Thank you Robert walls

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Thank you Robert walls

Lock in the win tonight

Well done Robert..

#1 Ryder fan
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: Thank you Robert walls

So did he pick The pussies ?, hope he did

I love this club
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I thought it was a fair article. Didnt bag our players, just stated the facts (unfortunately)

Hopefully, it does motivate Saints for a good win tonight.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:So did he pick The pussies ?, hope he did
Yep he picked Cats

I thought he was overly generous in his timeframes... some he gave 4 years to I have doubts.... this time hope he's right...

“Yeah….nah””
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:So did he pick The pussies ?, hope he did
I thought he was overly generous in his timeframes... some he gave 4 years to I have doubts.... this time hope he's right...
Agree

chook23
Saintsational Legend

The truth of the article really burns

it hurts

the lack of a premiership from this group

saint4life
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:I thought it was a fair article. Didnt bag our players, just stated the facts (unfortunately)

Hopefully, it does motivate Saints for a good win tonight.
+1

Totally fair assessments, I thought.

Would have liked to have had some thoughts from his as to whether the club should do away with any of the 'magnificent seven' in order to hasten the redevelopment process of the list.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

His article did have a couple of holes.

Riewoldt was not in poor form in 2010, he missed a chunk of the year through injury but still averaged more disposals, marks and goals than he has this year.

Milne has been among the bests in a final, 2010 vs Geelong (and is sixth in the comp for finals goals).

andrewg
Club Player

I f****** hate Robert walls

spert
Saintsational Legend

Walls is pretty right in his article, basically telling it like it is. No real holes in what he says.

taz
Club Player

Well done Sherlock. ... this article was little more than self evident self congratulatory tripe. I don't mind Walls opinion sometimes but this was effort was naive. "Roo has a woobly knee"...no kidding

gringo
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:Well done Sherlock. ... this article was little more than self evident self congratulatory tripe. I don't mind Walls opinion sometimes but this was effort was naive. "Roo has a woobly knee"...no kidding

I agree it is classic Walls- trying to make every one feel a little sick with what he is writing. He loves the ones that build fans anxiety. Ordinary bloke too. Some one rang SEN and asked him about beating up his own player and changed the subject. He's a piss weak old bugger who has an unnatural disdain for the game he stays involved with. Don't rate anything he says.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:His article did have a couple of holes.

Riewoldt was not in poor form in 2010, he missed a chunk of the year through injury but still averaged more disposals, marks and goals than he has this year.

Milne has been among the bests in a final, 2010 vs Geelong (and is sixth in the comp for finals goals).
Roos effort just to get back in 2010 was phenominal.

His final series was quite good. He was ok against Geelong and VG against the Dogs in the prelim.

He's GF was ok and he nearly won us the game when he took a pack contested mark on half back in that play in the last 2 minuites.

Of course, all of this goes down the memory hole over the course of time because we didn't end up winning anything. :cry:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
howlinwolf
Club Player

It's hard to argue much he has said in this article apart from Nick having an ordinary year in 2010.
He understands that writing an article about Stkilda failing is going to be a popular read for many so there is his pay day.
I am as disappointed as the rest of us that we didn't quite win 09 or 10 but I don't subscribe to the popular belief it is was predetermined by our culture etc.
Winning flags is never easy. The Cats can vouch for that. Living down this way we have collectively sighed with relief 4 times when they failed at the last hurdle in 89,92,94 and 1995.
Unfortunately for us we faced two incredibly good sides (as Geelong did) and in the end could be regarded as unlucky to have not won either or both 09/10 flags.
I can think of a few soft Grand Final's opponents some premiers have faced over recent years. If only ...
In 2004 I'm confident we would have beaten Brisbane had we not been narrowly beaten by Port Adelaide.
The 2000 GF was another whitewash with Melbourne being very soft. Port Adelaide laid down like a shot dog in 2007.I'm glad we never suffered any of that ignominy.

I don't regard our failure to win these flags as incompetence. It suits some agendas to believe that though.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
spert
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:It's hard to argue much he has said in this article apart from Nick having an ordinary year in 2010.
He understands that writing an article about Stkilda failing is going to be a popular read for many so there is his pay day.
I am as disappointed as the rest of us that we didn't quite win 09 or 10 but I don't subscribe to the popular belief it is was predetermined by our culture etc.
Winning flags is never easy. The Cats can vouch for that. Living down this way we have collectively sighed with relief 4 times when they failed at the last hurdle in 89,92,94 and 1995.
Unfortunately for us we faced two incredibly good sides (as Geelong did) and in the end could be regarded as unlucky to have not won either or both 09/10 flags.
I can think of a few soft Grand Final's opponents some premiers have faced over recent years. If only ...
In 2004 I'm confident we would have beaten Brisbane had we not been narrowly beaten by Port Adelaide.
The 2000 GF was another whitewash with Melbourne being very soft. Port Adelaide laid down like a shot dog in 2007.I'm glad we never suffered any of that ignominy.

I don't regard our failure to win these flags as incompetence. It suits some agendas to believe that though.
Agree about 2004, but basically we were beaten in 09 and 10 by slightly more skilled and balanced teams. I was really disappointed with the forward line and midfield in the replay.
Anyway, as far as tonight goes, I don't think we'll miss Roo as much as we think, as Taylor seems to nullify him very well in Geelong games.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:The truth of the article really burns

it hurts

Yeah never even got close, because as we all know winning a premiership is a doddle.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

howlinwolf wrote:I don't regard our failure to win these flags as incompetence. It suits some agendas to believe that though.

+1

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

How anyone could find fault in the article just has another agenda. It was well written and on the ball.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

for those who may wish to follow with a read of the article
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... 24bi8.html

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

He calls us the aints

Nuff said

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:He calls us the aints

Nuff said

When did he call us that? I didnt see it at all.

thefatdork
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:He calls us the aints

Nuff said

When did he call us that? I didnt see it at all.
Yes - I saw that too. It was on The Age website as a headline under a pic of Roo. Not sure if he called us that though or the editorial staff who come up with these.
Anyway, grabbed my attention - so headline worked BUT it did p*** me off too.
Grand Finals are hard to win - but the boys have really tried.
GO SAINTS!!
Thefatdork

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:The truth of the article really burns

it hurts

Whilst allot of media really get my goat up , you have to agree .
I was doing a clean up a couple of weeks ago and found a calendar from 2006 . the front photo shows a bunch of fresh faced champions and proven stars , unfortunately six years later the only one with a premiership medallion is luke ball .

In red white and black from 73
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

read it this morning... found it fine. truth in it did hurt. 09 was our year, i'm still pised we miss that flag... god we played great footy that year.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:read it this morning... found it fine. truth in it did hurt. 09 was our year, i'm still pissed we missed that flag... god we played great footy that year.

Fortius Quo Fidelius