What has this board done?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

oneteam
Club Player

What has this board done?

All this board has done, is take us to a prelim, a grand final , a grand final and an ellimination final in the last 4 years.

After Butters took us from 3rd to 4th to 8th to 9th in the previous 4 years

And they made a profit last year of 1.7 mil and a loss this year of something like 1.5mil.

Oh, but wait , how did our on field first 8 weeks affect their targeted revenue for membership , reserved seats, merchandise and sponsorship?

Bit tough to blame them for expecting we would get a good start to the year.

Maybe bring back Butters, stop spending on footy and admin, make a profit but gut the place.

but for sure WE MUST DESTABILISE THE CLUB AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE !

Lets send a message to our new coach that we are saints people, after all, and that's what we do. Destabilise, whinge , ignore any positives and just basically have as much in fighting as possible.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by oneteam on Thu 13 Oct 2011 1:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I like it :D :D

I love this club
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

great post

#1 Ryder fan
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Results? Those mean nothing

SACK THE BOARD

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Richter
SS Life Member

Re: What has this board done?

oneteam wrote:All this board has done, is take us to a prelim, a grand final , a grand final and an ellimination final in the last 4 years.
Absolutely.

Footy first? Pfft..... :roll: :roll: :wink:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Continuing with the positives. The loss this year can be largely attributed to the fit out at Linen House Centre !!
Last edited by Eastern on Thu 13 Oct 2011 2:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Continuing with the positives. The loss this year can be largely attributed to the fit out at Linen House Centre, meaning that our players & admin now have facilities befitting a professional sporting organization from where to apply their craft !!
And the shyte deal at jihad would not help, the deal signed of be the previous admin and endorsed by the eddie FL

I love this club
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:All this board has done, is take us to a prelim, a grand final , a grand final and an ellimination final in the last 4 years.

And they made a profit last year of 1.7 mil and a loss this year of something like 1.5mil.

Oh, but wait , how did our on field first 8 weeks affect their targeted revenue for membership , reserved seats, merchandise and sponsorship?

Maybe bring back Butters, stop spending on footy and admin, make a profit but gut the place.

Lets send a message to our new coach that we are saints people, after all, and that's what we do. Destabilise, whinge , ignore any positives and just basically have as much in fighting as possible.

Lyon, Misson etc were all put in place by the previous Board.

Recruiting of kids was not improved till last year.

IMO our current board are under-achievers, by comparison with many other teams.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
markp
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Don't let facts spoil the fun.

We've got the best board and CEO in the whole world, now we've jettisoned a dud coach and nuffy training 'guru' we're set.

oneteam
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:

hilarious.

Anything that has happened that is good over the last 4 years you give the credit to the previous board.

Anything bad that happened in the last 4 years you blame the current board.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sent us from a position of Financial security to one of 1.5 mill loss during one of our most successful periods on field.

Not bad. :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Don't really have that many issues with the board as such, though I think they need to hold some of our senior staff more accountable.

My criticism of the board would be that I reckon they gave too much control to the coach.

He made St Kilda an island, how they allowed that to happen is beyond me?

oneteam
Club Player

markp wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:

Don't let facts spoil the fun.

We've got the best board and CEO in the whole world, now we've jettisoned a dud coach and nuffy training 'guru' we're set.

DO NOT ALLOW STABILITY AND SENSE TO BE THE REACTION to Lyon and Missen leaving.

GET THE EXPLOSIVES. BLOW THE PLACE UP. Make it worse.

That's the smart thing to do .

:wink: :wink: :wink:

oneteam
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:sent us from a position of Financial security to one of 1.5 mill loss during one of our most successful periods on field.

Not bad. :roll:
how did our on field first 8 weeks affect their targeted revenue for membership , reserved seats, merchandise and sponsorship?

So how did the board cause that? Exactly?

Or maybe Ross and the Players stuffed up on field in the first 8 rounds, the expenses were locked in and the revenue did not come.?

No - the board were at fault.???
Last edited by oneteam on Thu 13 Oct 2011 2:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneteam
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Don't really have that many issues with the board as such, though I think they need to hold some of our senior staff more accountable.

My criticism of the board would be that I reckon they gave too much control to the coach.

Correct IMO

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Underachieved. Except for one thing.

Q5
Club Player

oneteam wrote:
SainterK wrote:Don't really have that many issues with the board as such, though I think they need to hold some of our senior staff more accountable.

Correct IMO
I agree - just hope they've learnt from their past 'mistakes'...

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

saintsRrising wrote:IMO our current board are under-achievers, by comparison with many other teams.
I'm surprised you think that.

The previous board managed to pull off some good things, of which Lyon and Misson were two.

They also managed to c**k a few things up royally. If Butterss managed to haul the coals out of the fire, it was by squeezing blood from a stone and in spite of some reckless footy department salary spending.

Joey and Chips were the last two genuine steals in the draft, and after that their record is no prettier than the current board's first couple of years. Second lowest of all clubs in recruitment spending can't have helped.

The club may have posted a loss this year but it will still have a healthy net asset position the equal or better of the other "minnow" clubs. The current board have achieved this year on year after inheriting a club that had the lowest revenue and staff numbers in the AFL.

The current admin have had their share of cockups (especially lately), but I'm getting sick of the bum raps they're being given.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I tend to agree with you inker. the pattern has always been at St Kilda for the board to follow the coach out the door...Plympton & co in 2000, Buttocks & co in 2006/7 It would be a pleasant and practical change to see a little stability and continuity for a change! This person we had coaching us, LEFT! and did the dirty on us all! Some wish to turn logic on it's head and make him a "victim" in all this :roll: I don't for one second believe that the board are beyond being criticised, but some of the posts of late concerning the board are bordering on hysterical, and do NOTHING to help matters.
At a time when we require cool heads and strong nerve, simply ranting and raving for the board to be sacked -IMMEDIATELY!!! if you don't mind :roll: (without of course furnishing a solitary nomination as alternative :roll: ) gives credibility to the popular notion that our club is a rabble!
I'm sick of it!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

What about the aqueducts? :P

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote: Lyon, Misson etc were all put in place by the previous Board.

Don't let the facts get in the way of the laterally challenged apologist spin doctoring clowns!

The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...

and now somehow this is the current boards list of achievements

FAIR DINKUM there are some clueless ninny hammers around here!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:What about the aqueducts? :P
All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have this board ever done for us? :lol:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
saintsRrising wrote: Lyon, Misson etc were all put in place by the previous Board.

Don't let the facts get in the way of the laterally challenged apologist spin doctoring clowns!

The club has ridden on the wave of having a brilliant coach and fitness and conditioning guru BOTH appointed by the previous board that were chiefly responsible for us making these Grand Finals etc...etc...

You got one thing right barks :P

markp
Saintsational Legend

Gotta love 'ninny-hammers'... :lol:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

FAIR DINKUM Flowering clowns

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93