Who saw any of this coming???

ShakenNotStirred

Who saw any of this coming???

Ok then where are the Confucius's of this board.

Can anyone honestly say they say ANY of this coming. I'm talking about what has occurred sans our loss to Sydney.

Curious.

This is how fickle our great game is and can be. :(

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)

I didn't see it coming, but I was told, about mid season, by a very reliable source, that Ross would walk if he got a better offer. The reliable source was sure he was going to Melbourne last week. He caught everybody off guard.

Further to Bernard's Post, had some good info tonight that Ross may have been talking to Freo for a few weeks - read last time Freo were Melb.

Will know more tomorrow and will Post if it is true, rather than just another rumor, but the source is knowledgeable.

Other than that, I doubt whether any outsiders had a clue, including me. But the "insiders" certainly knew that things were crook in Tallarook.

I was told last Friday that RL would be leaving but I didnt post it till now. I wanted to make sure so i could say I had good information.

I expected significant change but knew not what.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'

No, surprisingly not a hint of trouble here in Port Adelaide! Once the news broke though, despite the spin, it was quite obvious Ross had been putting it about...2 weeks to stitch up the deal, pffft.

ShakenNotStirred

Speaking of Port Adelaide......Danyle Pearce apparently wants out and the filth is his choice of clubs......pfffft.

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)

ShakenNotStirred wrote:Speaking of Port Adelaide......Danyle Pearce apparently wants out and the filth is his choice of clubs......pfffft.
They deserve each other.

rosie185

Back in April when I was at the Saints vs Essendon game, I got a text message saying your coach is leaving St. Kilda. So I've been waiting since.

ShakenNotStirred

rosie185 wrote:Back in April when I was at the Saints vs Essendon game, I got a text message saying your coach is leaving St. Kilda. So I've been waiting since.
Is that Rosie from the Punt Road End????

St Michele

When we went defensive in the last quarter of the final against the Swans I said I touhght he was going to Melbourne and would announce his resignation after the game. I really thought we had that game won until then and wondered why he changed the way we were playing....but did not even think about Freo being the poachers. :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!

St Michele wrote:When we went defensive in the last quarter of the final against the Swans I said I touhght he was going to Melbourne and would announce his resignation after the game. I really thought we had that game won until then and wondered why he changed the way we were playing....but did not even think about Freo being the poachers. :lol:
Yep St Michele I can remember our conversation at the end of that game. How bemused we were of the changes he made in the last quarter............ My only explanation to you was the lads had expended so much energy to get back into the game during the third quarter and said to him they were feeling exhausted and Lyon possibly decided to go back to playing defensive footy and slow down footy for awhile then ramp it up later in the quarter..........but no the defensive mindset had taken over.

Yes you distinctly commented it looked like he wanted to lose the game, and maybe he is going to Melbourne...........you just got your clubs wrong dear friend.

derby Street

ShakenNotStirred wrote:Speaking of Port Adelaide......Danyle Pearce apparently wants out and the filth is his choice of clubs......pfffft.
They deserve each other.
I hope the filth go after the sheepdog and I would not be surprised if PA tried to trade him.

plugger66 wrote:I was told last Friday that RL would be leaving but I didnt post it till now. I wanted to make sure so i could say I had good information.
Well hindsight is 20/20.

Wait........................... Ross is Leaving?

After we heard he was staying I was still thinking it was weird that no big public announcement had come from the club or Lyon. It was still a massive shock but was never comfortable.

who?

:?:

plugger66 wrote:I was told last Friday that RL would be leaving but I didnt post it till now. I wanted to make sure so i could say I had good information.
I'm not trying to be a smart alec but wasn't in the paper last friday? Or u being a jokester again?

I certainly thought he could definitely go to melbourne. But F*** me. I never saw freo coming.

When my mate texted me I thought it was a typo/joke.

When Ross said the weasel words about being as "committed as ever", I had a feeling "in my waters" that was off and posted to that effect on here. I recall that a few agreed with me, but most thought he was saying he was going to stay.

I personally believe that he tried his best in the game against the Swans. It was the usual arm wrestle stuff in tHe first two quarters, then he allowed the team to take risks and play catch up footy in the third quarter and then would have felt at the beginning of the last that we were close enough to resume the arm wrestle.

A typical Lyon coaching performance. I have never thought much of thr bloke as a human being, but I can't imagine him deliberately throwing games.