Neil Mitchell

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Furphy
Club Player

Neil Mitchell

Neil Mitchell has opened his 3aw program this morning with an attack on the behaviour of Collingwood supporters last Friday night, Mostly comments chanted at Milney. He is asking for phone calls & emails from Saints fans who endured this crap from the filth. Our chance for payback!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

go to it guys...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Also good to see Robbo use it as his lead-off topic in The Tackle this week. About time this issue got some press attention!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Really Mitchell will just use it as another kicking exercise at the AFL.

How do you stop a small minority chanting this crap?

I think everyone should take a deep breath and let it slide.

It says more about the people chanting it than anything.

Who would have thought feral Collingwood supporters, all weakminded and think it is Ok because their coach said it and then lied about it.

Why does anyone expect anything better from some of this pigs.

Look at the trolls here like Tess. Pig and filth of the highest order.

In saying that, I work with and have some great people who are Collingwood supporters and they would be appalled and disgusted in this behaviour.

A woman rang up Fine last night and said her 10 year old son, after hearing the chant said to his mum "No wonder everyone hates us".

Yes Eddie was a hypocrite earlier this year, but he was correct. I dont know how you stop these people though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good sensible post Joffa boy! I have two good friends who follow the ragpies and they are nice people who would be as you say appalled at some of the disgusting chants. We are ALWAYS going to have Colonwood with us while there's an AFL. The challenge is not to allow ourselves to be intimidated/scared of 'em. I sat alone among a bunch of ferals on the train home from the game and they were in full voice with the jibes and provocative remarks, even taking swipes at my appearance :roll: My response? I never looked up from my Record never gave ANY acknowledgement to their existence, and I reckon that gripped their schitt even more!!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
westy
Club Player

I suspect the AFL would have the same problem that faces the British Government. It is hard stopping morons and scum from being morons and scum!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
lurker#134
Club Player

Start with the feral bloody cheersquad.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Waiting for Eddy reply

Cant stop em
Didnt hear anthing
Wasnt our supporters

Furphy
Club Player

Eddy was very vocal earlier this year with a Saints fan, but it doesn't seem to suit Eddy when he's put in the hotseat?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Eddy embraces it from his own,it's who they are.

After all,he was the one who secretly pushed the Milne story back into the spotlight last year,funnily enough run by channel 9.....

What do they say when Beams touches the ball?

Bring back the Lockett era
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:I suspect the AFL would have the same problem that faces the British Government. It is hard stopping morons and scum from being morons and scum!
Eddie probably can't do much to stop them.

But what he can do, and should do, is publicly make a statement on the issue. Something along the lines that such conduct is unacceptable and that those people doing so should not be regarded as true Collingwood supporters.

If it was good enough to crap on about the Krakouer "incident", and follow it up on national TV where he allowed his own network toadies to label him a "hero against racism", then it's good enough now.

Of course that won't happen due to Eddie's enormous ego :roll:

Furphy
Club Player

What really gets me is how hyper-sensitive the filth were when serious allegations were directed at a couple of their players last year & the attempts to stop the media releasing names & trying to get those who did broadcast names sacked.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

seriously.
after eddie attacked that saints fan AND THEN attempted to cast the saints fan in a murky cover of racism when the saints fan comments was not in the slightest bit racist. and then they way they behave toward milney. we should be LIVID.
Milney no different to beames.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Starting to get a run on SEN...but KB is trying hardest not to run with it..how suprising

Bring back the Lockett era
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I suspect that all this publicity will force the AFL to lean on Eddie/Collingwood to do something about it !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I give away games against the filth a wide berth because of this crap.

Some of these people aren't too bright....I remember going to the second H&A game againts the filth at the G last year and hearing a bogan who was holding his infant child yelling abuse at SM and calling him a rapist and that he was lucky not to be in Gaol.

I turned around to ask him if he had ever heard of defemation to which he replied, "yeah, he is....he is..." To which I replied something like: "what about child abuse?...Have you heard of that?' To which he replied..."that's right". I mutted back something like "I was talking about you"..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I suspect that all this publicity will force the AFL to lean on Eddie/Collingwood to do something about it !!
And then fat ed will lean straight back on the AFL and dumbass will go back to his corner and pretend nothing happened

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Really Mitchell will just use it as another kicking exercise at the AFL.

How do you stop a small minority chanting this crap?
I think everyone should take a deep breath and let it slide.

It says more about the people chanting it than anything.

Who would have thought feral Collingwood supporters, all weakminded and think it is Ok because their coach said it and then lied about it.

Why does anyone expect anything better from some of this pigs.

Look at the trolls here like Tess. Pig and filth of the highest order.

In saying that, I work with and have some great people who are Collingwood supporters and they would be appalled and disgusted in this behaviour.

A woman rang up Fine last night and said her 10 year old son, after hearing the chant said to his mum "No wonder everyone hates us".

Yes Eddie was a hypocrite earlier this year, but he was correct. I dont know how you stop these people though.
Small minority?

If you had the chance to ask a Goal Umpire, Ball Boy or Security Person you might be told that it was a majority percentage of the Collingwood Cheersquad that were doing the chanting in the 1st Half !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

yipper
SS Life Member

Yes, seemed very loud to me - suggesting it was a very large portion of the fans down that end of the stadium. Also, why not ring Neil Mitchell about it. Good on him for raising it. His show is the highest rating morning radio show in the state. Plenty of exposure will be coming for this topic = he has influence. Eddie will not be able to run away from this - along with Robbo giving it to him as well on both SEN radio and foxtel, think this is going to be very uncomfortable for the Filth football club.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Just heard it mentioned by KB on SEN at 11.35am.

My question - what is the St Kilda Football Club going to do to support Milney?

It's now a completely over-the-top situation and is not going to go away. Broad Radio coverage is making it public top-of-mind discussion "again."

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Good on Robbo for getting this open for discussion.

It has to stop.

Tipping this exposure will also allow people to report anti social behaviour to greater effect in the future.

Will it stop it?

Well no.

However I think enough exposure will help for it to be better controlled in the future.

Furphy
Club Player

A defamation suit against the pies for the behaviour of their cheersquad will certainly knock of few raised noses out of joint!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I have just sent an email to the Saints Club, asking what they intend to do to support Milney on this, as the Collingwood Club and AFL are saying "nothing."

I am sure he would like this "to just go away," but it won't. He now has a wife and child that are being adversely impacted.

It will be interesting to see what the Club does.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I am sure if a chant went up calling someone something to do with their race or color or religion there would be an uproar. This is no better. It is not just a milney's a wanker chant or something lame.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Apparently our club has a President. He's never been seen nor heard so at this stage it just remains a rumor. If, however, he is found to actually exist one would think this would be a fit and proper subject for him to take up and defend Stevie Milne loudly and proudly.

Carna Saints!!!