To those who cheered when Kosi was subbed off....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

To those who cheered when Kosi was subbed off....

You are a disgrace and need to take a good hard look at yourselves

Yes he was poor, no he hasnt had a great run of late, but to openly and publicly mock him as hundreds of so-called 'supporters" did last night was cringeworthy.

Loyalty cant be turned on and off...its easy to be a glued on fan when were making GF's..but last nights game was a test..and it seems a lot of Saints fans failed it

I hope when we next make a GF noone who mocked Kosi last night get tickets. You dont deserve them no matter how many hundred years youve been following the Club

Very very poor. Leave that sort of crap to the soccer fans, some of whom seem to have a stunning sense of their own self importance sometimes..

/rant.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: To those who cheered when Kosi was subbed off....

Well said...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

+1.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hear hear.

People getting out the maracas to dance on his football grave make me sick.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

I for one wasnt there and had to work, (arvo shift), but to all those that judge other supporters and tell them what to do. Get a life. All members / supporters can do what they want in a court of law, at the footy. We dont live in north korea. From what I saw om replay, kosi should have subbed himself.

resaintlee
Club Player

I agree. Disappointing for Kosi

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Kosi was crap.

But I would only boo Wilkes

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Scoop
Club Player

Agree with all bar one above....

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I disliked immensely what I saw from Kosi, but would never boo one of our players. Unfortunately I think Kosi has run his race. That lack of effort is contagious.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

joffaboy wrote:Kosi was crap.

Scoop wrote:Agree with all bar one above....
I agree with Scoop... even though I'm unsure Scoop if the 'one above' that you refer to is JB's post or the post defending the supporters who cheered/jeered Kosi off...?

Anyway..., JB..., why would you boo Wilkesy? Yes, he could have been better (and I think that if he gets the chances he will be), but he provided a target, chased, sheperded, split a few packs, took a few grabs... and all from limited opportunities and none too flash delivery... I reckon we had worse contributions on the night than his...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Leo.J
SS Life Member

People that go to the footy and boo they're own team, and are negative toward they're team tend to be pretty s*** people who don't really do too well in they're own lives.

It kind of reflects how they feel about they're own self worth.

If only they were as honest with themselves as they are with critique on players, they might be happier and more sucessful humans.

Negativity breeds negativity.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I cheered when Kosi was subbed off. I was cheering for Watters. Applauding his move. Bold but clever to sub a ruckman for a small forward.

There is a reason hundreds applauded.

Unless we are all morons.

Maybe the OP is a disgrace for not supporting our coaches move.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I would never boo any of our players.......(even Winbanks when he was supposedly playing!!!)

However Kosi is not up to standard for AFL against good teams any more. With his lack of ground skills, and lack of pace and ability to apply any forward pressure the only way he can deserve a place is if he can take one clunk marks like say Hawkins is doing. Kosi used to take pack marks...but now rarely does so.

Over his career he has been the subject of too much negative criticism based on where he was drafted rater than what he was delivering. His overall career has been better tan usefl.

But ina era at present where you key forwards have to be mobile and take marks Kosi does neither. Though at least he is still a pretty good kick on goal.

His ability to to play the second ruck is also not that good. So that role does not earn him any extra points.

So Kosi thank you for a goo contribution over many years. but your role next year will be back-up if retained.

Wilkes is a limited player, and nit exactly what you would want to be a top 4 team. However at present he can worka lot harder and do more team things than Kosi, and so I would play him in preference.

* Club needs to target a ruck/forward to back up Ben = takes Kosi s' spot. If not play Wilkes or Siposs

* Stanley and Roo to be the 2 key forwards.

* Siposs to have a really solid pre-season in the gym to build up his core strength so that he becomes a better option for the third tall forward role. This year he wasa bit light to assume sucha role.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cowardly thing to do IMHO. Kosi had an ordinary night to say the least , and I'm sure was feeling bad enough as it was. For some numb nut to start applauding the decision to sub a player (incidentally one who has given ten years to the club) by booing him off the field is simply showing himself up for the dog he is.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
winmaaah
Club Player

Kosi deserved far more respect from supporters.

paddy
Club Player

good thread....

Kosi is a club hero, and it makes me sick to think that our own supporters would turn on such a champ, because of a bad game (pretty sure he knows he had a bad game anyway)

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

paddy wrote:good thread....

Kosi is a club hero, and it makes me sick to think that our own supporters would turn on such a champ, because of a bad game (pretty sure he knows he had a bad game anyway)

Kosi is not a champ. Never has been except for a four game streak in, what was it, 2004? Has been sporadically good, but never a champ.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:I cheered when Kosi was subbed off. I was cheering for Watters. Applauding his move. Bold but clever to sub a ruckman for a small forward.

There is a reason hundreds applauded.

Unless we are all morons.

Maybe the OP is a disgrace for not supporting our coaches move.
As I said maybe people should be more honest with themselves.

So do you cheer for all coaching moves?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Kosi was crap.

Scoop wrote:Agree with all bar one above....
I agree with Scoop... even though I'm unsure Scoop if the 'one above' that you refer to is JB's post or the post defending the supporters who cheered/jeered Kosi off...?

Anyway..., JB..., why would you boo Wilkesy? Yes, he could have been better (and I think that if he gets the chances he will be), but he provided a target, chased, sheperded, split a few packs, took a few grabs... and all from limited opportunities and none too flash delivery... I reckon we had worse contributions on the night than his...

Tough night against Taylor, Scarlett and co. They have after all been a big part of Geelongs success and they don't often get beaten do they?

Replacing Roo at CHF was the problem. Both Wilkes and Kosi failed in the first half, but we also broke down at CHB and in the middle. Wilkes was better in the third quarter, but it was actually SW move of Gilbo to CHF in the 3rd quarter and his 8 or 9 touches that helped us. His defensive efforts and his attack on the contest helped provide opportunities for the forwards to finish.

Bushman
Club Player

For a very long time he has not deserved his place in our best 22, I hope Scott moves him on at any cost and gives another the chance to develop. He seems very lost and without purpose on the field, he has little idea of where and how to lead and can't ruck. I applaud Scott's move to finally admit he's not up to it and replace him last night. All that crap over the years of how important he was to our structure never made sense, if he can't contribute other than simply being there he should go. His presence has been a liability to far too long, I'm sure he's a great bloke, a terrific club man and has tries his best but his time it well past up and I hope the club finally admits it and moves on.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Bushman wrote:For a very long time he has not deserved his place in our best 22, I hope Scott moves him on at any cost and gives another the chance to develop. He seems very lost and without purpose on the field, he has little idea of where and how to lead and can't ruck. I applaud Scott's move to finally admit he's not up to it and replace him last night. All that crap over the years of how important he was to our structure never made sense, if he can't contribute other than simply being there he should go. His presence has been a liability to far too long, I'm sure he's a great bloke, a terrific club man and has tries his best but his time it well past up and I hope the club finally admits it and moves on.
Bushman....come on down....you're the next candidate for the foe list...

If any anyone needs help setting up their foe list please send me a pm

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't boo St Kilda players at games....

I don't cheer them either.....

Kosi is woeful and a barometer of our lack of talent coming through...

Is Stanley unlucky or not suited to AFL level, it's getting to the point where we could run a book on what quarter he'll get injured , when he's able to get himself out there of course...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Yep Kosi was absolutely useless but let him exit with dignity.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Although I dont agree with what people did to kosi, but more importantly I dont agree with some supporters thinking they are above everyone else.
As for kosi thanks for the few memmories. Time to move on. I can not remember the last 4 quarter effort.

The Jeff
Club Player

saint66au wrote:You are a disgrace and need to take a good hard look at yourselves

Yes he was poor, no he hasnt had a great run of late, but to openly and publicly mock him as hundreds of so-called 'supporters" did last night was cringeworthy.

Loyalty cant be turned on and off...its easy to be a glued on fan when were making GF's..but last nights game was a test..and it seems a lot of Saints fans failed it

I hope when we next make a GF noone who mocked Kosi last night get tickets. You dont deserve them no matter how many hundred years youve been following the Club

Very very poor. Leave that sort of crap to the soccer fans, some of whom seem to have a stunning sense of their own self importance sometimes..

/rant.
Spot on.

He may be in ordinary nick, he may have had a lean few years and a couple too many injuries but despite how one values his contributions over the journey, he's a life member of the club and done a hell of a lot more for the St. Kilda Football Club than any of those morons cheering him off. They're not Saints supporters.

FQF