over the last 2 years....

Wouldn't a few of those points be things that he should be in charge of?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Poor recruiting and reluctance to blood new talent into the successful team.
Our bottom 6 have not changed or improved, we have the chance to elevate another rookie with Lenny out and it must be Tommy Walsh.
If Eddy gets elevated, they are idiots.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
kaos theory
Club Player

Wouldn't a few of those points be things that he should be in charge of?
OK, but which ones and how?

You can't plan for overcoming major mental fallout...it happens a lot, its very difficult to get over
KD & the other incidents were not in his control, he reacted hard when players played up, what else could he do?
Some key players e.g. schinder & Kosi are only just coming back, others, i don't know about...maybe the program wasn't right, maybe its mental again..
We were the best team by a mile in 09, who could break into that team?, In 10, again we were a top side...& when armo & stanley came in, they were poor...

Maybe he could have done more, e.g. mini didn't earn his spot last year....and should have blooded another player instead.

He will have a new tough challenge for the rest of this year....he will probably give it a shot (for finals/flag) until about round 8-10, and if its not coming together, will probably blood a lot of kids for the rest of the season, and look to re-load in 2012....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are we making excuses

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are we making excuses
No we are crap and unfortunately you are right I hate to admit.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.