Montagna rubbed out for 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WCFCHobart
Club Player

Montagna rubbed out for 2

Leigh Montagna 2 matches striking J Magner, due to poor record, from @AFL_PKeane

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Montagna rubbed out for 2

Thought he may be in trouble. Need to look at it again though.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Farout, I thought it looked accidental…

The plenty that have been asking for him to be dropped will be pleased no doubt.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Selwood cleared, of course…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Farout, I thought it looked accidental…

Plenty have been asking for him to be dropped will be pleased no doubt.

Well if it is accidental they will challenge as he cant get anymore weeks. And if it accidental and we have smart people in charge he will get off. If he doesnt we either have dumb people helping our club or he is guilty.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

My first reaction was it was accidental. Gonna be a big loss and I'm sure the Hawks will be happy. Who comes in for him? We need a like for like.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Selwood cleared, of course…

FFS. Typical of the AFL's special rules policy

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:My first reaction was it was accidental. Gonna be a big loss and I'm sure the Hawks will be happy. Who comes in for him? We need a like for like.
Ledger?

Sainter for life.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:

Have you seen it? It certainly wasnt forceful enough to get weeks but lets go with the special rules policy. It makes sense. Anyway what this has to do with Joey is beyond me.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Selwood cleared and Monty charged. Mind = blown

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

He's not having a good year so far is he.

PJ
SS Life Member

I would have thought Sipposs

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:My first reaction was it was accidental. Gonna be a big loss and I'm sure the Hawks will be happy. Who comes in for him? We need a like for like.
Ledger?
Seems logical. Or Polo starts as a midfield rotation and Siposs comes in as sub.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Have you seen it? It certainly wasnt forceful enough to get weeks but lets go with the special rules policy. It makes sense. Anyway what this has to do with Joey is beyond me.
The Montagna one was called an accident on TV. Selwood gets the benefit of the doubt, our bloke doesn't. It's an anti-St Kilda conspiracy Plugger and you know it. :P

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Anyway what this has to do with Joey is beyond me.
Well it's a reference point…
One is a clear strike off the ball - impact debatable? The retaliation copped 3 weeks :shock:

The other was from a wrestle, then Montagna fell onto Magner, did he mean to strike him and open up his face?

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

MRP Report:
"Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of one match suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 10 per cent to 247.50 points. He also has 64.06 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 311.56 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 233.67 points and a two-match sanction."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Anyway what this has to do with Joey is beyond me.
Well it's a reference point…
One is a clear strike off the ball - impact debatable? The retaliation copped 3 weeks :shock:

The other was from a wrestle, then Montagna fell onto Magner, did he mean to strike him and open up his face?

Well they challenge and win if you are right. Joey certainly has had a few accidents in the last few years. Same as Kosi. Makes you wonder how the same players from our club get picked on.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

It's very disappointing. It looked accidental to me. If the penalty cannot be increased, it is worthy of a challenge.

A replacement - Sipposs for me, as he is such a great kick, which we will need against the Hawks and Carlton the following week (Ledger next option).

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

selwood seriously cleared and joey 2?

F*** me.

jays
Club Player

this is crap

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Well they challenge and win if you are right. Joey certainly has had a few accidents in the last few years. Same as Kosi. Makes you wonder how the same players from our club get picked on.
True… though young J. Selwood had a very similar incident last year too, didn't seem to contribute to his judgement for this one.

Do you not think that different players get different treatment?

Judd opened up Pav's face with an elbow, like Joey did, remember that one? It was a Brownlow year…

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Well they challenge and win if you are right. Joey certainly has had a few accidents in the last few years. Same as Kosi. Makes you wonder how the same players from our club get picked on.
True… though young J. Selwood had a very similar incident last year too, didn't seem to contribute to his judgement for this one.

Do you not think that different players get different treatment?

Judd opened up Pav's face with an elbow, like Joey did, remember that one? It was a Brownlow year…

Yep should have been suspended but again that has nothing to do with Joey. I may be different to others but I only care about how our players go. Couldnt give a stuff about others unless we play them. As I said he will get off if they prove it was an accident.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Just about given up on this farce we call the AFL. I love the game, and the club, but this political, money making, sanitized BS that gets spewed out every week is just about enough for me.

Firstly, there is nothing in this incident. Yes, Magner got a scratch on the face, but boo hoo. 2 guys were pushing and shoving at a stoppage, Magner went to ground, Montagna held on and went with him.

Secondly, this crap about taking into account the medical report is getting really boring. Essentially, people are getting less suspension for infringing on tougher opponents (exhibit 1: Simpkin 1 week (stands his ground) vs Ballantyne 3 weeks (drops like a bag of the proverbial) from similar action and force, Exhibit 2: Roo getting hit high vs North Melbourne last year, got up, pushed trainer away, therefore no medical evidence)

Thirdly, lets all remember why Joey has a bad record. He went and slightly bumped Curnow after he injured his shoulder. He was expected to know Curnow was injured.

I'm just about ready to pack it in with the AFL, and put my money and effort into cheering for Sandy.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

can someone post a you tube link of the incident please?

I've just deleted the Melbourne game!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Viking3
Club Player

Just said the exact same thing to my wife St Chris. Told her that I wished I didn't love the game so much as the AFL is fu**ked!

Seriously, how can they judge the the impact level from grainy vision. Just because one guy (or girl) goes down and one doesn't , doesn't reveal the level of impact.

As for Monty, Magner pulled him down on top of him. How is that reckless on Monty's part? :shock:

The sooner we see the back of Demetriou, Anderson and Gieschen, the sooner we might get a better, fairer game and hopefully people who have a feel for it.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.