Dumpire Vozzo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Dumpire Vozzo

Congrats on 300 games.

Now go get another job you incompetent maggot. [/u]

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Come on let's have more self respect than that and avoid blaming our problems on everyone else.

Bring on 2012

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dumpire Vozzo

saintspremiers wrote:Congrats on 300 games.

This post needs a "like button"

300 games only means he has run around like a blind, retarded ape 300 times making rubbish decisions

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Come on let's have more self respect than that and avoid blaming our problems on everyone else.

Bring on 2012
You of all people!

Come on, he is a disgrace.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

vozzo's a prick...been doing us over for years....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dumpire Vozzo

Hurricane wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Congrats on 300 games.

This post needs a "like button"

300 games only means he has run around like a blind, retarded ape 300 times making rubbish decisions

BANG BANG
Here Here!

Let's hope the PC crew don't slam you for calling an umpire retarded!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dimwit's little rentboys shouldn't be celebrating milestones of any kind nor should they be receiving any acknowledge from fans :twisted:

Umpires should be seen and not heard. I think that was one thing I could safely agree with GT on.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
LondonSaint
Club Player

Are we really so bad that we need to blame the umpires for all our losses? yes, some decisions maybe questionable.. but they did not cost us the game... our inability to hit targets, kick accurately at goal, defend cost us the game...

Ross is a good coach.. but he now has to see the writing on the wall, and plan for the next assault at a flag... both in terms of game plan and the playing list.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

LondonSaint wrote:Are we really so bad that we need to blame the umpires for all our losses? yes, some decisions maybe questionable.. but they did not cost us the game... our inability to hit targets, kick accurately at goal, defend cost us the game...
agreed. sooking about umpires doesn't help win games. and we had the best of it last night anyway.

Behind Play
Club Player

Not Vozzo's fault Roo missed 3 goals from set shots, not Vozzo's fault we have members in our team which are clearly not up to it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:Not Vozzo's fault Roo missed 3 goals from set shots, not Vozzo's fault we have members in our team which are clearly not up to it.

granted.....but it is his fault that he is flawed as an umpire......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Superboot
SS Life Member

I've seen many incompetent umpires over the years but Vozzo is the only one since Don Jolley (at Victoria Park) that I genuinely believe has made biased decisions against us. And in Jolley's case it was simply pro-Collingwood bias.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Behind Play wrote:Not Vozzo's fault Roo missed 3 goals from set shots, not Vozzo's fault we have members in our team which are clearly not up to it.
It was Vozzo who wouldn't pay a blatant push in the back to Stevie Milne with about 30 seconds to go and as the ball bounced away to a Carlscum player, then "play on" was called. Vozzo would have been pleased with that because it won Carlscum the game.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Superboot
SS Life Member

There was a blatant push in the back to Armo in the 2nd qtr. Carlton player just fell on him. Ball-up called by Vozzo.

older saint
SS Life Member

that was because it was Judd , he does not give away frees, just gets brownlow votes

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The problem with the umpires is the man at the top, Gieschen.
He is an absolute tool who surely must have some big dirt on the AFL otherwise they would have dumped this incompetent faster than Richmond did.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
LondonSaint wrote:Are we really so bad that we need to blame the umpires for all our losses? yes, some decisions maybe questionable.. but they did not cost us the game... our inability to hit targets, kick accurately at goal, defend cost us the game...
agreed. sooking about umpires doesn't help win games. and we had the best of it last night anyway.
Sooking about umpires doesnt help win games but abusing, running down and attacking our players and coaches on multiple threads does?

(not saying you personally do it BTW)

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:
It was Vozzo who wouldn't pay a blatant push in the back to Stevie Milne with about 30 seconds to go and as the ball bounced away to a Carlscum player, then "play on" was called. Vozzo would have been pleased with that because it won Carlscum the game.
Exactly right. Blight and Co highlighted that non decision after the game. No excuse for missing such a blatant free.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

I quite often feel dudded by umpires, like last night,
but really… it is such a hard game to umpire, i would not like to do it myself.
I find it strange that the football public in general are absolutely outraged when they make mistakes...
they can't see it from every angle, they can't watch all the taggers tugging while they try to follow the play… and they don't get replays
What I did find amusing this week was the discussion about the GC goal that was clearly a poster, a few times I heard "I'd hate to see it cost someone a Grand Final one day"
very friggin' funny - t.hawkins anyone?
sure the final margin wasn't 5 points, but it totally changes a match…

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:The problem with the umpires is the man at the top, Gieschen.
He is an absolute tool who surely must have some big dirt on the AFL otherwise they would have dumped this incompetent faster than Richmond did.
One of Demetriou's first aims after taking over the top job was to get rid of Gieschen.

Something obviously changed along the way.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

As soon as Vozzo and McBurney ran out my thoughts was "game over" and the only thing that would have made this duo worse was adding Ray Chamberlain as the third umpire.

When was the last game we won with those three umpiring our games?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:As soon as Vozzo and McBurney ran out my thoughts was "game over" and the only thing that would have made this duo worse was adding Ray Chamberlain as the third umpire.

Do they cheat?

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:As soon as Vozzo and McBurney ran out my thoughts was "game over" and the only thing that would have made this duo worse was adding Ray Chamberlain as the third umpire.

Do they cheat?
Unless they are complete non-human beings then I believe they bring their private prejudices into the game and it influences their decisions.
It's not just those three but I believe that at the end of the day if you can't remember the name of the umpires then they have been good at their job, because they have been fair, and objective in their treatment of both teams.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Do they cheat?
Unless they are complete non-human beings then I believe they bring their private prejudices into the game and it influences their decisions.
It's not just those three but I believe that at the end of the day if you can't remember the name of the umpires then they have been good at their job, because they have been fair, and objective in their treatment of both teams.
Well if that is the case we should be happy with McBurney. Was a Saints supporter and all his family still are not that I believe any of that helps or hurts. I dont think they have any bias at all but if they did why does it automatically favour the side we are playing?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

i never blame umpires for a loss, but if you are an umpire sympathiser, you are most definitely a cheese eating surrender monkey. just saying.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!