Oh! Come On...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iremember66
Club Player

Oh! Come On...

Round 1 - new coach - learning a new gameplan - give 'em a break.

Ever thought a few players may have new roles and need a moment to gel?

1 goal the difference - could have been better, but could have been much worse - let's see how they respond... These blokes have pride.

Been a long summer for some Saintsationals me thinks...

(Haters gonna hate)...

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Oh! Come On...

Where do you draw the line though? This team came 16th on the ladder last year. Do we have to lose to Gold Coast or GWS before we put away the excuses and admit there might be a serious problem?

We should not have lost that game. AAMI, Umpires, Wangaratta, new coach... don't want to hear it. We should not have lost to Port Adelaide.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
andrewg
Club Player

yep dissapointed ledger didnt player was mentioned in press conference so hopfully he will play next week. if we lose next week then the haterade will be going down very well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

With you on this one.

Massive overeaction.

So it will get a little worse before it's better.

It's not that the problems haven't been owned, perhaps tonight was about the fact they have been owned for the first time in awhile.

I reckon I've seen heaps of tinkering evident tonight.

Before anyone says selection was the same old, I also believe Ray/Polo and perhaps Peake wouldn't of played if Schneider, Ledger and Gram were fit.

Oh, and even give Port a chance v the Bombers

Buckets
SS Life Member

battye wrote:Where do you draw the line though? This team came 16th on the ladder last year. Do we have to lose to Gold Coast or GWS before we put away the excuses and admit there might be a serious problem?

We should not have lost that game. AAMI, Umpires, Wangaratta, new coach... don't want to hear it. We should not have lost to Port Adelaide.
They may have been bad last year, but does that mean they are going to be as bad this year?

New year, new players. First game in front of their supporters.

Hell Adelaide won their first last year against Hawthorn. Ended horribly for the Hawks didnt it!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Buckets wrote:
battye wrote:Where do you draw the line though? This team came 16th on the ladder last year. Do we have to lose to Gold Coast or GWS before we put away the excuses and admit there might be a serious problem?

They may have been bad last year, but does that mean they are going to be as bad this year?

New year, new players. First game in front of their supporters.

Hell Adelaide won their first last year against Hawthorn. Ended horribly for the Hawks didnt it!
Thanks for that. I was looking for an anomaly from last season but that one must have slipped through the keeper - great point and good post.

Season 2012 is not over. We have til round seven. 5-2 or better and we go for it. 3-4 or 4-3 and we have to make a judgment call like we did last year. 2-5 or worse and its time to play the kids.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

What about every team that was beaten by the WCEs?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

we lost to the wooden spooner. they had gray and trengove out.
so we just arent going to be top 8.
no chance.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We lost to a terrible side but worst of all that game was so far behind just about every other game played this weekend. RL knew we were slow and maybe even knew footy had changed again. Slow unskilled sides even with the best structures arwe finished. there is no over action. If anything people making excuses are undereacting.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:We lost to a terrible side but worst of all that game was so far behind just about every other game played this weekend. RL knew we were slow and maybe even knew footy had changed again. Slow unskilled sides even with the best structures arwe finished. there is no over action. If anything people making excuses are undereacting.

So Rd 1 of this year makes Port terrible? Gee wonder what u thought about WCE last year!

Oh and if RL knew we were so slow and unskilled it makes him less of a coach by deciding to leave for a more prepared side then going for the tough job!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We lost to a terrible side but worst of all that game was so far behind just about every other game played this weekend. RL knew we were slow and maybe even knew footy had changed again. Slow unskilled sides even with the best structures arwe finished. there is no over action. If anything people making excuses are undereacting.

So Rd 1 of this year makes Port terrible? Gee wonder what u thought about WCE last year!

Oh and if RL knew we were so slow and unskilled it makes him less of a coach by deciding to leave for a more prepared side then going for the tough job!

Sorry but to me it makes him a career coach. If he stayed with us there may be no career and as I said our game was the chalk to nearly every other games cheese. And IMO that is fact.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Buckets wrote:

Sorry but to me it makes him a career coach. If he stayed with us there may be no career and as I said our game was the chalk to nearly every other games cheese. And IMO that is fact.

Well Plugger I have to disagree with you. IMO it makes him look like half of the coach he is made out to be. Looks for the easiest route to a flag. God help Freo when he is done there because they will end up worse off!
And if our game was so off then I hold Lyon responsible for the mess he left. No forward planning, no thought for the future, just the here and now. And he couldn't be bothered trying for the future.

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

With all the free (stupid) kicks & 5 fifities we gave away, what chance have we got...................