Shinboner Spirit...?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Middo
Club Player

Shinboner Spirit...?

Hate the way everytime the Roo's put up a decent performance they pull out the Shinboner line , well where the hell was it on Sat night as I reckon if that was my team that laid down and copped it I would be absolutely fuming !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

"I thought you said those wittle wascals had spiwit!"

:lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Did you say the Shinboners were on the spirits??

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You couldn't even call that performance a shin-half-a-mongrel…

The longer they keep that whinger as their captain, the better for everyone else.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Good lord NOTHING irritates me more, and that includes both Mark McPhee AND Essendon fans.

Their on field conduct against our guys in most of recent encounters has been entirely of the Liberatore kind. It's not 'spirit', it's cheating.

And Ziebell's snipe combined with the behaviour of the King of Downhill Skiing, Boomer Harvey, was simply child-like.

Do us a favour and piddle off to Tasmania, Kangaroos. And take that David King spud with you and drop him out of the plane en route.

Over them, their idiotic bleatings and their empty pockets.

They suck.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Image

"I thought you said those wittle wascals had spiwit!"

:lol:
...and thwow him to the fwoor sir?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

At the moment, they appear to have won three more flags than us in 26 less years, the most recent in 1998.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:At the moment, they appear to have won three more flags than us in 26 less years, the most recent in 1998.
1999 actually. And only cos the Scum upset Bummers in the prelim

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Shinboner is pretty apt too:

Harvey reminds me of an annoying guinea pig that tries to hump your leg...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So tell me where has it been reported about Harvey lodging a complaint?

The Carlton flogs on ch10 were trying to build it up like Dempster had said something to him in appropriate (you know like, " you are piss weak Harvey, get a kick") or some other terrible slur :roll:

Considering nothing has been reported, I take it that Norf's captain was complaining that he was being Dempstered and wanted the umpire help him get a kick and not get thrashed.

Please tell me the captain of a football club was not making an official complaint because he was getting towelled.

Please tell me that this is not so.............

If it is true - OH MY GOD. What has Scott instilled into that club????

Deary me.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
perfectionist wrote:At the moment, they appear to have won three more flags than us in 26 less years, the most recent in 1998.
1999 actually.
My apologies. Only makes it worse.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
stevie wrote:
1999 actually.
My apologies. Only makes it worse.
You'll get over it eventually.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Middo
Club Player

And ....?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Fitzroy has won more flags than us - they aint in existence anymore...(and please dont quote the "Corporate Qld Lions" as Fitzroy cause they aint).

Nth headed same way - no supporter base and no heartland to draw from.

AND THE biggest wanna be tough little man as captain....serious Jake King issues this bloke.....and in big games. GOES MISSING.

“Yeah….nah””
dragit
Saintsational Legend

There is a relatively long list of clubs that have won more flags than us over the past 30 years…

We're not talking flags, we're talking about boning shins here…

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I don't like criticizing North, myself, because they are in such a bad financial position. It reminds me of when we were in the "Save Our Saints" era, worried about the future of our club.

The media do overuse the "Shinboner spirit" thing... and North played like crap against a much better team (us)... and they've been times when North fans have really peeved me...

But they aren't a powerhouse, and they don't get the favoured treatment of Collingwood, so I don't mind them trying to hang their hat on one thing (the Shinboner concept) to motivate the team and fans.

Just my personal opinion, not that I'm saying you are wrong or anything... just can't get worked up about a team we just smashed, which is struggling financially.

They do have premierships... and it's amazing that even after their success with Carey (which I envy) they have to use a thing like the 'Shinboner' idea to desperately try to market their club and get members.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

shinboner spirit - they had it.
now with their coach and captain they have the 'macenroe spirit'

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
degruch
Saintsational Legend

It's laughable...throwback to the 1950's, the concept that a team has a particular 'spirit' that can be unbottled and splashed around like Brut 33. Club's do have a culture, that's undoubtable, but some tired old cliche they drag out when North wins, ain't it.

Anyway, they're dust now...I'd be much happier if we can do the same to Carlton this week. It's like an extended finals campaign, isn't it?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Shinboner Spirit?

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Shinboner spirit seems to comprise of sniping and niggling away from the umpires, and staging and protesting when they're nearby.

Pathetic North supporters call Ziebell "tough" and Riewoldt a "princess". One earned himself a holiday and the other imposed his will on the game.

Years of mediocrity have obviously given them a funny idea about "tough".

degruch
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:Shinboner spirit seems to comprise of sniping and niggling away from the umpires, and staging and protesting when they're nearby.

Pathetic North supporters call Ziebell "tough" and Riewoldt a "princess". One earned himself a holiday and the other imposed his will on the game.

Years of mediocrity have obviously given them a funny idea about "tough".
:lol: So true. The loser comments below the Sun's online article in regard to BJ's comments on the hit, are almost tear-jerkingly laughable. 'Give the young guy a break'!?! :shock: I guessed they were referring to Ziebel, and not Roo's broken neck then?

St Lenny
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:I don't like criticizing North, myself, because they are in such a bad financial position. It reminds me of when we were in the "Save Our Saints" era, worried about the future of our club.

The media do overuse the "Shinboner spirit" thing... and North played like crap against a much better team (us)... and they've been times when North fans have really peeved me...

But they aren't a powerhouse, and they don't get the favoured treatment of Collingwood, so I don't mind them trying to hang their hat on one thing (the Shinboner concept) to motivate the team and fans.

Just my personal opinion, not that I'm saying you are wrong or anything... just can't get worked up about a team we just smashed, which is struggling financially.

They do have premierships... and it's amazing that even after their success with Carey (which I envy) they have to use a thing like the 'Shinboner' idea to desperately try to market their club and get members.
I partially agree. Feel for them sometimes. Except for when they play us, their supporters can be absolutely foul as any other of the flogs we cant stand and Harvey is pathetic.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think Brent Harvey was channeling the Bitch-moaner spirit.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

It has been one of the worst displays of 'spirit' and sportsmanship I've seen in the AFL. They get sucked into their own hype after beating a bunch of struggling teams and get slaughtered by a more hardened, organised, determined outfit. In retaliation their young "guns" try and snipe out the best players and their captain can't cope with a tag so he picks a fight, runs away from it and then complains to the umpires that someone hit him (which was later deemed to have insufficiant force to be considered a strike). I can not possibly have less respect for an AFL player than I do for Brent Harvey; an absolute joke of a captain and a petty, selfish footballer.

I hope they have fun in the bottom half of the ladder for the next 5 years while their midget forward line continues to misfire and the horrible skills of the midfield and defence continues to gift easy goals to the opposition.

Megsie
Club Player

harvey complained to ump along the lines of "being held" then BJ hit me
ump replied "duly noted." Was looked at by MRVP & thrown out.

Harvey is a squealer........should be duly noted that The shinboners are to be renamed "the pigs"