Our FIX-ture in 2012

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our FIX-ture in 2012

What do you want to see?

For me, priority one is more day games in Melbourne - a more family friendly fixture than this year's joke.

I don't mind a few Saturday twilights, but can't stand Sunday twilight or that Monday night rubbish bs Carlscum.

6 interstate trips is fair, provided all teams get at least 5 including the filth.

As for MCG home games, we may as well play about 4 there next season, as our attendances at Jihad are pathetic and costing us too much. The MCG isn't much better for us attendance wise but may offer a lower cost base.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope we continue with the night games unless they are Sunday day games. Obviously next year we will get less Friday night because lets face it we arent exciting to watch from neutral observers. One Monday surely doesnt hurt so that one can stay against Carlton and we probably will get less MCG home games this year because of our crowds at the G. As for interstate trips that will probably go to 7 next year because of the new sides and what ever happens the pies will again get 4 interstate. You can whinge everyday about it on here but it wont change and it has nothing to do with who is in charge. The same thing will happen with a new CEO as well.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our FIX-ture in 2012

saintspremiers wrote:I don't mind a few Saturday twilights, but can't stand Sunday twilight or that Monday night rubbish bs Carlscum.
i dislike sunday twilight and like monday night. most convenient time of the week for me. go straight to the footy from work, eat a pie for dinner, get home by 10:15. too easy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Our FIX-ture in 2012

bergholt wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:I don't mind a few Saturday twilights, but can't stand Sunday twilight or that Monday night rubbish bs Carlscum.
i dislike sunday twilight and like monday night. most convenient time of the week for me. go straight to the footy from work, eat a pie for dinner, get home by 10:15. too easy.
And I think that is the point of the fixture. When it comes out people will complain because it doesnt suit them but it may suit others. You cant make everyone happy. I dont like Saturday games because I cant go during the day and it is to much of a rush for me at night where as that may suit many others. No point in me complaining as I either change my plans and go or bad luck.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Hate Friday night games with a passion.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

take on all comers in 2012.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
ando051
Club Player

Don't like the Sunday Twilight games, Don't like Monday night games. Don't mind any other time slot. We will most probably have more Saturday or Sunday day games next year as most of the top teams from the previous year get the night games.

As long as we get the Gold Coast or Brissy up there in about June and July i will be happy with a mid year break and a game of footy in the warmer weather.

Bad Co.
Club Player

Cannot stand Sunday twilight games personally, and cannot for the life of me understand putting St. Kilda on at this time. The move to Moorabbin, (and now Seaford) means our main supporter base has furthur to travel. Nearly as ridiculous as putting Geelong on Sunday twilight.
Most of our supporters start getting off at Bentleigh, Moorabbin, then out to Mentone, Mordi, but plenty go to Frankston and get in cars and drive to Mornington etc. Great start to the week if you have young kids, getting home at 10:00.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I can't see it being much different to this year. Lets look at it realistally;

Collingwood DEMAND 16 games at the G (incl H&A v Ess & Carl), 2 games at Etihad & 4 Interstate trips (incl GC & Syd) They will, like always get what they DEMAND

Carlton & Essendon have a SET MIXTURE of MCG & Etihad games. That WON'T change

WA, SA, NSW & Qld clubs get their derbys, showdowns etc

We have strong links wioth Etihad, meaning we get to play more than our fair share of home games v low drawing Interstate clubs

Not much changes ...........EVER !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Hope we don't play any more than two of the top 5 + Essendon twice.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I want two cracks at the Giants AND the suns.

I want four matches at the MCG

I want six or less interstate matches.

I want one match only against Essendon.

That's all.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I want two cracks at the Giants AND the suns.

That's all.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I want two cracks at the Giants AND the suns.

That's all.
You WILL wake up from this dream !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

More day games in Melbourne.

More games at the MCG.

Not too many six-day breaks.

Although Monday night isn't a great fixture, I realise that it is another opportunity for the club to get maximum exposure by having the eyes of the footy world on them for that night.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Hate Friday night games with a passion.
luv em. sponsors dream. we are priveliged to play them.

“Yeah….nah””