The MRP (again)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

The MRP (again)

Here we go again...
If the charge laid from Saturday night is anything to go by, we are in for another year of confusion from the MRP...
MRP wrote:Charges Laid:
Hayden Ballantyne, Fremantle, has been charged with a level one engaging in rough conduct offence (125 demerit points, one match) for engaging in rough conduct against Scott Selwood, West Coast, during the first quarter of the round one match between Fremantle and West Coast, played at Patersons Stadium on Saturday March 23, 2013.

In summary, he previous poor record means that his one-match sanction must remain at a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the West Coast Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and body contact (one point). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a level one offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of three matches suspended within the last two years, increasing the penalty by 10 per cent to 137.50 points. He also has 33.13 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 170.63 points and a one-match sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 127.97 points and a one-match sanction.
If anyone watched the game, it was clear that Ballantyne's hit 50m off the play was nothing but intentional. Ballantyne did his best Steven Baker impersonation and dropped Selwood to the ground with a cowardly backhanded whack.
If he has any brains at all (all evidence points to the contrary), he should take the week on offer and put the MRP members on his Christmas Card list.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: The MRP (again)

I can't get the AFL site to even load :x

What about pav?

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Pav got off.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Pav got off.

Which was correct. havent seen the other one but I thought if it is off the ball it had to be intentional.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:Pav got off.

Which was correct. havent seen the other one but I thought if it is off the ball it had to be intentional.
I agree... :shock:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Pav had to get weeks if the MRP was consistent. I personally believe he was fine.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Pav had to get weeks if the MRP was consistent.
That's the problem, right there.

Ballantyne walks away with a week for a dirty, behind the play cheap shot. Joey cops the same penalty because Walker took a dive.

beebarry
Club Player

walker is a one trick pony scumbag that tried and failed miserably to beat Milney with his behind the play and amateurish bullsh*t lasty year ......if the same standards applied then as do today he would have got multiple weeks for his actions that day ....and it all went sour when the tiprat showed that class is permanent and Walker is a high flighing failure .......bitter .....damn right I am ......never forget scumbags like Walker .,,,,,,never forgive ....pR*ck