Future Forward Line Shaping Up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Future Forward Line Shaping Up

With the acquisition of Saad and Milera, our post Roo/Kosi/Milne is starting to take shape. Obviously those guys still have some footy left in them (I'd love to see Roo hit the gym and finish his days at FF), but it's good to see some planning for the future. We might also see Schneids make use of his good skills more in the midfield now that we've got some smalls who can apply more pressure.

For 2012 I'm guessing our forward line will generally look like this

HF: Schneider, Riewoldt, Siposs
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Saad

With Walsh the first backup in case of injury (or if Kosi is needed to ruck or is out of form)

Then by 2014 we've got Walsh in his prime, Saad and Milera hopefully running around kicking goals, Siposs using his ridiculous skills turning everything into gold , Roo still kicking 50-60 at FF and maybe Rhys Stanley could live up to expectations. Not sure what Schneids would be up to; may take Milney's role, might settle down at half back or might retire early and get pissed. I feel like Siposs has taken the spot Lynch may have been hoping for.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re: Future Forward Line Shaping Up

mad saint guy wrote:With the acquisition of Saad and Milera, our post Roo/Kosi/Milne is starting to take shape. Obviously those guys still have some footy left in them (I'd love to see Roo hit the gym and finish his days at FF), but it's good to see some planning for the future. We might also see Schneids make use of his good skills more in the midfield now that we've got some smalls who can apply more pressure.

With Walsh the first backup in case of injury (or if Kosi is needed to ruck or is out of form)

Then by 2014 we've got Walsh in his prime, Saad and Milera hopefully running around kicking goals, Siposs using his ridiculous skills turning everything into gold , Roo still kicking 50-60 at FF and maybe Rhys Stanley could live up to expectations. Not sure what Schneids would be up to; may take Milney's role, might settle down at half back or might retire early and get pissed. I feel like Siposs has taken the spot Lynch may have been hoping for.
It really isn't too bad a forward line and no I don't just like Saad due to him being a Saint now. I have seen him on tv a few times before and he looked quality.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Saad has only played for about 5 seconds, so you would hope they could develop him further. That list of potential forwards is good on paper. If they all fire some decent guys are being left out. But they have to fire.....

Some talent to work with though.....

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I think we've seen enough of Kosi at ff to know that he doesn't quite cut it there and plays by far his best football in the ruck.

Walsh would be the obvious candidate for ff, Rooey chf. Then for the other spots, Milne, Schneider and see who prospers out of Gamble, Saad, Sippos and anyone else who has a knack for kicking goals.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Sorry double post
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 14 Oct 2011 5:32am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

As above

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

It may eventually be a good forward line but at the moment 2 of the 6 have played 3 games between them. Hardly have other sides shaking in their boots. Show a nuetral that forward line and they would say Rooy is a star, Milney very good most days and Schneider good. Kosi would get overated and they would say who are these other 2.

defacto
Club Player

our fwd line has potential but alot of clubs have fwd lines with potential. melbourne is a prime example. is anyone really scared of melbournes fwd line...no

in the short term we need replacements for milne and kozi asap. milne is getting on, you can hope for 2 more seasons at best. kozi just cant seem to shake injury.

we need to develop a full forward and a quick fwd pocket goal sneak.

pelchen has atleast identified the problem and is working to fix it.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:With the acquisition of Saad and Milera, our post Roo/Kosi/Milne is starting to take shape. Obviously those guys still have some footy left in them (I'd love to see Roo hit the gym and finish his days at FF), but it's good to see some planning for the future. We might also see Schneids make use of his good skills more in the midfield now that we've got some smalls who can apply more pressure.

It really isn't too bad a forward line and no I don't just like Saad due to him being a Saint now. I have seen him on tv a few times before and he looked quality.
Said myself that Saad would be an awesome pick up while watching him play for the Northern Bullants on ABC. Personally I never thaught we would get him though. Very happy that we have.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
StevieSaint
Club Player

I watched Milera kick a freakish goal from the boundary on YouTube, could bob up like a Gartlett or Betts, the other name we are missing from the 2012 forward line is....Brendan....Brendan Fevola!

GO SAINTS GO
gringo
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:our fwd line has potential but alot of clubs have fwd lines with potential. melbourne is a prime example. is anyone really scared of melbournes fwd line...no

in the short term we need replacements for milne and kozi asap. milne is getting on, you can hope for 2 more seasons at best. kozi just cant seem to shake injury.

we need to develop a full forward and a quick fwd pocket goal sneak.

pelchen has atleast identified the problem and is working to fix it.
I'm scared that when they fire they will be great. Jurrah, Green and Skinny jack will be stars one day, just need a great crumber and they will go well.

sRaf
Club Player

What I like is that finally it looks like we'll soon have a lot of avenues to goal, similar to Carlton and Collingwood.

There's a lot of speed and strength in that line up. Hopefully it will be the return of our trademark forward line pressure :twisted:

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Hopefully Siposs will have a great career with us but if we're in the top 8 next year and he plays 10 or so games I'll be pretty happy. I do like the potential move of Saad in the pocket and Schnieder up to the wing, though, to put his disposal to good use and give us some midfield goals, which we've been lacking for....ever.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Kosi needs to play in the ruck. For years the argument was that he couldn't play ruck because he could get injured, but I think now, the fact that he is 29, past his prime, but still holds his place as a regular, means that he needs to be played somewhere he is not likely to get exploited for his lack of pace.
In the ruck he is genuinely dangerous, and his second half in the 2010 GF is proof of that against quality like Jolly.
Floating back in to the foward line clunking marks, he could be a fantastic weapon, but not playing as a stay at home forward for mine.
He is still a very, very handy player, if not the superstar he threatened to become.

PJ
SS Life Member

My preference

Sipposs Walsh Schneids
Milne Riewoldt Saad

Crocker also a possibility - him and Saad should have a decent competition for the spot going.

There's a fair amount of speculation in that line up but our forward line has been disfunctional for some time now.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.