Saints' last piece in the puzzle

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Saints' last piece in the puzzle

Another opportunity awaits!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

We would like to inform you of the thoughts of the man himself, but Riewoldt has been declining interview requests from the Herald Sun on a weekly basis since the start of the year.

He has been courteous, yet immovable
. :wink: :lol:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Isn't it amazing, we're actually getting a fairer cop from the tabloid than the broadsheet for a change!

I'm not sure if that's a good thing. :?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

That's awesome that he has refused to interview with the Herald Scum! Love It!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
We would like to inform you of the thoughts of the man himself, but Riewoldt has been declining interview requests from the Herald Sun on a weekly basis since the start of the year.

the absolute last thing i would be recommending young nick to do is talk to those "see you next tuesday, scum"

so noddy, get off his f****** case you idiot...... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Didn't he write something very similar only a few weeks ago?

I'm sure he did.

Only difference is the dig at Roo for not having a D&M with him?

Sheahan had Roo pretty high in his top 50, maybe he is trying to motivate him? :)

I saw effort from Roo against WCE, I had worried about him being in a bad place prior to the last couple of weeks, but his work ethic was extremely high.

All his 6 tackles were bone crunchers, and while alot was made about his opponents poor kicking in the last, but the kid was probably stuffed after running around with him the previous 3 quarters!

Mike should watch lunch with Lenny if he thinks the boys don't have a laugh :wink:

Zac Attack
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:That's awesome that he has refused to interview with the Herald Scum! Love It!
He doesn't have to do anything. Goddard seems to enjoy the media nonsense now so he can talk to whoever he wants until he gets bored.

Riewoldt at the moment is just a pissed off individual. Rightly so considering how much he has put in and how he has won so many games for us in the past. In his position I would be filthy still with certain players efforts in GF's. Yes Riewoldt has had average GFs however his finals series in 2009 for instance was nothing short of amazing.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Roo is improving and I am pleased we're scoring goals via other means
Surprised the article didn't mention Roo's been at full forward last two weeks
Thought the article had kind intent despite Roo closing his door to them

How funny is lunch with Lenny this week :lol:

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Roo is a champion and great Club man. He will come back and the signs are that he is doing that. Clearly, things have been tough for him this year, but he will be getting plenty of support from the Club and his team mates.

That he has refused to give interviews with the HS tells us what he thinks of them. I think back to The Captain's media event at the MCG a while ago - Nick was inundated with disgraceful "St Kilda Affair" questioning, which he handled exceptionally cooly in the circumstances.

For him - up the HS for this year! I would be doing the same.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:Roo is a champion and great Club man. He will come back and the signs are that he is doing that. Clearly, things have been tough for him this year, but he will be getting plenty of support from the Club and his team mates.

That he has refused to give interviews with the HS tells us what he thinks of them. I think back to The Captain's media event at the MCG a while ago - Nick was inundated with disgraceful "St Kilda Affair" questioning, which he handled exceptionally cooly in the circumstances.

For him - up the HS for this year! I would be doing the same.
Has he given interviews to any paper this season? Maybe it has nothing to do with the paper but more that he doesnt want to give any interviews.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

He gave a video interview to Matthew Lloyd a few weeks back.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:

That suggests to me that Mike Sheahan doesn't fully agree with the treatment that Nick/Dal/Gilbo/Saints copped from his colleagues/bosses over the past 15 months !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

That suggests to me that Mike Sheahan doesn't fully agree with the treatment that Nick/Dal/Gilbo/Saints copped from his colleagues/bosses over the past 15 months !!
It suggests to me that the HS is annoyed with Reiwoldt for not complying with their requests.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Eastern wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

It suggests to me that the HS is annoyed with Reiwoldt for not complying with their requests.
Certainly cant see that from the article.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Eastern wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

How do you draw either of these conclusions?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

"He has been courteous, yet immovable" That to me didn't need to be included but was. There must be a reason !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

savatage
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:"He has been courteous, yet immovable" That to me didn't need to be included but was. There must be a reason !!
Possibly because he was "courteous, yet immovable" is my reasoning.

Rosco
Club Player

i take sheahans's "courteous / immovable" line as a nod to roo that he understands why his requests are being knocked back. maybe sheahan is hoping to soften roo up for the next request. can't see it working though.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Eastern wrote:"He has been courteous, yet immovable" That to me didn't need to be included but was. There must be a reason !!
Possibly because he was "courteous, yet immovable" is my reasoning.
Could be onto something, Sav.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Austinnn
Club Player

Yeah, its an ok article, but if you want to get your blood boiling, read some of the comments under the line...

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid HeraldSun readers are, the ones that bother writing in anyway. Living overseas, I have to keep reminding myself that they are not a fair representation of the country.

The Saints could win 5 premierships in a row and Riewoldt could win the Norm Smith each time and those clowns would still carp on with the same sad-arsed 'crybaby' 'overrated' tripe.

I think this was actually what I was responding to in the Post about the Age's Re-sign Lyon article... I'm sorry aobut the confusion.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

What about the last two paragraphs of the article? That's what I'm talking about :D

"The skipper is the missing piece in the St Kilda jigsaw puzzle that has steadily taken shape during the past eight games (six wins).

If Riewoldt can recapture his form of 2006-09 any time soon, the Saints not only will march into the final eight, they also will unnerve a few premiership hopefuls in the process."