Gilbo and the Gold Coast coaches

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Calais
Club Player

Gilbo and the Gold Coast coaches

Did anyone catch Gilbert Having a one on one chat with with Bluey Mckenna and the other GC coaches after the game?
Sorry for my ignorance but has he signed with us yet? I just found it weird to see them engaging in what looked like to be a private conversation on the boundary line. I zoomed in and took a photo but it isn't tr best of quality. I'll post it now.

I'm reading too much into things aren't I?

defacto
Club Player

Re: Gilbo and the Gold Coast coaches

wouldnt be too bad if he did go. would be a great fit for the gold coast. as long as we get a first rounder i am happy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:wouldnt be too bad if he did go. would be a great fit for the gold coast. as long as we get a first rounder i am happy.
Absolutely dreaming, be lucky to get a 3rd rounder...

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Straight swap for Caddy who wants to come home

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Yep & maybe archer for lynch... Raph for swallow... Kosi for o'meara

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

not this again.
2 years ago he was a certainty for gc.
then last year he was a certainty for gws.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

what is known is he knows some of the staff

Andy Lovell
Assistant Coach

Andrew Weller
Sports Science and Rehabilitation Manager
Last edited by saintbrat on Mon 09 Apr 2012 1:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:what is know is he know some of the staff

Andy Lovell
Assistant Coach

Andrew Weller
Sports Science and Rehabilitation Manager
Well said :D

Gilbo looks like he is getting back to his best for me. He is one sided and makes a few mistakes but defenders are under more pressure than ever before. No one has time or space and they rely on spread. I don't se why everyone wants him gone. Maybe we should sack the backline and just have forwards and make the anti lyon gameplan.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Gilbo looks like he is getting back to his best for me. He is one sided and makes a few mistakes but defenders are under more pressure than ever before. No one has time or space and they rely on spread. I don't se why everyone wants him gone. Maybe we should sack the backline and just have forwards and make the anti lyon gameplan.
I like the way he takes the game on. If there was a medal for the most out on the fulls, he would be odds on to win it. :)

Looks certain to go if he spoke to one of their coaches. We need to get a first rounder for him. He is a star and worth at least a first rounder and GC should be gone for poaching.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looks certain to go if he spoke to one of their coaches. We need to get a first rounder for him. He is a star and worth at least a first rounder and GC should be gone for poaching.

the irony with GC and GWS is that they will have more poachable talent than anyone over the next few years. Remember early Freo lost all their best talent elsewhere and struggled to be competitive themselves.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Worse still did anybody see bj put on the GWS cap after the game and I am sure he was Skyping Sheedy on his iPhone as he walked down the race.....

doesn't mean much could it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Worse still did anybody see bj put on the GWS cap after the game and I am sure he was Skyping Sheedy on his iPhone as he walked down the race.....

Means nothing. His sister is Kevin Sheedys daughter in law. He was just telling Sheeds he is going to be a grandfather. And the cap was BJ golf cap. he was going to play a night game at Yarra straight after the footy.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Worse still did anybody see bj put on the GWS cap after the game and I am sure he was Skyping Sheedy on his iPhone as he walked down the race.....

Means nothing. His sister is Kevin Sheedys daughter in law. He was just telling Sheeds he is going to be a grandfather. And the cap was BJ golf cap. he was going to play a night game at Yarra straight after the footy.

Ahh thanks Plugger, but what explains the Blacktown Real Estate guide i saw him reading at the cafe in St.Kilda this morning?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Ahh thanks Plugger, but what explains the Blacktown Real Estate guide i saw him reading at the cafe in St.Kilda this morning?

Dont tell me you havent brought property in the best suburb in Australia.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 09 Apr 2012 8:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
gringo wrote:Gilbo looks like he is getting back to his best for me. He is one sided and makes a few mistakes but defenders are under more pressure than ever before. No one has time or space and they rely on spread. I don't se why everyone wants him gone. Maybe we should sack the backline and just have forwards and make the anti lyon gameplan.
I like the way he takes the game on. If there was a medal for the most out on the fulls, he would be odds on to win it. :)
Rodan might challenge that..he had 2 in a row against the Bummers

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious replies In this thread ..... Side splitting stuff really

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hilarious replies In this thread ..... Side splitting stuff really

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

as long as we get a first rounder i am happy
Let's not sell him short. He's a bloody good player when he's up and running and is showing signs of getting back to his best after a forgettable 2011.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Hilarious replies In this thread ..... Side splitting stuff really

Thanks for the input.

Sorry we didn't meet your lofty standards.

Lance or James??

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote:
Let's not sell him short. He's a bloody good player when he's up and running and is showing signs of getting back to his best after a forgettable 2011.
I especially think it would help if everyone got off his back about his kicking. He seems to have little confidence in it and it seems to be getting him down, which is not good for his footy in general. During the Collingwood praccy match for instance I could hear some in the crowd giving it to him about it, which he would have heard and I really think it makes things worse rather than better.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:Hilarious replies In this thread ..... Side splitting stuff really

Thanks for the input.

Sorry we didn't meet your lofty standards.
It's school holidays he needs something to do, start a discussion on Bally or Lovett, that might do it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
I especially think it would help if everyone got off his back about his kicking. He seems to have little confidence in it and it seems to be getting him down, which is not good for his footy in general. During the Collingwood praccy match for instance I could hear some in the crowd giving it to him about it, which he would have heard and I really think it makes things worse rather than better.

Yes, his kicking lets him down at times but that could be said of many, including the skipper. At least it is something that can be worked on.

His form was key to our 2009-2010 campaigns where at times he was impassable at half back.

If he can reach those heights again and a few other things go right, we could sneak up on the more fancied contenders later in the year

Thats how highly I rate Gilbert

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I especially think it would help if everyone got off his back about his kicking.
I especially think that it would help if he actually improved his kicking then everyone would get off his back about his kicking.
People are only on his back because his kicking lets himself and the side down far too often.