On the Couch Re Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

On the Couch Re Dal Santo

Showed McCaffer holding Dal Santo and wrapping his arms around him well off the ball. They all queried why no frees came Dal Santos way for holding. Dal was restricted at every contest and once again received no protection.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Greg T
Club Player

Re: On the Couch Re Dal Santo

CURLY wrote:Showed McCaffer holding Dal Santo and wrapping his arms around him well off the ball. They all queried why no frees came Dal Santos way for holding. Dal was restricted at every contest and once again received no protection.
Wasn't this what SW was talking about against Sydney off the ball.
Maybe Kosi should have elbowed him?

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
lloyd21
Club Player

Gotta play Dal Santo forward pocket get games into Ledger to see he is long term prospect help Dal with tag.

Hate to say it but Geelong again showing the way, along with most good teams don't want permanent forward pocket simply rotating their mids thru forward line.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

If the umpire pays one free immediately McCaffers mindset and tactics are unsettled. Yet the umpire allow him to cheat to curb Dale Saints influence.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:If the umpire pays one free immediately McCaffers mindset and tactics are unsettled. Yet the umpire allow him to cheat to curb Dale Saints influence.

Too busy giving Pendlebury a free goal for pushing his back up into geary who was on his knees :roll: :roll:

Going to once again defend the hopelessly pathetic incompetent umpires P66?

Aren't they supposed to watch behind the play? Are they now just ball watching?

What does the STKFC have to do to get a fair go with umpires? Why do they allow this blatant cheating to continue?

C'mon P66, tell us all why the umpires allow a player to be continually held more than 5 metres off the ball like shown on On The Couch??????????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Does he need more help from the coach?

I can't tell, to me his body language is down, and I always seem to see him looking casual. Maybe I'm unfair, but I reckon he's defeated before he gets out there at the moment.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Does he need more help from the coach?

I can't tell, to me his body language is down, and I always seem to see him looking casual. Maybe I'm unfair, but I reckon he's defeated before he gets out there at the moment.
He was physically held off the ball. What can he do? Your body language would change too if someone was holding you all night.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Nick was HTB though

When he took possession at full tilt, was tackled immediately and was HTB?! Forgot about prior.... Oh that's right, you've got to be pretending to dispose of the ball.... Such a joke!

The bigger joke

It happened twice?! Once you could understand?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

He was physically held off the ball. What can he do? Your body language would change too if someone was holding you all night.
One match in isolation, think he has been well down all year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
CURLY wrote:If the umpire pays one free immediately McCaffers mindset and tactics are unsettled. Yet the umpire allow him to cheat to curb Dale Saints influence.

Too busy giving Pendlebury a free goal for pushing his back up into geary who was on his knees :roll: :roll:

What does the STKFC have to do to get a fair go with umpires? Why do they allow this blatant cheating to continue?

C'mon P66, tell us all why the umpires allow a player to be continually held more than 5 metres off the ball like shown on On The Couch??????????
This is what Id like to know also along with - what ARE the St Kilda FC going to do???

“Yeah….nah””
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
CURLY wrote:

One match in isolation, think he has been well down all year.
Tagged all year copped this s*** for years.

suss
Club Player

When Judd copped a heavy tag in his prime he just elbowed the tagged in the head. He got a week or two but also lots of sympathy, more free kicks and umpire love. Nothing wrong with sconning someone occasionally.

Greg T
Club Player

He's been we'll down for a while now and maybe a change out of the midfield may be the short term answer.
He's as quality player so "dropping him won't help the cause"
Maybe a more attacking role off HBACK or wing or H F to mix it up
He's struggling on the ball ATM .
Just hope he doesn't pull the pin at years end.He d be we'll sought after.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

If you're black+white you can complain about umpiring and get a dream run for the next 5 or 6 rounds.
Add a dash of RED and the bastards will SEE red. Fines, worse treatment etc.
Approach the Moonfaced Geisch using correct protocol and he will sit there like Cardinal Pell (Catholic Church) and deny everything and you will be worse off. WTF

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Munga
Saintsational Legend

Same thing happened with Montagna, I mentioned it on the night.

Do we not complain enough, publicly? It's petty I know, but you don't ask you don't receive.

On Adelaide channel 9 news the LEADING sports story was how bad the umpiring was against the Crows and that Sanderson will chat with Geesh.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Umpiring has been diabolically biased all year. If we sit down with Geish or complain publicly the muck raking papers will call us "whingers" and it will only get worse.

Almost had to block a filth supporter on my FB page who continuously called Roo a "protected species" who gets "at least 4 gimmie frees a game" Checking the stats he had received 0 to the time of the comment, we know as we watch him every week that he gets scragged, pushed, held and chopped relentlessly all game and gets minimal free kicks. Drawing his attention to the atrocious Pendleberry decision and resultant goal he actually was smart enough to shut his trap. But the overall opinion (based on reading comments on various forums and FB/Twitter posts) is that St Kilda (especially Roo) are umpires pets and get a leg up every week....except for this week. 90% of comments were the Filth got a dream run with the umps.

I hope the club can somehow get this treatment to end.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Dal seemed to fire up in the last qtr when we were making a surge. Did McAffer get tired or was Dal in a different role?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

You are right JB. They are cheating either against us or for the team we play. Must be against us because the team we play doesnt seem to get the frees the following or previous week. JB do you think it is the umpires cheating or have the AFL directed them to cheat? This could be the biggest story in the history of the game. make the Essendon story look like a missed shot at goal from the boundary. It will obviously lead every newspaper and TV station today. Just get it out there JB.

And I will answer your two questions as I always try to do. No and and I dont know. Just one question to you JB. How big will this story get? This will be certainly the downfull of either the umpiring department ot the AFL as they are blatantly cheating against us.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

It seems pretty clear that unless you publicly challenge these situations nothing changes. Would love to that our president had taken dvds of Friday nights game to the umpires and asked for a explanation as to the treatment of Dal Santo.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:Umpiring has been diabolically biased all year. If we sit down with Geish or complain publicly the muck raking papers will call us "whingers" and it will only get worse.

Almost had to block a filth supporter on my FB page who continuously called Roo a "protected species" who gets "at least 4 gimmie frees a game" Checking the stats he had received 0 to the time of the comment, we know as we watch him every week that he gets scragged, pushed, held and chopped relentlessly all game and gets minimal free kicks. Drawing his attention to the atrocious Pendleberry decision and resultant goal he actually was smart enough to shut his trap. But the overall opinion (based on reading comments on various forums and FB/Twitter posts) is that St Kilda (especially Roo) are umpires pets and get a leg up every week....except for this week. 90% of comments were the Filth got a dream run with the umps.

BANG BANG

Does it not strike you as odd when you hear fans of other teams complaining about how hard done by their team is by the umpiring? It seems they're saying exactly the same things that you and lots of other Saints loving umpire/AFL conspiracy theorists are saying. Are they all wrong and the righteous indignation of Saints fans is the only true anti-umpiring indignation based on genuine unbiased, non one-eyed evidence?
Perhaps it shows that there are one eyed supporters of every club who are all totally convinced, as are many on here, that their club is especially hard done by when it comes to umpiring or even worse, victims of deliberate umpire/AFL bias.
When in fact there is no conspiracy or deliberate attempt to favour anyone. There's only a mind boggling plethora of changes to the rules that are totally confusing and
technology that gives all of us the benefit of watching and assessing in slow motion from different angles when umpires work in real time from one angle and don't get the chance to see an incident over again before coming to a conclusion.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
Hurricane wrote:Umpiring has been diabolically biased all year. If we sit down with Geish or complain publicly the muck raking papers will call us "whingers" and it will only get worse.

BANG BANG

Does it not strike you as odd when you hear fans of other teams complaining about how hard done by their team is by the umpiring? It seems they're saying exactly the same things that you and lots of other Saints loving umpire/AFL conspiracy theorists are saying. Are they all wrong and the righteous indignation of Saints fans is the only true anti-umpiring indignation based on genuine unbiased, non one-eyed evidence?
Perhaps it shows that there are one eyed supporters of every club who are all totally convinced, as are many on here, that their club is especially hard done by when it comes to umpiring or even worse, victims of deliberate umpire/AFL bias.
When in fact there is no conspiracy or deliberate attempt to favour anyone. There's only a mind boggling plethora of changes to the rules that are totally confusing and
technology that gives all of us the benefit of watching and assessing in slow motion from different angles when umpires work in real time from one angle and don't get the chance to see an incident over again before coming to a conclusion.

This would be good and true if the umpire pinned McCaffer once just once. The umpires where surely not blind sided or caught out of position for the full two hours as it happened all night. Thats all it takes is one free kick to stop the rot.

Just One

Should be a good game this week - Blues and Saints have statistically received the least free kicks year to date - should be a much more even playing field!!!

Just One Before I Die
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.afl.com.au/stats

Click on the arrow under 'frees for' total

St Kilda is second from the bottom.

felix
Club Player

I don't understand why there are different rules for mids backs forwards , a finger in the back is now a free kick up forward ( anyone see that hawks adelaide game when in the balance a crow defender just ever sno slightly feather touched the hawk forward ...free kick game over ) but a headlock in the middle can be play on ....I'm losing it with these rules.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:It seems pretty clear that unless you publicly challenge these situations nothing changes. Would love to that our president had taken dvds of Friday nights game to the umpires and asked for a explanation as to the treatment of Dal Santo.
Bingo

We don't though

Give Hardwick, Scott bros credit they get right on front foot and if nothing else I am sure umpires must know that any shyte decisions against these guys won't go away quietly in the night...... unlike good ole St Kilda who slink away after another poorly umpired game and say nothing

FFS even last year when replays showed Milne did not interfere with Harry O (which cost the game) we STILL said zip

We are piss weak IMO and trying to hard to be AFL compliant...in the hope they throw us a bone or 2 along the way

“Yeah….nah””