Harvey Wants Out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sax
Club Player

Harvey Wants Out?

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Harvey Wants Out?

Headline says he wants out.

Story says he's undecided.

:?:

savatage
SS Life Member

No big deal.

If Harvey has ambition to coach at the highest level - a grounding at other clubs is in his interest.

savatage
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Headline says he wants out.

Story says he's undecided.

:?:
If I read between the lines & interpret the tone in which things have been spoken - I'd be more inclined to believe that he wants opportunity to coach elsewhere.

However, the sub editors really like to stir the pot with their unrelated attention seeking headlines.

Middo
Club Player

Oh well , maybe Swans might look at him ....

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
savatage
SS Life Member

Middo wrote:Oh well , maybe Swans might look at him ....
He didn't play that much as a full forward though.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

I have enormous respect for Harves but if he has cracked the sads for not getting to final selection stage against the calibre of assistants he was up against I would be surprised and disappointed..

Think its a bit of beat up personally and he may just feel that his longterm coaching aspirations may be better served by spreading his wings eslewhere..which they probably would be...but the press will not miss the opportunity ofr making it look like a spate...mongrels !!

All the best Harves in whatever you decide..you will always be a legend at St.Kilda and hopefully end up back at the saints in time 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
And his name's not Robert O'Harvey :P

savatage
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:
savatage wrote:
And his name's not Robert O'Harvey :P
To be sure.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Did you see the back page of the h/s today?

These softcock wankers are so desperate to sink the boots into us , when in reality the problem is that they will never ever have sex with something that resembles a human. But at least they can dream of being pounded by ed.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
savatage
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:Did you see the back page of the h/s today?
Nah I prefer toilet paper that doesn't have writing on it.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :roll:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Ok, that's fine, say thanks, you're a champ, there's the door. The club is bigger than any individual. Our success as a club will not be determined by whether he stays or goes. There are plenty of good assistants out there, let's get hunting

savatage
SS Life Member

I think it's funny how it's assumed that he's hurt by not getting the top role.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

saint patrick wrote:
I have enormous respect for Harves but if he has cracked the sads for not getting to final selection stage against the calibre of assistants he was up against I would be surprised and disappointed..

Think its a bit of beat up personally and he may just feel that his longterm coaching aspirations may be better served by spreading his wings eslewhere..which they probably would be...but the press will not miss the opportunity ofr making it look like a spate...mongrels !!

All the best Harves in whatever you decide..you will always be a legend at St.Kilda and hopefully end up back at the saints in time 8-)
Not sure how it can be a beat up when our own coach has come out and said Harvs is weighing up his future and he had to talk to him to try convince him to stay??

Just think people better start facing the reality that he will walk out on the club as sad as it is :cry: :cry:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:I think it's funny how it's assumed that he's hurt by not getting the top role.
Yeah. This has being going on since it was revealed he missed out on making the short list and I'm yet to hear or see one direct comment from Harves.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

Not sure how it can be a beat up when our own coach has come out and said Harvs is weighing up his future and he had to talk to him to try convince him to stay??

Just think people better start facing the reality that he will walk out on the club as sad as it is :cry: :cry:
Not suggesting he isn't weighing up his future..was the reason I was questioning..may'be he is just being pragmatic and knowing he needs outside experience rather than sooking because he didn't get to the final stage of consideration as a coach...thats the beat up factor right there...the media want everything to look as negative as possible when the St.Kilda footy club is involved !! :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
savatage wrote:I think it's funny how it's assumed that he's hurt by not getting the top role.
Yeah. This has being going on since it was revealed he missed out on making the short list and I'm yet to hear or see one direct comment from Harves.
Yup. Two different explanations for the the same result.

~Robert is disappointed that he didn't get the gig, and is looking for his best career opportunity within the industry.

~ Robert hates the club and is going to collingwood to teach you f****** ****s a lesson!

I guess it depends on what papers you read.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

Not suggesting he isn't weighing up his future..was the reason I was questioning..may'be he is just being pragmatic and knowing he needs outside experience rather than sooking because he didn't get to the final stage of consideration as a coach...thats the beat up factor right there...the media want everything to look as negative as possible when the St.Kilda footy club is involved !! :roll:
Correct, he would know that the reason he didn't get the job he would love was because he still needed more external experience. If he went to the Pies he would be involved with an elite club with access to everything the coaching staff could want. If I was wanting to be a senior coach I would do the same.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Brown defects from the pies....
Harley leaves cats in the lurch
Milburn leaves the State...

It could be the Subeditor that has the angst for the Saints
But the Heading could have read..

Harvey yet to decide- ( fact)
Harvey looking at all options
Harves taking time to consider.

subtle differances but that's all that is required to put a positive slant , rather than feeding the negative crocodile....

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Brown defects from the pies....
Harley leaves cats in the lurch
Milburn leaves the State...

It could be the Subeditor that has the angst for the Saints
But the Heading could have read..

Harvey yet to decide- ( fact)
Harvey looking at all options
Harves taking time to consider.

subtle differances but that's all that is required to put a positive slant , rather than feeding the negative crocodile....
Harvey likes coffee :D

sainter#4
Club Player

being perfectly honest, i dont see harves as being a great loss. our midfield got demolished in matches more often then not last year and even lead to ross having to take a more hands on roll with the midfielders(as said by ross on triple m before west coast game). That was his direct assignment.

if he cracked the sads that after 2 years as an ASSISTANT, having had no head coaching experience else were eg vfl, wafl etc then he can leave and i wont think twice.

laidley on the other hand, is a must get. knows the tactical side of the game and would love him to guide watters in both preparation and match day coaching.for those of you who remember 05 i think. we were leading by about 14 points and with 5 minutes to go he moved shannon grant forward who bagged the last 3 after doing SFA the whole day.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Robert Harvey will never be a senior head coach at AFL level. The sooner he accepts this fact, the sooner he can get on with his life.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Robert Harvey will never be a senior head coach at AFL level. The sooner he accepts this fact, the sooner he can get on with his life.
To be fair to Harves, we haven't heard his side of the story.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SA1NTER
Club Player

Robert Harvey is an absolute legend of the game and our club and a champion bloke. If he does leave us to coach elsewhere then I wish him all the best.

I don't want to see any Saints supporter giving him disrespect if he leaves, he is not a Ross Lyon type of person. He never turned his back on us for 20 odd years, and we shall return the favor, whoever he works for in a few days or weeks. Thank You Harvey, Saint for life. Don't forget it people.
Last edited by SA1NTER on Tue 18 Oct 2011 10:24pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are St. Kilda