I don't think our window has shut

Steven, Armo, Siposs. McEvoy (I take it all back), Winmar...

Re: I don't think our window has shut

meher baba wrote:Steven, Armo, Siposs. McEvoy (I take it all back), Winmar...
I can still feel a slight breeze :)

Lets hope this weeks injury list is'nt too big.

I think it was closed but a group of young punks from down the street (sipo, steven, armo) kicked a footy straight through it and just smashed the window open.

I don't agree that it is the kids that have elevated us alone. The whole team has lifted and apart from Steven and Armo the rest haven't been the difference. We lost Hayes and a couple of close ones and weren't far away anyway. The kids bring enthusiasm but IMO isn't the major factor, guys like Gilbert and Goddard, Blake, Dal santo, Rooey, Montagna etc. have lifted a cog and the result has come with it. Bizarrely I have been saying all along that we will get going soon, I still feel we are in it. we could sneak into the bottom half of the 8 and cause real mischief. The Cats haven't blown us away for years and even the Pies would be looking over their shoulder. The Bombers are the only ones that wouldn't be overly concerned by us but thats at their peril also. I think we could take another 9 games before the end of the season, that would sneak us in and the rest will be history. adelaide and Richmond are keeping spots warm for us and the rest don't look that convincing. Freo hadn't rolled any one good yet and should roll over soon. The seasons alive we just have to take it. Our luck has been down long enough, Go saints.

Obviously the senior players remain the key. But I think having the kids around has made the senior players change their attitudes to hey there is some life. We aint laying down and dying just yet. Lets stop sooking.

Steven and Armo have been crucial IMO. We were one midfielder light last season due to Ball leaving and Armo failing to step up/getting injured/insulting the coach or whatever he did wrong. Then, this year, Lenny being out for the season potentially put us down by two in the middle. But Armo and, more recently, Steven, have brought us back to par.

Re: I don't think our window has shut

meher baba wrote:Steven, Armo, Siposs. McEvoy (I take it all back), Winmar...
I can still feel a slight breeze :)

:wink: 8-) ....and here's me thing that only a "draft"would save us... 8-)

Massive test this week for the kids, Armo and Stevo will have some bigger bodies to deal with and Sippo will have to work against the most organized defense in the competition. Even if they break even it will be huge for their confidence and development. But if we get smashed it could be a huge setback for them

and 3 more debutants still to come for 2011:

Walsh, Ledger, Simpkin.

Winmar

I'm a lot more optimistic now than I was a couple of weeks ago! Things are looking up. Can't wait to see Walsh get a run.

:)

nothing wrong with creating a decent draft.

Perhaps it closed, but RL got out his crowbar in attempt to wrench it back upon.

saint tash

Disagree just think Jeld wen made a rare poorly constructed window that never shuts. :wink:

Oh when the saints go charging in!

I reckon IF we can win 9 more games , 12.5 wins might be good enough for a home final ( if we had to play an interstate side ) The top 4 I think now is set, not the order , just the teams . So it will take a good effort for us to make the finals but IF we do then we have to be a chance . You don't have to finish in the top four to win the GF !!! ( yes , i know its always has in the past, but hey , Hope a beautiful thing !!! )

I'll stick to getting the games into the kids like Mac and Steven and Sipposs and Armo, with Winmar, Lynch, Heyne, Walsh, and ledger and Smith getting a run this year, maybe making the 8, but concentrating on 2012 when we have Lenny back and our kids getting better and better.

I think if we make the eight have a crack this year but 2012 might just be until about 2017-2018.

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)

saint tash wrote:Disagree just think Jeld wen made a rare poorly constructed window that never shuts. :wink:
well played tash
:lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy wrote:I'll stick to getting the games into the kids like Mac and Steven and Sipposs and Armo, with Winmar, Lynch, Heyne, Walsh, and ledger and Smith getting a run this year, maybe making the 8, but concentrating on 2012 when we have Lenny back and our kids getting better and better.

I think if we make the eight have a crack this year but 2012 might just be until about 2017-2018.
yep. 2012 we could be a real threat if we play our cards smart in the next 12 months. establish out best 22 in early 2012 and then stick with that best 22.