Cripps??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Cripps??

Interseting

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps??

Looked much better that Newnes. In fairness to Newnes, he's only a kid and will get better - but against a better opposition he looked a bit at sea. Cripps was over-enthusiastic at first, but looked pretty composed and skillful in the short time he was on the ground. Perhaps should have been subbed in earlier when it was obvious Newnes wasn't having much luck.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
saintgee
Club Player

fairly ordinary IMO

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Good spelling......

What I'm trying to say is he's soft..... As I said last year, watching him against frankston for Sandy, he pulled out.... I got belted for making that comment, and he was injured or seemingly so, almost every contest....

On tonights viewing..... His attack on the contest is not good enough.... He needs to harden up at Sandy before even being considered....

If his best attribute is coming on at 3qtr time and running fwd of the ball to get a 'joe the goose' it ain't enough... Not sure how's he's getting a game???

I know he's only young, but attacking the footy doesnt require a birth certificate.... It's an attitude. Hope he finds the right attitude, one things for sure..... We have a number of players in the twos who don't hesitate...

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Very ordinary. Had fresh legs when first put in and got a bit early, but faded completely. You'd want a sub put on in the last quarter to last the quarter.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Kidding yeah, he was the freshest man on the ground..... Used his run to get on the end of the play.... Got two uncontested possessions in front pf goal and lost 3 one on one contests around the ground...

Young Newnes looked a bit off the pace, but at least competed.... I think he has a future.....

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Good night for Ledger tonight I would've thought

Nee!
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

He's quick, and we don't have a lot of that. He injected something, but was over-hyped and rushed. Looks an 'outside' player as they used to say....so not getting into contests. Maybe the coaches want him gliding by. Will be interesting to see if they can develop him.

saintgee
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Good night for Ledger tonight I would've thought
agree entirely

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

saintgee wrote:
fugazi wrote:Good night for Ledger tonight I would've thought
agree entirely

Wouldn't mind seeing that kid with the most devastating left foot the club has ever had also in the side...oh right ,team balance, we need 16 guys in there that turn the ball over at will when kicking inside 50

Bring back the Lockett era
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

He must be going better than Ledger.

Hopefully does enough to come in next week. Newnes has had a taste but has lacked composure when the heat's been on. Could've have done with a bit ot of nouse (ie Schneider)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Must training well????

One thing I know

Arryn Siposs doesn't dog a contest, and lack composure.... For one

I know that's hard on the lad, but he gets paid to play footy, he's a professional, trains everyday and when faced with his turn, he is not full committed to winning the ball, something he needs to understand.... It's a non negotiable...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Needs more time on the ground, this 'super sub' thing is (a) getting old (b) potentially holding up his development.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Must training well????

One thing I know

I know that's hard on the lad, but he gets paid to play footy, he's a professional, trains everyday and when faced with his turn, he is not full committed to winning the ball, something he needs to understand.... It's a non negotiable...

So Cripps dogs contests. pathetic thing to say IMO of course.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Must training well????

One thing I know

Did he dog one tonight?

Pretty cheap to berate the performance of a sub... They get very little opportunity to perform. Regardless I thought Cripps had an impact.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just doesn't go hard enough, sorry..... Just the way it is..... Of course you can differ, but you know I've bought this up before...

Does not win contested footy..... And I'm yet to see a glimpse of quality from him..... hope he improves

Love to be proven wrong, but ATM he looks nowhere near it.... Seen less of young ledger, he hunts the footy...

And what's the sub go to do with it, he should be fresher and able to impact more contests against blokes who have played 90 mins..... watched him play a 10 or so games now, to put it simply, he needs to HTFU....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Just doesn't go hard enough, sorry..... Just the way it is..... Of course you can differ, but you know I've bought this up before...

Does not win contested footy..... And I'm yet to see a glimpse of quality from him..... hope he improves

Love to be proven wrong, but ATM he looks nowhere near it.... Seen less of young ledger, he hunts the footy...

And what's the sub go to do with it, he should be fresher and able to impact more contests against blokes who have played 90 mins..... watched him play a 10 or so games now, to put it simply, he needs to HTFU....

You said he dogs it. To me that is a pathetice thing to say about any AFL footballer.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why.... Do you think it's never happened??

It is fair and just criticism of a paid footballer..... Do they escape critique....

Did not pull out tonight, just not hard enough at it on the HBF and in the FP when it was his turn....... I think he has been 'gifted games' as you call it, without actually demonstrating a good performance in prac games, at sandy or at STK......has he played a good game whilst at stk since he arrived?.....ie/ more than 20 touches... Not from my memory
As I said, he must train well.....

Which attribute or performance stands out???

He did hesitate, pull out, dog it..or..however you want to describe it last year twice, right in front of me, can be a confidence thing..... Like with Fiora, or just not a natural instinct to put your face over the pill.....

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope he gets on top of this......either by getting confidence in his body, or coaching or experience or whatever..... Because we need him to eventuate......

Otherwise our First Rounders from 2003-2011 look a bit weak.....not that that is the be all and end all, but these days they should be blue chip investments....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Just doesn't go hard enough, sorry..... Just the way it is..... Of course you can differ, but you know I've bought this up before...

You said he dogs it. To me that is a pathetice thing to say about any AFL footballer.
I agree with Mart

Cripps is super outside and from an spectators point of view goes out of his way to avoid contact

Yes he is young and is still developing but he won't last if he continues to showcase this trait of avoiding body on body hard ball contests

Just an observation - some may not agree but to me it stands out like a Staffordshire bull terriers testicles

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why.... Do you think it's never happened??

It is fair and just criticism of a paid footballer..... Do they escape critique....

Did not pull out tonight, just not hard enough at it on the HBF and in the FP when it was his turn....... I think he has been 'gifted games' as you call it, without actually demonstrating a good performance in prac games, at sandy or at STK......has he played a good game whilst at stk since he arrived?.....ie/ more than 20 touches... Not from my memory

He did hesitate, pull out, dog it..or..however you want to describe it last year twice, right in front of me, can be a confidence thing..... Like with Fiora, or just not a natural instinct to put your face over the pill.....

Sorry but again I say no AFL player dogs it and IMO is a terrible thing to say about any player. He doesnt go in as hard as some but he is new to the game and still learning and growing. I would be waiting a bit longer to put that tag on any player from any side. I have a feeling you had it in for him from the start because you couldnt find his photo and that has upset you. Anyway you make your judgements on 8 games and I will wait. I have a feeling that people who make calls early like dogging it maybe gogs themselves. Woof Woof.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cripps lacks composure which should come with maturity.

His first rushed shot at goal was rubbish. He took half a step rather than 2 or 3 (he had time and space) and kicked a point.

The goal he kicked 10 meters out he nearly stuffed up by thinking about the handball which was never on.

He needs to watch plently of video of NDS play, to see how a good play creates space to give time
To steady before kicking.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Nearly back to his super-sub best, has a real knack for goals when coming on as a sub. Needs to build some form & confidence in the 2's if gram or Schnieder are ready...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Why.... Do you think it's never happened??

Sorry but again I say no AFL player dogs it and IMO is a terrible thing to say about any player. He doesnt go in as hard as some but he is new to the game and still learning and growing. I would be waiting a bit longer to put that tag on any player from any side. I have a feeling you had it in for him from the start because you couldnt find his photo and that has upset you. Anyway you make your judgements on 8 games and I will wait. I have a feeling that people who make calls early like dogging it maybe gogs themselves. Woof Woof.

Yep all comes down to the photo.. Or a lack there of. BM I remember Lu were making calls on Cripps before you had even seen his face. 8 games must feel like a career in comparison.