Shane Wakelin blames St Kilda's woes on Grand Final fatigue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Shane Wakelin blames St Kilda's woes on Grand Final fatigue

"St Kilda have brought in a couple of kids, but they haven't evolved the game plan and that's a stubborn mindset from Ross Lyon's point of view. The game plan is probably still the right one, but they haven't got the individuals to execute it."

Lol, what? :lol:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6037517301

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Shane Wakelin blames St Kilda's woes on Grand Final fati

SainterK wrote:"St Kilda have brought in a couple of kids, but they haven't evolved the game plan and that's a stubborn mindset from Ross Lyon's point of view. The game plan is probably still the right one, but they haven't got the individuals to execute it."

Lol, what? :lol:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6037517301
Makes sense to me. Steven and Stanley can't do the things McQualter and Blake can. They can do different and potentially better things, but they aren't the big bodies who can tackle and force a conest consistently like some who have been left out.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So he should evolve the game plan, or he shouldn't?

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

He's not the first person to say that they don't actually think the game plan is the real problem.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Read this story this morn and it made good sense. Probably sums it all up for us.

But i was thinking just about before about the Bulldogs - they have had less success than us in the same period and won't win a flag anytime soon. Are their players labouring under the same mindset?