Well done Robbo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Well done Robbo

On 360 tonight they were all carrying on saying how good Dale Thomas was to dob in the racist fan. Well done Collingwood they said. Then Robbo piped in and said how hypocritical they were with the Malthouse/Milne and how they just wiped it under the carpet. He said well done Daisy but as for Collingwood Pleaseeeeeeeeeee !

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well done Robbo

We can only imagine what Heddie will have to say in response to Robbo !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good on Thomas (who I think is a decent bloke and a great footballer) one can only hope that this example will be followed by others.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Good on Thomas (who I think is a decent bloke and a great footballer) one can only hope that this example will be followed by others.

Hopefully spectators. Some of the crap you hear at footy is disgusting.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Good on Thomas (who I think is a decent bloke and a great footballer) one can only hope that this example will be followed by others.

I have a good old time yelling at Nick Maxwell because I am immature.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

yes - and Saints supporters shouldn't get too much on their high horse. I heard A Saints supporter calling Eddie betts and Yarran "petrol sniffers" at the Blues game last year.

It was under the blokes breath but I heard it and was pretty disgusted.

Kudo's to the Collingwood supporters who also helped identify this fkn halfwit. The club has come a long way since the Nicky Winmar incident and they should be congratulated in this case.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:On 360 tonight they were all carrying on saying how good Dale Thomas was to dob in the racist fan. Well done Collingwood they said. Then Robbo piped in and said how hypocritical they were with the Malthouse/Milne and how they just wiped it under the carpet. He said well done Daisy but as for Collingwood Pleaseeeeeeeeeee !
pointed this out via sms to a radio station this afternoon- about 'other than Racial' vilification- and when will players take that on board too.

so glad Robbo has ..
Last edited by saintbrat on Wed 06 Jun 2012 10:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good onya Joffa boy! Good to give credit when its due! Onya!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Good onya Joffa boy! Good to give credit when its due! Onya!

Well the Pies were wrong in the Milne/Malthouse case but are correct on this one.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Good onya Joffa boy! Good to give credit when its due! Onya!

Well the Pies were wrong in the Milne/Malthouse case but are correct on this one.
What Daisy has started can be good for the game if, and I mean IF the AFL take over. Otherwise it will be forgotten pretty quickly !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

I always knew you had an ethical bent Joffa... :D

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

What Daisy has started can be good for the game if, and I mean IF the AFL take over. Otherwise it will be forgotten pretty quickly !!
Demetriou on AW said he wanted self regulation. Thought the fans could deal with it (which is fairly true).

He was called a wog and dim-sim in his playing days but it didn't bother him. I reckon "wog" isn't really racist - unlike what aboriginals have been called.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Eastern wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Demetriou on AW said he wanted self regulation. Thought the fans could deal with it (which is fairly true).

He was called a wog and dim-sim in his playing days but it didn't bother him. I reckon "wog" isn't really racist - unlike what aboriginals have been called.

Wog is racist if an Italian or Greek thinks it is racist.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

AS decent as what Daisy did was - he didn't really do much in comparison to the hype surrounding it. Anyone would think by the papers screaming headlines that he had just saved mankind. The supporters at the game were the ones that identified the person in question and were able to single him out. All Daisy did was corroborate about 20 other ppl's version of events. Certainly not rubbishing Daisy for what he did, but the real heroes were the supporters surrounding the half wit, not the footballer on the ground.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:AS decent as what Daisy did was - he didn't really do much in comparison to the hype surrounding it. Anyone would think by the papers screaming headlines that he had just saved mankind. The supporters at the game were the ones that identified the person in question and were able to single him out. All Daisy did was corroborate about 20 other ppl's version of events. Certainly not rubbishing Daisy for what he did, but the real heroes were the supporters surrounding the half wit, not the footballer on the ground.

did I also see something about Security etc now being encouraged to be more " active" in response to supporter- attendees concerns?

something that is regularly mentioned by supporters- no active response from security.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The racism that got swept under the carpet, was Ed referring to Western Sydney as falafel land.

Glad Kevin Sheedy reminded everyone that he'll be reminding Ed when Pies travel up there.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Demetriou on AW said he wanted self regulation. Thought the fans could deal with it (which is fairly true).

Just because "wog" has become part of Aussie popular culture and is part of the venacular, does not mean that it isn't racist.

Rule of thumb: whenever you try and make someone sound feel inferior or try and diffirentiate someone based on their ethnic background, it's racist..

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
saintspremiers wrote: Demetriou on AW said he wanted self regulation. Thought the fans could deal with it (which is fairly true).

Just because "wog" has become part of Aussie popular culture and is part of the venacular, does not mean that it isn't racist.

Rule of thumb: whenever you try and make someone sound feel inferior or try and diffirentiate someone based on their ethnic background, it's racist..

It's a bit like any re appropriated term, if the person saying it uses the term it can be a way to water down it's negative meaning. It isn't a good look for outsiders to use it because of it's historical implications. Hip hop culture uses the term n$##%@ as a way of taking away the derogatory meaning. Doesn't mean a white man from Melbourne should start using it. Same with queer, wog etc.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

It's a bit like any re appropriated term, if the person saying it uses the term it can be a way to water down it's negative meaning. It isn't a good look for outsiders to use it because of it's historical implications. Hip hop culture uses the term n$##%@ as a way of taking away the derogatory meaning. Doesn't mean a white man from Melbourne should start using it. Same with queer, wog etc.
Disagree. You guys are getting overly PC and can't see the difference here.

I mean FFS we've had a show called "Wogs out of Work" a few years back.

It worries me if ppl can't find the right balance.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
gringo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Disagree. You guys are getting overly PC and can't see the difference here.

I think are the one who doesnt get it. That was a comedy and was known to be a comedy put on by greeks and Italians. If you say wog an an angry way then it is racist. Plain and simple.

Rosco
Club Player

My grandma used to say she had "a wog" as a term for having a cold. Was pretty funny.

But racist if she used it the other way.

Gwilt Edged
Club Player

"Wog" short for "golliwog"

It's one thing to adopt the label - ironic or not - and another to apply it

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Gwilt Edged wrote:"Wog" short for "golliwog"
Is is really?

Never knew that. Mind you I never really thought about it, but interesting to see where terms originate, helps to understand how the term came to be be offfensive originally?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Disagree. You guys are getting overly PC and can't see the difference here.

I think are the one who doesnt get it. That was a comedy and was known to be a comedy put on by greeks and Italians. If you say wog an an angry way then it is racist. Plain and simple.
yep. if you feel the need to abuse someone, call them a c*** and be done with it. then maybe also ask yourself why you feel the need to abuse someone.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have a good old time yelling at Nick Maxwell because I am immature.

An exception to the rule. I believe there's legislation.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'