A lot to like about tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

boneless23
Club Player

A lot to like about tonight

There was a lot to like about tonights performance.

Armo, Steven, Sippos, Cripps, McEvoy all showed they are worth keeping.

Fisher and Gilbert were almost back to their best and Milne, Schneider and Kosi all looked dangerous at times.

If our two guns can get anywhere near their best over the next few rounds we will give teams like Hawthorn a real shake.

I am so disappointed that I feel like spewing but well done lads on a gutsy fightback.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Agreed.

Shitty to have the season effectively end at Rd 7, but rapt to see glimpses of what may lie ahead.

I loved seeing Gilbo go to Judd. Seemed to snap him out of his malaise. Hi attack on the ball and man was first rate.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Shitty to have the season effectively end at Rd 7, but rapt to see glimpses of what may lie ahead.
This.

Saw good things happen often enough tonight to walk away optimistic and a lil' excited but gutted at leaving without 4 points.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I'm actually really looking forward to the future now.... Write off 2011 if you must but there's no proof we won't be back up there for next year...

Mind you, we have a lot of work to do still but today was a marked improvement on the last few weeks.

georgie girl
Club Player

Thought Armo and Dempster really worked hard tonight! Certainly a step in the right direction for us!! Pity we couldn't get over the line.