And so it begins!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

And so it begins!

Malthouse on the surprising turn around of the Saints.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 6113091778

Hmmm surely a bit of liberty there by Mick?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Mick is trying very hard to say something nice about every team they have played lately. Prob because he wants to keep his options open once they throw him on the scrap heap at season's end. he wants to keep coaching, he aint gonna sit back and watch buckley coach.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I think Mick is just saying it as he sees it. You cannot talk down our defensive numbers over the past few weeks.

In regards to the GF question of course he is going to answer this way. He is not going to say "Oh they have improved but they have no chance" is he?

Actually I find interviews with AFL people incredibly boring. THe press always ask the same questions and get the same replies. What does this achieve? Ask something more meaningful than the standard "Are you expecting a big game from Team A this week?" or "Player Y is really impressive isn't he" or "Are you happy with the way you played out there today?"

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: And so it begins!

Buckets wrote:Malthouse on the surprising turn around of the Saints.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 6113091778

Hmmm surely a bit of liberty there by Mick?
Mick's a big fat liar.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Read a piece by Malthouse on Ross Lyon and how much dignity and sportsmanship he showed after Collingwood had won the flag by seeking out Malthouse on the ground after the game.

Malthouse knows how hard this would have been to do as he has been in that position after the second successive GF loss in 2003.

It was a fair and showed Malthouse to be a good winner as well as Lyon being a good loser.

Still a liar though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Read a piece by Malthouse on Ross Lyon and how much dignity and sportsmanship he showed after Collingwood had won the flag by seeking out Malthouse on the ground after the game.

Malthouse knows how hard this would have been to do as he has been in that position after the second successive GF loss in 2003.

It was a fair and showed Malthouse to be a good winner as well as Lyon being a good loser.

Still a liar though.
I would be interested in reading this,
----------------------------------------------

and sometimes ( I haven'e yet read the article listed above) wonder if Mick is a) getting mixed up between his commentary role and his coaching role
or b) covering his bases in light of probably increasing his media work next year and needing to be able to speak to people without having offended them in recent past ( now) or in light of maybe needing to seek or respond to job offers.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Mick knows what a big game this one really is... even if the pies don't need the points.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I reckon that last game of the season for the pies against the cats is a real bugbear for Collingwood. It's a bit of scheduling that helps us. They would love to not be playing this game. Just a piece of psychology I reckon mixed with a little injury related risk.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ross has psyched players out lately and Malty is trying some back.

Ross' Daisy is the greatest comments were meant to get them to stop playing as a team and make a little anxiety creep in about him leaving. He plumped up the price of Gaff for WCE too.

Problem is Malthouse isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and is not quite as skilful at it.

philtee
Club Player

Yep, it's a sucker ploy from MM. All the Saints indicators are up, but we'll be Pie roadkill in their rear-view mirror
if we start thinking we're consistently near Geelong or C'wood. All we can ask for is maximum intensity with the ammo
we've got and see where it takes us. Or as that billboard used to say, "Be Stronger For Longer".

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Read a piece by Malthouse on Ross Lyon and how much dignity and sportsmanship he showed after Collingwood had won the flag by seeking out Malthouse on the ground after the game.

Still a liar though.
I would be interested in reading this,
----------------------------------------------

and sometimes ( I haven'e yet read the article listed above) wonder if Mick is a) getting mixed up between his commentary role and his coaching role
or b) covering his bases in light of probably increasing his media work next year and needing to be able to speak to people without having offended them in recent past ( now) or in light of maybe needing to seek or respond to job offers.
there you go.

pretty fair

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5933602962

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jays
Club Player

he is such a wank

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

But Andy has his measure
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

are we sure Mick is not heading for early D........ :wink:

Thanks Joffaboy- vaguely remembered reading that

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

and the mind games continue with articles in both papers today designed to get under saints fans...

placement and timing of info releases and player focuses........ :cry: :cry:

and yes we do it to but still hurts..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Don't even spend money on the HUN today. It's all about CFC, and of course what a surprise, not, what a good bloke Luke Ball is.

Not one photo, noto one article all about them.

In fact, the only time St Kilda is acknowledged is when the parade route for Cadel Evans is mentioned-St Kilda Road.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

No player interviews with the Hun, when we win :wink: :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They are the favourites, they are expected to win....

There is no pressure tonight.

Funny, I noticed yesterday Pendlebury was interviewed and was discussing the Rd 24 clash with Geelong and if the teams will be going as hard as normal.

I'm sure P66 will correct me, but I just can't see Ross (even in 2009) allowing the boys to be thinking that far ahead?

I honestly believe Collingwood and Geelong see themselves as the only genuine contenders this year. May just work in the other challengers favour, including Carlton, WCE and Hawks.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball is the best player to ever live.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Ballys groin is like a piece of steel these days isn't? Indestructible I heard. No OP anywhere to be seen! Hamstrings made of titanium ;) (Sound like Mick much?)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-d ... uch-133733
After Friday night's hard fought 19-point win over St Kilda, Malthouse wandered into 'interesting' territory. He suggested the Pies were tired after last week's trip to Port Adelaide because of a six-day back-up. It is an outlandish claim on two fronts. T

He first is that Collingwood players could be struggling to recover after a 138-point win where the opposition offered only token resistance.

Because of the lopsided nature of the game, Malthouse was able to rest and rotate his busiest players with the likes of Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas, Luke Ball and Darren Jolly all having less than 82 per cent game time. With that in mind they should have been able to back-up fine on Friday night.

Secondly is the merest suggestion that Collingwood would be seen to be whinging about an interstate trip. The Pies have played just three interstate games so far this year and have travelled less than any other team in the competition in terms of air miles. Their two most recent away trips have been to the bottom two teams on the ladder and have resulted in big wins.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-d ... uch-133733
After Friday night's hard fought 19-point win over St Kilda, Malthouse wandered into 'interesting' territory. He suggested the Pies were tired after last week's trip to Port Adelaide because of a six-day back-up. It is an outlandish claim on two fronts. T

He first is that Collingwood players could be struggling to recover after a 138-point win where the opposition offered only token resistance.

Because of the lopsided nature of the game, Malthouse was able to rest and rotate his busiest players with the likes of Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas, Luke Ball and Darren Jolly all having less than 82 per cent game time. With that in mind they should have been able to back-up fine on Friday night.

Secondly is the merest suggestion that Collingwood would be seen to be whinging about an interstate trip. The Pies have played just three interstate games so far this year and have travelled less than any other team in the competition in terms of air miles. Their two most recent away trips have been to the bottom two teams on the ladder and have resulted in big wins.
Says it all.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.