If Ross goes I don't want that Collingwood chap.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If Ross goes I don't want that Collingwood chap.

Although I’ll continue to support the club whatever decision they make, I really don’t want Malthouse.

Just don’t like the bloke. And I don’t like the whole Milney thing.

People seem to regard him as some sort of Messiah just because he’s coached 3 flags. But one has to ask, how many flags has he achieved at middle rung clubs? West Coast were flush with funds and were able to assemble an amazing array of talent from within WA. And the Pies – well, they are the Pies so enough said.

If we fork out the millions required to land this grumpy old man, how much will we have left over to fund our altitude training trips to Arizona?

How will Mick go trying to land favourable Jolly and Ball deals when the destination is Greg’s St Kilda and not Eddie’s Collingwood?

Mick at St Kilda would probably be no more successful than Mick at Foostcray, and that is less successful than Ross at St Kilda.

If Ross does indeed go I sincerely hope the Saints look beyond the bloke with the grey moustache.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Too much bad blood on both sides for him to come to us. We couldn't afford him or his ego either.

Anyway, he wouldn't be prepared to travel to Frankston !
Last edited by Junction Oval on Tue 13 Sep 2011 12:39pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Leigh Tudor would be my target. Or Brendon McCarthy (I think that's his name)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Sobraz
SS Life Member

We'll end up getting Eade out of the dole queue..

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohh ffs
please no

saintm
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:We'll end up getting Eade out of the dole queue..
"Rocket" was the name put forward by the Sunday Inquisition panel (Whateley, Alves and Gullan) as a good fit for the Saints should Ross leave.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh well
if he is gawn

those waiting for social club membership shouldnt have a prob next year :roll:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
"Rocket" was the name put forward by the Sunday Inquisition panel (Whateley, Alves and Gullan) as a good fit for the Saints should Ross leave.

Well he would probably take the same size chair so perhaps they're right :roll:

ThePunter
Club Player

I'll think long and hard about my membership if we do get Malthouse.

Has shown complete disrespect for the club in the past. On more than one occasion.

Grrrrr
Club Player

No No No...F**k no!

F**k!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:I'll think long and hard about my membership if we do get Malthouse.

Has shown complete disrespect for the club in the past. On more than one occasion.
The man is a piece of s***. Plain and simple.

He is a lying, cowardly snake in the grass. There is no way, NO WAY I will follow the club if he....ever became coach.

There is no way known it will happen anyway.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ThomasR
Club Player

Mark Neeld on the other hand...

PaytonPlace
Club Player

I hope he does become coach. In a way. I have got a lot of DVDs to watch and some gardening to do, and I might finally get top marks on this St Kilda quiz

http://www.sporcle.com/games/DJDaForce/StKilda00s

I certainly wouldn't be watching St Kilda on the weekends if he was coach...

Ajer
Club Player

PaytonPlace wrote:I hope he does become coach. In a way. I have got a lot of DVDs to watch and some gardening to do, and I might finally get top marks on this St Kilda quiz

What do you mean? Like you'd tape the games on the weekend and watch them during the week?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
ThePunter wrote:I'll think long and hard about my membership if we do get Malthouse.

The man is a piece of s***. Plain and simple.

He is a lying, cowardly snake in the grass. There is no way, NO WAY I will follow the club if he....ever became coach.

There is no way known it will happen anyway.
+1

However I would still support the team just no renew my membership.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
PaytonPlace
Club Player

Ajer wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:I hope he does become coach. In a way. I have got a lot of DVDs to watch and some gardening to do, and I might finally get top marks on this St Kilda quiz

What do you mean? Like you'd tape the games on the weekend and watch them during the week?
Just not interested in the club if he's the coach. Personal opinion, just hate what he said to Milney. Hate is playing it down...

He won't be coach, so it's speculative anyway.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If RL was to go we should everything to get MM. Probably no hope but why wouldnt you. He lies and if RL goes so does he. The only hard part could be getting Milney and MM to work together but I reckon they are bigger and more forgiving than most people on this board. If they thought Hitler could win them a flag they would work with him. I am the same.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:If RL was to go we should everything to get MM. Probably no hope but why wouldnt you. He lies and if RL goes so does he. The only hard part could be getting Milney and MM to work together but I reckon they are bigger and more forgiving than most people on this board. If they thought Hitler could win them a flag they would work with him. I am the same.
Well I just don't like the bloke.

But that aside I again query whether he can actually deliver a flag without the resources of a Collingwood or West Coast? Who knows? I for one have my doubts.

noob
Club Player

You can't really throw everything at Mick malthouse when we supposably we can't afford to keep ross lyon.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:If RL was to go we should everything to get MM. Probably no hope but why wouldnt you. He lies and if RL goes so does he. The only hard part could be getting Milney and MM to work together but I reckon they are bigger and more forgiving than most people on this board. If they thought Hitler could win them a flag they would work with him. I am the same.
Well I just don't like the bloke.

But that aside I again query whether he can actually deliver a flag without the resources of a Collingwood or West Coast? Who knows? I for one have my doubts.

The pies have huge resources but their game plan is the reason they were so good last year and earlier this year. Teams are working out ways of beating it now. He is a great coach so he will come up with another game plan. That doesnt mean you win the flag obviously because you still have to have the players. MM and RL are the best 2 coaches in the AFL to work with what they have and Clarkson just behind.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball is coming back if Ross leaves? :D

Actually, to be serious for a moment - it's tough but bear with me - I agree with plugger about MM. He will be the best available one going around and he would fancy the challenge.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hey Spacey, I thought you said on the other thread that it was made up, and Ross is staying! :o

For the record, we should consider Tudor if Ross goes.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Hey Spacey, I thought you said on the other thread that it was made up, and Ross is staying! :o

For the record, we should consider Tudor if Ross goes.
The thing with Tudor is that everyone rates him as a great assistant but has never been talked about as a coach. That would suggest he doesnt want that responsibility.

Maklom
Club Player

MM coming across to us would lose 10,000 - 15,000 members. Do you seriously think this board would entertain it if he was up for it?

Then again...we are talking about a St Kilda board here so...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm just hoping we might be able to lure Malcolm Blight out of retirement… Maybe if we offer him really big $ on a long term deal?