Steven Salopek?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Steven Salopek?

Andrew Jarman just stated on Triple M Adelaide that there is a strong rumour Steve Salopek has requested a trade to St. Kilda!
Anyone heard anything?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

As we all know, he was a massive Saints fan and was all set to be drafted by St Kilda before Carlton was penalised for salary cap breaches and we snapped up Goddard instead.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

What has he done at port , that would warrant us to pick him up ?
Ive never seen him play a great game .

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Port will have a loss of over 200 points next year…

They're terrible already, but if they lose cornes x 2, rodan, salopek, carlisle, brogan, pearce & trengrove - far-out,

On the upside they will have priority picks for 10 years i suppose…

goodie
Club Player

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:As we all know, he was a massive Saints fan and was all set to be drafted by St Kilda before Carlton was penalised for salary cap breaches and we snapped up Goddard instead.
We could've had him too if we didn't trade for Brooks

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We can only hope not.

suss
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:What has he done at port , that would warrant us to pick him up ?
Unlike a lot of other players that get talked about on here, Salopek can play. But there are questions to ask like: what would he cost and can he get back to his best?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We can only hope not.
I'm sure that we would have picked him up in a flash 2-3 years ago.

Hopefully our philosophy has now changed a bit. On what I've seen of Salopek, I'd far sooner hang on to McQualter or Gamble. At least they've achieved something in pressure games. What has Salopek ever achieved?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Great if he doesn't cost too much!

Great if he doesn't cost too much!

I'm thinking a swap for Cahill or 3rd selection.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
mr six o'clock wrote:What has he done at port , that would warrant us to pick him up ?
Unlike a lot of other players that get talked about on here, Salopek can play. But there are questions to ask like: what would he cost and can he get back to his best?
He could play and so could Kane Cornes. Salopek hasnt played well for at least 2 seasons and he is also slow. We dont need his type. We need either an inside mid or a fast outside mid with skills.

Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:
He could play and so could Kane Cornes. Salopek hasnt played well for at least 2 seasons and he is also slow. We dont need his type. We need either an inside mid or a fast outside mid with skills.
We need pace even with average skills considering the attention our good midfielders get and how Brett Peake gets off the chain hopefully we could upgrade to a better younger version somehow.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

At 25.....he's of interest

He has had a lot of injuries.......a couple of excellent seasons

Atm he has lost interest in Port.....with 20 others

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Would take him but not for a great price. Slight improvement on Polo who is a slight improvement on McQualter.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:At 25.....he's of interest

He has had a lot of injuries.......a couple of excellent seasons

Atm he has lost interest in Port.....with 20 others
He will be nearly 27 next season. Hasnt played well for 2 years and has had injuries for many years and he is slow and not getting any quicker.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He would be most like a Farren ray type when fit, the odd very good game and a consistent 20 to 25 possessions per game, if cheap he is a good b grader and worth a go.

Zac Attack
Club Player

gringo wrote:He would be most like a Farren ray type when fit, the odd very good game and a consistent 20 to 25 possessions per game, if cheap he is a good b grader and worth a go.
Fazza Razza did not have injury issues before crossing over however.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Port Adelaide run their operation from a back shed, Dave Misson may be a bit better than Port Adelaide's medical team who probably work as concreters during the week.

Zac Attack
Club Player

gringo wrote:Port Adelaide run their operation from a back shed, Dave Misson may be a bit better than Port Adelaide's medical team who probably work as concreters during the week.
Isn't it good to be part of a club that now can point and laugh at the shithouse facilities of other clubs that we were grouped with some five years ago?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So he will be 26 next season....and was 25 this season....up intil 53 days ago.....he turned 26 in late june...on my birthday

He has averaged over 20 a game for the every year since 2006 where he got 429 possesions in 21 games.....

He has had some injuries.....but has played More than 15 games per year every year also....except this year where primus has lost the plot

noddy04
Club Player

So you have been inside the Port Club at Alberton? I have and their Training Facilities are outstanding . And I would take Salopek as well if he were cheap. Lots of Shoulder injuries early in his career.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So he will be 26 next season....and was 25 this season....up intil 53 days ago.....he turned 26 in late june...on my birthday

He has averaged over 20 a game for the every year since 2006 where he got 429 possesions in 21 games.....

He has had some injuries.....but has played More than 15 games per year every year also....except this year where primus has lost the plot
Funny what you can do with stats. He will be 3 months off 27 at the start of next season. He hasnt played more than 16 games a year for 5 years. Couldnt even get to 20 possessions per game last year. Only 16 per game this year. Averages less than 2 tackles per game. And is slow. Sorry but that is from watching the game not silly stats.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fantastic!

Just what we need. Another slow as treacle midfielder.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Zac Attack
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:So he will be 26 next season....and was 25 this season....up intil 53 days ago.....he turned 26 in late june...on my birthday

Funny what you can do with stats. He will be 3 months off 27 at the start of next season. He hasnt played more than 16 games a year for 5 years. Couldnt even get to 20 possessions per game last year. Only 16 per game this year. Averages less than 2 tackles per game. And is slow. Sorry but that is from watching the game not silly stats.
I read his draft summation and it listed him as 'a player you want to go to war with'...

Next question...why?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Zac Attack wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I read his draft summation and it listed him as 'a player you want to go to war with'...

Next question...why?
To use him as a human shield

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Can't hurt if we can pick him up with a late pick. 4th rounder or wouldn't bother though.