v Essendon, 7 July -- seating

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

avid
Club Player

v Essendon, 7 July -- seating

After three unsuccessful visits to the Gardenvale Ticketmaster outlet, three more on the web, one call to the club, and then, at last, a really helpful lady on the TicketMaster phone line, this is what I've found out about the seating arrangements for the Esssendon game at Etihad on 7 July:

1. It's not a fully ticketed game ( which would have meant 'General Admission' members would just pay the booking fee to upgrade to a reserved seat.)
2. We're "welcome" to "just" upgrade to a reserved seat, at the cost of the seat reservation -- approx $20+ (having already paid for admission through our membership ticket).
3. Seats available for 'upgrade' reservation have only been released on levels 1 and 2. They are now sold out.
4. Seats available for 'upgrade' reservation on level 3 will be released on Friday morning, 9am.
Please don't ring TicketMaster at 9.00am precisely, because that's when I'll be trying to get on.

What really amazes me is that it was so impossible for me to find this out, except by eventally stumbling upon an individual who actually knew what she was talking about.
(Read the news item released by the club last week and see how much sense it makes.)

Hoping I'm correct with this information.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: v Essendon, 7 July -- seating

Blame the fwit Collo who runs Etihad stadium.

You'd think they could put some info on their website.

Also, you'd think our club could have regularly updated info on Facebook Twitter and the website.

Even a friggin email about it would be handy!

But no, the Internet is mainly about marketing and trying to sell stuff - not information as a priority unfortunately.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Blame the fwit Collo who runs Etihad stadium.

Also, you'd think our club could have regularly updated info on Facebook Twitter and the website.

But no, the Internet is mainly about marketing and trying to sell stuff - not information as a priority unfortunately.
plugger's reply (to save him time):

Yep, blame Collo and while your at it why not the AFL as well. I'm not sure what more they should do. Do you want them to call you anytime a change is made?

You really are a miserable person. Why not follow another sport?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Yep, blame Collo and while your at it why not the AFL as well. I'm not sure what more they should do. Do you want them to call you anytime a change is made?

True - take your own advice and f##k off

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
avid
Club Player

I'm annoyed at how hard it was to find out, but the main reason I started this post was to share the information.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

True - take your own advice and f##k off
Who's got up your arse this morning champ?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

He says it because your continual and mainly unsubstantiated bashing of your pet hates annoy 99.999% of the Forum

Facts are. St Kilda put out a press release (On their website) erroneously stating the game was all-ticketed. The fault was rectified and a retraction posted 24 hours later. The press release also contained all the details of upgrading your GA to a seat in the members area.

NOTHING to do with Collo.

KAPICHE???????

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:[He says it because your continual and mainly unsubstantiated bashing of your pet hates annoy 99.999% of the Forum

Facts are. St Kilda put out a press release (On their website) erroneously stating the game was all-ticketed. The fault was rectified and a retraction posted 24 hours later. The press release also contained all the details of upgrading your GA to a seat in the members area.

KAPICHE???????
No the clown doesn't.

And Saintspremiers what s.hits me about you is your constant racism on this site.

It sickens me. The latest was asking about aboriginal skull thickness.

I find your ignorance and stupidity sickening.

I find you moaning and b!tching sickening

I find your racist idiocies sickening.

Understand you halfwitted cabbage?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: Understand you halfwitted cabbage?

“That's being very disrespectful to vegetables JB!”

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

sorry Dr Spaceman :cry: :cry:

Lance or James??

avid
Club Player

The main reason I started this post was to share the information.

twirlyhair
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
saint66au wrote:[He says it because your continual and mainly unsubstantiated bashing of your pet hates annoy 99.999% of the Forum

KAPICHE???????
No the clown doesn't.

And Saintspremiers what s.hits me about you is your constant racism on this site.

Thankyou for saying this!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

KAPICHE???????
No the clown doesn't.

I couldn't give a shiit about you JB. Your opinions are irrelevant to me.

I am sorry if what I've heard about Aboriginal's offends you. It's not my story. And it was not meant to offend.

And Mike, as for the club's communication what I was getting at is updated info post what thy posted last week. Sorry I should've been more expansive. IMO they take a while to advise of things like level 1 and 2 selling out.

And to say it had nothing to do with Collo IMO is crap. He runs the ground. If a game or levels are selling out how hard is to put this sort of info on their website?

It's not that difficult.....

Rosco
Club Player

avid wrote:The main reason I started this post was to share the information.

Thanks for that, I was wondering about it. Someone's being a bastard, just not sure who. Can st kilda nominate it as a fully ticketed match?

There are some very annoying posts in this thread, but it has helped at least one person. Thanks.

avid
Club Player

After 3 visits to a Ticketmaster outlet, three to its website, three calls to its phone line, one call to the St Kilda footy club and two to Etihad Stadium, I finally got our reserved seats for the Essendon game.
I rang up, as advised, just before 9.00am this morning (Friday) and prepared to reap the best level three seats, to be released at 9.00 sharp. By the time I'd read my barcodes over the phone, there was one group of 6 seats left. They then disappeared. I was then told there were no blocks bigger than 2 or 3 seats left at all.
At least the guy told me there were still unreserved GA seats that wouldn't be sold, up the back -- so we'd find something if we turned up early enough. I hadn't known this as it had never been stated anywhere before.
He also said there might possibly be more seats released for reservation, but he Ticketmaster didn't know if or when.
I rang Etihad Stadium to find out, and I have to say they were extremely helpful. (The woman I spoke to was a sympathetic Saints supporter, which helped!)
Eventually she found out that they were going to release another batch in five minutes time. So I hopped on the phone, trudged through all the barcode numbers again, and got the six seats.

The worst thing was not knowing what the whole picture was -- how to respond to it, and plan a strategy.
You'd think at the very least they'd be able to explain the situation to a person like me -- who doesn't already understand the whole system perfectly, but is keen (desperate) to work through it.
Nothing

As far as seating for the actual game goes, I'd say this:
You may or may not still be able to reserve a seat for the game, because they may or may not be releasing any more. (Levels 1 and 2 are sold out [maybe?] and level 3 is likely to be sold out soon, if not already.)
You may or may not find a walk-up seat at the back of level 3, due to extreme demand, coming largely from Essendon supporters.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

avid wrote:After 3 visits to a Ticketmaster outlet, three to its website, three calls to its phone line, one call to the St Kilda footy club and two to Etihad Stadium, I finally got our reserved seats for the Essendon game.
I rang up, as advised, just before 9.00am this morning (Friday) and prepared to reap the best level three seats, to be released at 9.00 sharp. By the time I'd read my barcodes over the phone, there was one group of 6 seats left. They then disappeared. I was then told there were no blocks bigger than 2 or 3 seats left at all.
At least the guy told me there were still unreserved GA seats that wouldn't be sold, up the back -- so we'd find something if we turned up early enough. I hadn't known this as it had never been stated anywhere before.
He also said there might possibly be more seats released for reservation, but he Ticketmaster didn't know if or when.
I rang Etihad Stadium to find out, and I have to say they were extremely helpful. (The woman I spoke to was a sympathetic Saints supporter, which helped!)
Eventually she found out that they were going to release another batch in five minutes time. So I hopped on the phone, trudged through all the barcode numbers again, and got the six seats.

The worst thing was not knowing what the whole picture was -- how to respond to it, and plan a strategy.
You'd think at the very least they'd be able to explain the situation to a person like me -- who doesn't already understand the whole system perfectly, but is keen (desperate) to work through it.
Nothing

As far as seating for the actual game goes, I'd say this:
You may or may not still be able to reserve a seat for the game, because they may or may not be releasing any more. (Levels 1 and 2 are sold out [maybe?] and level 3 is likely to be sold out soon, if not already.)
You may or may not find a walk-up seat at the back of level 3, due to extreme demand, coming largely from Essendon supporters.

Im not 100% sure but isnt level 3 only reserved for the first 6 rows so there is room for a massive walk up.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

If it is not an all-ticket game then surely it's just business as usual? L3 rows A-F requiring a specific seated ticket, all rows after F walk-up?

Same as most weeks?

Freebird
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

KAPICHE???????
No the clown doesn't.

You have a history lies...I hate people who support their argument with bs...hypocrit, talk about bitching and moaning. I'm surprised you used halfwit...that would be a compliment to you

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:If it is not an all-ticket game then surely it's just business as usual? L3 rows A-F requiring a specific seated ticket, all rows after F walk-up?

Same as most weeks?
Exactly right

..and the bitching only started because the usual suspect decided to turn an information thread into a bashing session.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor