Chris Dawes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Loxton
Club Player

Chris Dawes

Obviously out of favour with the pies. Is he out of contract?

24 yrs old, his stats have been down a bit this year.

Could he be a handy replacement for Kos, ( would probably get his hands on the ball alot more )?

Could Scotty and the Saints revive his game?

Just throwing it out there.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chris Dawes

Does he offer anymore than Wilkes?

This year I'd say no...but he could possibly ruck better... never been a massive wrap for him tbh

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Does he offer anymore than Wilkes?

This year I'd say no...but he could possibly ruck better... never been a massive wrap for him tbh
Agree Tefs.

And unlike Wilkes who cost us buggar all and is already at the club, Collingwood would base any trade on his 2010 form. Probably demand 2 first round picks :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Dawes is close to being the worst regular 22 player in the AFL.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Dawes is close to being the worst regular 22 player in the AFL.
Agree

Along with that lemon and clown captain Maxwell

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Agree

Yeah correct weight. Blake is every bit a better player than Maxwell but receives none of the praise.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Agree

Yeah correct weight. Blake is every bit a better player than Maxwell but receives none of the praise.

Yep 2 coaches at the pies are have got it all wrong. SDurely the pies realise you must have a champion as captain of your club. Just look at all the last few winners of the GF. It completely proves that argument.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Yep 2 coaches at the pies are have got it all wrong. SDurely the pies realise you must have a champion as captain of your club. Just look at all the last few winners of the GF. It completely proves that argument.
[/quote]

Whats that got to do with how good a footballer Maxwell is? Would Robert Eddy improved if the ball bounced to Milne and he goaled in 2010?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Whats that got to do with how good a footballer Maxwell is? Would Robert Eddy improved if the ball bounced to Milne and he goaled in 2010?[/quote]

So you know more than 2 coaches. Amazing that you see the pies more than them. And being Captain especially if you are highly rated is part of being a good player. You agreed that he is close to the worst regular 22 players in the AFL so I gather you watch him closely in games.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I do actually and I cant think of a player that is worse than Chris Dawes that gets a regular gig.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Yeah I do actually and I cant think of a player that is worse than Chris Dawes that gets a regular gig.

What has he got to do with Maxwell?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Yeah I do actually and I cant think of a player that is worse than Chris Dawes that gets a regular gig.

I just agreed with Teflon that hes not much chop for the praise he gets compared to Blake.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Even though his form has been terrible, don't think the pies will want to lose Cloke, Tarrant & Dawes at the same time.

I would be totally against Dawes, but then again, I was totally against trading for Tom Hawkins two years ago :shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I just agreed with Teflon that hes not much chop for the praise he gets compared to Blake.

He is Captain of the biggest side in the comp. If he wasnt Captain he wouldnt get mentioned just like Blake but that doesnt make him one of the worst regular 22 players in the AFL especially as he is obviously an excellent Captain as well. Surely that is part of being a good player.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

If I was picking a collingwood side from a full list, I don't think Maxwell would be in it. Richie Vandenberg II

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He is Captain of the biggest side in the comp. If he wasnt Captain he wouldnt get mentioned just like Blake but that doesnt make him one of the worst regular 22 players in the AFL especially as he is obviously an excellent Captain as well. Surely that is part of being a good player.
No thats incorrect. Maxwell gets talked up about his ability when reality hes no better than Blake forget about his captaincy.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No thats incorrect. Maxwell gets talked up about his ability when reality hes no better than Blake forget about his captaincy.

Firstly you cant forget about his captaincy and i think you are wrong. As i keep saying people hear what they want to hear.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

If I had to choose between Blake and Maxwell I would take Blake everyday. Maxwell is talked up because of who he plays for not for what he does. Throw Harry O into that mix as well. Both AA based on the back of above average season for there ability but still below that of a list of players that season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:If I had to choose between Blake and Maxwell I would take Blake everyday. Maxwell is talked up because of who he plays for not for what he does. Throw Harry O into that mix as well. Both AA based on the back of above average season for there ability but still below that of a list of players that season.

Of course that is right. And you wouldnt see things through one eye. I amazed they could win a flag with those 2 in the same backline.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:If I had to choose between Blake and Maxwell I would take Blake everyday. Maxwell is talked up because of who he plays for not for what he does. Throw Harry O into that mix as well. Both AA based on the back of above average season for there ability but still below that of a list of players that season.

Of course that is right. And you wouldnt see things through one eye. I amazed they could win a flag with those 2 in the same backline.
We nearly won two with Dawson, Blake and Clarke whats your point. Im just saying that they recieve far greater praise because who they play for. If Maxwell played at Melbourne he'd be part of the problem not the solution.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

We nearly won two with Dawson, Blake and Clarke whats your point. Im just saying that they recieve far greater praise because who they play for. If Maxwell played at Melbourne he'd be part of the problem not the solution.

But he doesnt play for Melbourne. Most backmen would struggle at Melbourne just as most forwards would. How can anyone have a logical discussion with anyone who thinks players were picked in an AA side because they played better than they usually do. I guess Steven and Armo will be picked this year as well then. But then again you did think we lost to Geelong because the players still hadnt gotten over the poor frees paid in an earlier game. You need to stop thinking the world is against out players but is all for any other side.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

You need to stop disagreeing with people just to start an argument. Maxwell doesnt play for Melbouren thats correct but he does play for Collingwood the side with maximum exposure he along with Harry O both got AA in front of a list of players that had far better seasons. Stats prove that as fact.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:You need to stop disagreeing with people just to start an argument. Maxwell doesnt play for Melbouren thats correct but he does play for Collingwood the side with maximum exposure he along with Harry O both got AA in front of a list of players that had far better seasons. Stats prove that as fact.

And you need to get the chip off your shoulder about our side and other sides and especially get 2 eyes. It helps to see the game clearly. I am amazed you remember stats from 3 years ago. That is a great skill. Do the stats watch the game as well. Now what logical reason was there to pick those 2 players if they didnt deserve it.

By the way I only disagree with people who say illogical things like we lost to Geelong because 2 weeks earlier we got some bad decisions.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:You need to stop disagreeing with people just to start an argument. Maxwell doesnt play for Melbouren thats correct but he does play for Collingwood the side with maximum exposure he along with Harry O both got AA in front of a list of players that had far better seasons. Stats prove that as fact.

And you need to get the chip off your shoulder about our side and other sides and especially get 2 eyes. It helps to see the game clearly. I am amazed you remember stats from 3 years ago. That is a great skill. Do the stats watch the game as well. Now what logical reason was there to pick those 2 players if they didnt deserve it.

By the way I only disagree with people who say illogical things like we lost to Geelong because 2 weeks earlier we got some bad decisions.
Did I say that did I? I remember saying they would have been shattered after the Collingwood loss knowing there season was all but over. I also stated that they would have had there spirit broken by the events during the game. Fair call Id say.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Did I say that did I? I remember saying they would have been shattered after the Collingwood loss knowing there season was all but over. I also stated that they would have had there spirit broken by the events during the game. Fair call Id say.

No its a call of a supporter who thinks we must have the most mentally weak players in the AFL. Got the stats on those 2 players and the logically reason why they should not have been picked but were?