GF effort required vs Cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

GF effort required vs Cats

I hope they leave nothing on the table.

I hope our boys are spent and take days to recover.

Do the above and we have a chance of beating Geelong.

The fixture helps us by having an eight day break then a bye match after the Cats. Can play several kids against GWS if a few players are still sore after Friday night.

100 tackles here we come!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SMS
Club Player

Re: GF effort required vs Cats

fair enough call on GWS but cant take them like they are nothing.

If we rested 15 players of starting 22 even GWS would smash us.

You are right Cats on Friday is our grand final. EVERY week is our grand final.

Crows winning was great now we need North to win today as they should.

If the bombers win today ... saints put one foot in coffin

oh when the
Club Player

Re: gws - never take the opposition for granted -
I've seen Saints lose unlosable games

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Watched the Giants yesty at Metricon. They were good in the first half, moved the ball well, very neat disposal. They seemed to tire in the third qtr and the Suns built up an ultimately winning lead.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I watched the Giants/ Tigers game and Richmond had banked the points and nearly lost. Don't rest players.

The Cats game will be a ripper, I'm worried that the umpires are now going to keep crucifying us though. I think Scotty went too far in his pointed criticism, never worked for Thommo either. We are a really hard team to read the form of. We are so close to teams like Collingwood and Sydney but somehow look shaky when it's crunch time. The Melbourne game was a training run with plenty of youth in the team.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

You mean the bye like Richmond had the bye against GC...and Essendon had the bye against Melbourne?

Sheesh..

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:You mean the bye like Richmond had the bye against GC...and Essendon had the bye against Melbourne?

Sheesh..
Come on. You know what I mean. Sure in theory we could lose but it's at Etihad.

I'll run naked down Swanston St if we lose!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:You mean the bye like Richmond had the bye against GC...and Essendon had the bye against Melbourne?

Sheesh..

Do you still have your house after the Port game?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Although we haven't got a snow flakes chance in hell of winning against the Cats but it will be a great test for the new guys to experience a pressure game and all the build up that goes with it. It should show who's capable of standing up in future pressure games. In the context of this year it doesn't matter if we win but I reckon in the context of building a new team it will be good to see which of the new and young players handle themselves. Looking forward to it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Although we haven't got a snow flakes chance in hell of winning against the Cats but it will be a great test for the new guys to experience a pressure game and all the build up that goes with it. It should show who's capable of standing up in future pressure games. In the context of this year it doesn't matter if we win but I reckon in the context of building a new team it will be good to see which of the new and young players handle themselves. Looking forward to it.

It that based on losing by 4 points to the pies and nearly hitting the front against Sydney at their home ground with only minutes to play?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Although we haven't got a snow flakes chance in hell of winning against the Cats but it will be a great test for the new guys to experience a pressure game and all the build up that goes with it. It should show who's capable of standing up in future pressure games. In the context of this year it doesn't matter if we win but I reckon in the context of building a new team it will be good to see which of the new and young players handle themselves. Looking forward to it.

It that based on losing by 4 points to the pies and nearly hitting the front against Sydney at their home ground with only minutes to play?
Yes, that and my incredible football knowledge tells me that the Cats are a class above and good teams just find a way to win just like the Pies and Swans did, even when they play bad. Surely you understand that.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Sheesh..

Do you still have your house after the Port game?
Nope. The caravan has good heating luckily.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes, that and my incredible football knowledge tells me that the Cats are a class above and good teams just find a way to win just like the Pies and Swans did, even when they play bad. Surely you understand that.
In theory you are right.

But this is do or die.

And that's where our wise old heads come to the fore.

Yep, odds are stacked heavily against us, but there is some realistic chance of a miracle win.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

A snow flakes chance in hell suggests we should be about 10 to one to win. Form suggests we will be $3 at best.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

we get up against the cats and things certainly change and makes those last two spots REAL interesting

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:we get up against the cats and things certainly change and makes those last two spots REAL interesting
Oh I hope so.

I like interesting.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

A snow flakes chance in hell suggests we should be about 10 to one to win. Form suggests we will be $3 at best.
That's if you are using commercial betting odds. Whether it's one point or 100, form suggests Cats will win. If we win it's a bonus and we drink till sun-up, isn't that the Saints Mantra? I'm suggesting it is if you are over the age of 10.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:we get up against the cats and things certainly change and makes those last two spots REAL interesting
Oh I hope so.

I like interesting.
im really looking forward to this game
we've had some great games against them in the last few years
that rd 14 game the obvious stand out

we get up next week, without the capt, gee that would be unreal 8-)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Who rucks for Geelong these days, are we any chance of breaking even at stoppages?

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Who rucks for Geelong these days, are we any chance of breaking even at stoppages?

The good thing is the rucks will not decide this game. It will be a battle of the mids. They have more depth so we need to be at our best.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Who rucks for Geelong these days, are we any chance of breaking even at stoppages?

The good thing is the rucks will not decide this game. It will be a battle of the mids. They have more depth so we need to be at our best.
that being the case BJ in the middle more and Dal pushing forward would be good.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Orren Stephenson, not sure how far away West is.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Surely Ben will at least break even then.

Siposstar#2
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Surely Ben will at least break even then.

That's a worry! At least if the opposition ruck wins a few there's a chance he might accidentally tap the ball to us.
When mcevoy wins its 100% going to the opposition. Couldnt tap a ball into a swimming pool next to him!

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
sainter104
Club Player

i expect we will beat Geelong easily