on the couch

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

on the couch

i lost a lot of respect for paul roos last night.....was suggesting that the saints did something bad to judas and that whatever it was ..made it impossible for judas to remain at the saints.....wouldn't say what it was though....

typical ...throw enough s*** to cover judas's tracks why don't you roos....ffs...

...also defended judas for ball leaving for greener pastures ...after noddy stating that the saints would regret for a long long time judas telling ball he was not in the saints best 22 players.....said ball wasn't at the time...but was now a far far better footballer....

...wot a load of old cobblers....but then ...who is ross' best mate....or is that ...only mate????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well to be fair Stinger, Paul knows all about 'intenable' situations.

When Barry needed him, he didn't even return his phone calls.

Did he say the 'Saints' did something wrong, or the board, or make it sound like he fell out with a particular individual?

I reckon the board was telling him how to coach.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Could be anything. All the way from they wouldn't give him a couple of years salary up-front, to some office joker at Seaford putting salt in his tea.

I mean honestly....it seems so juvenile. Maybe a board member called him a nasty name.

Poor Ross. Actually, not so poor now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well to be fair Stinger, Paul knows all about 'intenable' situations.

Did he say the 'Saints' did something wrong, or the board, or make it sound like he fell out with a particular individual?

Well if they were that is a disgrace. I doubt it very much to be honest.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well to be fair Stinger, Paul knows all about 'intenable' situations.

Well if they were that is a disgrace. I doubt it very much to be honest.
I agree, shouldn't ever happen.

Board either buys in to the style, or they don't.

Have my suspicions they did though.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It sounds about as believable as when Ross said we was committed to his contract. :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
spert
Saintsational Legend

The board probably said half way though the season to Lyon -you had three goes and didn't win a premiership, and now with no wins, you want to talk contracts...nah let's see how you go by the end of the season, then we'll talk contracts.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no ..he wouldn't say....the subject came up because roos had been quoted in a west aussie paper saying that judas had no choice but to leave the saints

..said on tellie last night that if he had been asked for his advice..he would have told ross to leave...also said that the ceo was well aware of the reasons for judas leaving...apart from that he said sfa...apart from that he was ross's mate and therefore wouldn't be discussing it publicly...yeah yeah... :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:It sounds about as believable as when Ross said we was committed to his contract. :roll:
who...me ..or roos...??

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:It sounds about as believable as when Ross said we was committed to his contract. :roll:
who...me ..or roos...??
you. :lol:

nah, Roos and Lyon of course.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

no ..he wouldn't say....the subject came up because roos had been quoted in a west aussie paper saying that judas had no choice but to leave the saints

..said on tellie last night that if he had been asked for his advice..he would have told ross to leave...also said that the ceo was well aware of the reasons for judas leaving...apart from that he said sfa...apart from that he was ross's mate and therefore wouldn't be discussing it publicly...yeah yeah... :roll: :roll:
Riiiigghhht! Why gp there in the firts place. Bunch of wankers. :twisted: :evil:

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: on the couch

stinger wrote:i lost a lot of respect for paul roos last night.....was suggesting that the saints did something bad to judas and that whatever it was ..made it impossible for judas to remain at the saints.....wouldn't say what it was though....

typical ...throw enough s*** to cover judas's tracks why don't you roos....ffs...

...also defended judas for ball leaving for greener pastures ...after noddy stating that the saints would regret for a long long time judas telling ball he was not in the saints best 22 players.....said ball wasn't at the time...but was now a far far better footballer....

...wot a load of old cobblers....but then ...who is ross' best mate....or is that ...only mate????

Agree.

Used smoke and mirrors to defend actions but was never ever going to explain and detail.

Thing is, he could easily be using only his reputation, to backup Ross and no one can question it.

Thing is, media don't know why he left... Other than money and minor other things. Roos attempts to paint a bigger cloud over that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
who...me ..or roos...??
you. :lol:

nah, Roos and Lyon of course.
wipes brow whilst being greatly relieved... :D

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

The worry is, that "something" fairly disconcerting has occured. If it was Board interference, or Pelchen's attitude, it must be sorted out before similar things occur with the New Coach.

If it was primarily Ross's fault (there are always two sides), then he's gone now. There have been many "departures" at the Club, which is not a good signal for on-going harmony and working co-operatively towards a single-minded goal.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:i lost a lot of respect for paul roos last night.....was suggesting that the saints did something bad to judas and that whatever it was ..made it impossible for judas to remain at the saints.....wouldn't say what it was though....

Agree.

Used smoke and mirrors to defend actions but was never ever going to explain and detail.

Thing is, he could easily be using only his reputation, to backup Ross and no one can question it.

Thing is, media don't know why he left... Other than money and minor other things. Roos attempts to paint a bigger cloud over that.
yep.....trying to protect judas's reputation...or so that's how it appeared to me....made noddy sit up and take notice though.....we haven't heard the last of this....

Moods
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

I actually reckon that's spot on. No way Ball is the same footballer now as he was back at the end of 09. Now that may well be Lyon's fault. It may well be the fact that the pies sports medicine staff are superior to ours, it may be that Luke Ball pulled his finger out. Any way you look at it though Ball was a dead set plodder in 09 - he is now pretty much back to where he was in 05.

At the time I 100% agreed with Lyon - and Ball has shown the character to prove he's no where near finished.

Just b/c Ball had a good GF in 09 doesn't mean he was some sort of star not being given a fair go. He was terrible in the prelim and his only game of note in the 2nd half of that season (other than the GF) was the game against the hawks in Launceston.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

At the end of the day, Greg Ghostaway didn't deliver us a ten coach like he said/expected.

Our club has never been strong enough at board level to achieve this, even if the admin side is slowly improving over the years.

Maybe in 20 years it will get fixed. Clearly takes a lot of time.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
jays
Club Player

not good form

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

Right! Why gp there in the first place. Bunch of wankers. :twisted: :evil:
To be fair, it looked like Sheahan and Healy were trying to prise out of Roos some reasons for his comments that Lyon had no choice but to depart.
Something has happened for sure, maybe about RL's contract, or Pelchen's arrival....

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:At the end of the day, Greg Ghostaway didn't deliver us a ten coach like he said/expected.

Our club has never been strong enough at board level to achieve this, even if the admin side is slowly improving over the years.

Maybe in 20 years it will get fixed. Clearly takes a lot of time.
So the only important decison that a board ever has to make is to appoint a coach is it? How do you know what happened at board level? There are two sides to every story but I believe Nathan Burke's version as per his piece in Inside Football.

BTW, the board's role is much wider than making one decision, albeit a very important one to appoint the coach and it should be seen in a broader context of running a business responsibly.
Last edited by SaintPav on Tue 27 Sep 2011 7:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

StSteven
Club Player

Agree with previous post. Too easy to be flippant about this but Roos made it clear something happened and Ross had little alternative but to leave. Implied it was serious and Westaway knows exactly what it was.

It will all come out soon.....it always does

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:

..said on tellie last night that if he had been asked for his advice..he would have told ross to leave...also said that the ceo was well aware of the reasons for judas leaving...apart from that he said sfa...apart from that he was ross's mate and therefore wouldn't be discussing it publicly...yeah yeah... :roll:  :roll:
Right!  Why gp there in the first place.  Bunch of wankers.  :twisted:  :evil:
To be fair, it looked like Sheahan and Healy were trying to prise out of Roos some reasons for his comments that Lyon had no choice but to depart.
Something has happened for sure, maybe about RL's contract, or Pelchen's arrival....
I can understand Healy & Noddy putting pressure on Roos.

But given he was never going to spill the beans it would be better if he simply said "I'm a good friend of Ross so I'd prefer not to comment on what has happened".

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

I've got a feeling Burkey & Loewey are trying get Harves the senior gig. Just a hunch, but these guys were involved in sacking Alves, Blight, maybe Lyon??

asaint
Club Player

I've got a feeling Burkey & Loewey are trying get Harves the senior gig. Just a hunch, but these guys were involved in sacking Alves, Blight, maybe Lyon??

Now that is just ridiculous.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:I've got a feeling Burkey & Loewey are trying get Harves the senior gig. Just a hunch, but these guys were involved in sacking Alves, Blight, maybe Lyon??
and the one subject that will get the mild mannered Harves Riled

from his book- Harves "Strength through loyalty"
Page 135
" The most dissappointing thing after Stan got the sack was the innuendo that Burkey, Loewey and myself had somehow been behind it. To this day, that was a slur that I resented and I still do. I think it's ridiculous to suggest that players had so much input to oust a coach. Unfortunately, people on the media, headed by Rex Hunt , perpetuated the myth and it was just utter crap......>>>>>>>>>> ( he had a go at Hunt on air the next year) >>> But the whole thing was serious to me and I regarded it as an insult....>>>>>>>>
, but all the allegations that were levellled at us were a nightmare."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107