New Boys

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

New Boys

Saad will be exciting, great goal and would love to see him start
Milera desperately needs 3 more kilos for those contests but cool under pressure
Siposs....hate to say it, but was soft at just about every contest
Simpkin....terrific, hard at it quick and good judgement

Nee!
noob
Club Player

Re: New Boys

Agree all on all points.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

All very promising. Milera is already great.

Siposs needs to go in harder. Watch Hayes, do what Hayes does.

Saad, skillful.

Simpkin. Very good.

ALL OF THEM SHOULD PLAY NEXT WEEK!

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
defacto
Club Player

siposs was absolutely woefull. very very disapointing. he did absolutely nothing right tonight. he was a liability we just couldnt cover or carry. why he got a game i am not sure, but hes going back to the vfl just as quick as he came.

couldnt out mark mitchell. couldnt out run talls. went to ground. couldnt lay a tackle. didnt put his head over the pill, when he did he shat himself and tapped it straight to a hawks players. didnt run hard enough.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Siposs showed absolutely nothing, Simpkin did a great job, Milera is flashy but needs to build up the body- too easily knocked off the ball, Saad should be played instead of Milne, who needs to hang up the boots from what I've seen so far this season. I reckon Wilkes will be played down back now Fish and Ben are out for a while.

andrewg
Club Player

Great reality check for Sipo. He has had some very good games for sandy and in his mind would have thought he was ready but he has allot to learn. I am confident he will learn quickly though. Thought he over thought too many situations. He should just kick long. He reminded me a lot of BJ in his first couple of years.

doggerel
Club Player

Siposs showed his class with a searing left foot pass out of congestion on to the chest of someone on half forward, sometime in the 2nd quarter that directly led to a goal. He had another moment in the 4th qtr, so to say he showed "absolutely nothing" is wrong. Overall he did have a poor game, but we know he has some class. He needs some games in the 1s to improve.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Saad will be exciting, great goal and would love to see him start
Milera desperately needs 3 more kilos for those contests but cool under pressure
Siposs....hate to say it, but was soft at just about every contest
the only problem is that between them these three had 25 touches. (though saad only played half a game.) they had minimal influence on the game, along with milne, stanley and armo. too many passengers, and because dal and joey only had 31 touches between them we just couldn't cover them.

i think they'll all be players, but not more than two in the side at once.
fugazi wrote:Simpkin....terrific, hard at it quick and good judgement
yeah, i really like this kid.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What a strange comment

Watch Hayes and do what he does......

Hayes is a champion because he does that, if it were that simple everyone could be like Lenny....

Maybe I should watch Dave Warner and do what he does...

Tommy was good one out, but slow with the ball, and needs to go third up when he can...... He crucified Dempster by not giving him a chop out.... As Blake has done for zac 09-11

Arryn was awful unfortunately. Not even competative.

Saad, provided a bit of spark

Milera....did some nice things, but not enough footy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

agree on all.
massive reality check for siposs and saintsational posters (who seem to love him).
hes not tall enough for kpp and too slow to play anywhere else. only 19 so no panic. but hes no messiah.
also has some show pony tendencies (e.g on the odd time he gets a kick he holds on to it for ages with no urgency as if to say look at me look at me). jury is out. he has a loong way to go.

defacto
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:agree on all.
massive reality check for siposs and saintsational posters (who seem to love him).
hes not tall enough for kpp and too slow to play anywhere else. only 19 so no panic. but hes no messiah.
also has some show pony tendencies (e.g on the odd time he gets a kick he holds on to it for ages with no urgency as if to say look at me look at me). jury is out. he has a loong way to go.
quality post. i think your spot on.

the reality check will do him a world of good. still dont know how he got a call up.

philtee
Club Player

I did like the Sipposs hit on Franklin in the last qtr. Lance had played a few tricks, got past two Saints and was ready to
do a trademark run down the MCC wing. Sipposs had to grit his teeth and say "Thou shalt not pass" and put his body on
the line. BANG! Well done Hammer, er...Sippa.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

philtee wrote:I did like the Sipposs hit on Franklin in the last qtr. Lance had played a few tricks, got past two Saints and was ready to
do a trademark run down the MCC wing. Sipposs had to grit his teeth and say "Thou shalt not pass" and put his body on
Think it was actually Simpkin.

philtee wrote:I did like the Sipposs hit on Franklin in the last qtr. Lance had played a few tricks, got past two Saints and was ready to
that was simpkin

saber
Club Player

I thought that was Simpkin who laid the hit on Franklin...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Think it was actually Simpkin.
it was.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
philtee
Club Player

Oops. Go Simpkin !