Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Goddard

I thought he was poor tonight - not just his game where he fumbled and looked slow but also his attitude. He was suckedin big time and any opposition side would know this. Do future prospective captains allow themselves to be got at like this?

Yes he is targeted, so too is Dal (Dal EVERY week is targeted) and Dalw worked through it well tonight, I actually reckon Goddard so far this season has been just ok.....not the big performances we saw in years past...

Time to kick it up a gear for a player who is often lauded so high in the comp.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Goddard

I love BJ but he is a bit overated at the moment. At the minute, he's only a good player and not a great player.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 29 Apr 2012 1:17am, edited 1 time in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I thought he was poor tonight - not just his game where he fumbled and looked slow but also his attitude. He was suckedin big time and any opposition side would know this. Do future prospective captains allow themselves to be got at like this?

Yes he is targeted, so too is Dal (Dal EVERY week is targeted) and Dalw worked through it well tonight, I actually reckon Goddard so far this season has been just ok.....not the big performances we saw in years past...

Time to kick it up a gear for a player who is often lauded so high in the comp.
not the same player when he can't freewheel....valuable to us when he can play the game his way...not worth a mill a year though.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
battye
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I love BJ but he is a bit overated at the moment. He's only a good player and not a great player.
He is a great player. He had an average game.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Looks really slow at the moment. I mean really slow. We need to get him by himself somehow.

Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
SaintPav wrote:I love BJ but he is a bit overated at the moment. He's only a good player and not a great player.
He is a great player. He had an average game.
I hope YOU are right..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Richter
SS Life Member

Let's face it he was awful by his standards tonight. But hell, that's the first actually bad game he's played in a number of years, so he's got the odd credit in the bank! He's the sort of guy that oppo fans love to see brought down a peg or two. Rooey is the same. Hopefully though he is well respected around the club, as I love the passion the guy brings and for that reason I back him for the next captain. I notice he's been doing a fair bit of media recently so I reckon the club are probably thinking the same.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:. He was suckedin big time and any opposition side would know this. .
Agree...he was sucked in big time tonight and just wanted to fight and wrestle. Neels would have been delighted.

It was only in the last when he was banished to the forward line that he looked better.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Let's face it he was awful by his standards tonight. But hell, that's the first actually bad game he's played in a number of years, so he's got the odd credit in the bank! He's the sort of guy that oppo fans love to see brought down a peg or two. Rooey is the same. Hopefully though he is well respected around the club, as I love the passion the guy brings and for that reason I back him for the next captain. I notice he's been doing a fair bit of media recently so I reckon the club are probably thinking the same.
Richter I love him too, but were you in a coma for the first 6 to 8 rounds of last year?

Had a shocker..... It happens

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

tonights game is why i carn't understand another team would want to pay big money for him .
He is a better than average player yet when he is tagged , he is average at best .
It was a good move by watters to put him forward in the last quarter as he was getting killed in the middle and his poor disposals were hurting us .

In red white and black from 73
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Had a shocker..... It happens

wasn't effective against freo either , got most of his disposals deep in defense .

In red white and black from 73
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

He had a bad night, it happens. Goddard's more than a great player for mine. Some protection from the umpires from that arse clown tonight would have helped.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
bergsone
SS Life Member

He along with Monty,Gilbert were very ordinary tonight imo

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Must have missed the 2009/2010 seasons guys.... And has played a couple of very good games this season....

He is a gun
anyone who thinks otherwise has a bit to learn.... He was really poor tonight.

bergsone
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Had a shocker..... It happens
Agree

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

As disappointing as his lack of disposals was tonight, what he did with his kicks was even more disappointing. I saw him do a horrible left foot kick to end their warm up, just in front of us, before the game and he took that kicking into the game, doing some of the worst kicks he's done in his career. Just a stinker of a game by his standards, like Rooey (for most of it) and Gilbo (who apparently had two possies to 3/4 time :shock: and is actually getting worse by the week).

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Yes, not a good game last night, but i thought that he was "scragged" all night. A few early free kicks would have helped.
At the speed and intensity of today's footy, it's hard to be on top every week, for the entire 22 weeks or so. Stars do come good, as was shown by the Wood's Dane Swan.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He should have been moved to the forward line, where the consequences of a tag whacking him, and being caught, are more severe. It would appear that self control is not part of his make up. Of course, it is easy to sit in the stands and watch someone being whacked and to tell him from afar that he should not retaliate. But, that is what is required of very good players who wear the tag. Perhaps Hawthorn will be easier on him next week.

I have never seen the wisdom of mutual elbow whacking to the guts between players. All that happens is that you run the risk of a slight over whack and give away a free or spent a week or two on the sidelines.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 29 Apr 2012 10:19am, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Must have missed the 2009/2010 seasons guys.... And has played a couple of very good games this season....

He is a gun
anyone who thinks otherwise has a bit to learn.... He was really poor tonight.
Can't see where anyone has suggested he is no good. He is a gun. That's probably why when he has a poor game like last night, and the first part of last season , it stands out, and people comment.

He has proven his status in the game on the biggest stage more than once. He did look slow last night, but I bet he plays a blinder against the Hawks next week.

Club Player

He looked out of sorts in the conditions, the exact opposite to Armo who revelled in the wet going.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Judd had a bad game as well, he must be s*** as well.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

HE never plays well in the wet - he is one of those players you could nearly rest for a wet game. To slow and not that good below his knees.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Not a lot of difference between Jordie McKenzie's game and Ryan Cowley's on Friday night. Never wqatched the ball scragged punched didn't get free kicked. We excuse Judd and get stuck into Cowley, yet excuse McKenzie and get stuck into Goddard. How does that work?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can't keep a good man down.