Chris Yarran

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Chris Yarran

word on the street is he's on the outer with Mick Malt "liar liar pants on fire" heard this on Sports today last night.

Guy is great, fast skillful, i know he's older then what we would want but i could see him fit in real well with us.. Worth going for him if he's looking to leave the SCUM?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Re: Chris Yarran

no one?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

No way could we compete if he was on the market...

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SainterK wrote:No way could we compete if he was on the market...
good point. if he did go in what do you think it would cost to get him?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Saints94
SS Life Member

Thought we had a no d**khead policy?

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

No more rejects.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Very classy player and still young. I'd take him in a heart beat. I reckon he'd be more inclined to head back to Perth though.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he would prob play for half pay to be at the WCE alongside NicNat ... he wont go anywhere in my opinion especially not to us

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
spert
Saintsational Legend

Smart recruiting is the only way we will go ahead, and the only players we should be recruiting are strong mids and big backmen.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

If he does leave it will be to a club with more MONEY and RESOURCES than us.

All these threads about we should chase this guy or that guy are pointless we cannot compete on the open market.
The system is set up for the richer clubs to take advantage of the poorer clubs.

Name one occassion where a player has left a rich club to go to a poor club unless either ridiculous sums of money were involved or the richer club were not that concerned about losing the player.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

SinCitySainter wrote:
Name one occassion where a player has left a rich club to go to a poor club unless either ridiculous sums of money were involved or the richer club were not that concerned about losing the player.
Aaron Hamill

Fortius Quo Fidelius
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Yep, I'd take him...could be Peter Matera in the right environment

Nee!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:
SinCitySainter wrote:
Aaron Hamill
In exchange for pick 4 and a player. And I'm pretty sure Aaron would have been on pretty damn good coin at St Kilda.

The only players we should be targeting are those who are out of contract and can bend their previous club over (ala Luke Ball) or free agents. If we can snare an out of contract young gun from an expansion team without giving up too much, fantastic. Otherwise we just need to cheaply recruit a player like Brown to play FB and focus on getting the most out of our draft picks.

Apples
Club Player

We could have had Dayle Garlett with our last pick in the 2012 draft if we wanted to take a risk, he was expected to go in the top 15 but clubs were put off by behavourial issues. It seems like he has matured but the horse might have bolted. I'm tipping a club with a strong discipline record will take him relatively early in this years draft.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Smart recruiting is the only way we will go ahead, and the only players we should be recruiting are strong mids and big backmen.
Strong is a good word. Strong mids, strong forwards, strong backmen. They MUST have strong character or proven leadership qualities if they are kids make sure they're kids with strong minds. E.g. Draft picks who have been captains in their junior footy

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Does any body watch footy before commenting. He's hardly a risk. He's a guy with a grade potential and a high draft pick that is already a walk up start in every other team. He's young and has 10 years of good footy left. If he goes he nominates with a price in the preseason draft where the Saints will have a top 4 pick. Plenty of cap space, West Aussie, gun with further scope and massive pace. Why the hell would you not go after him?

kimberly saint
Club Player

gringo wrote:Does any body watch footy before commenting. He's hardly a risk. He's a guy with a grade potential and a high draft pick that is already a walk up start in every other team. He's young and has 10 years of good footy left. If he goes he nominates with a price in the preseason draft where the Saints will have a top 4 pick. Plenty of cap space, West Aussie, gun with further scope and massive pace. Why the hell would you not go after him?
spot on. Has he ever been in trouble before of field ??? hardly call spitting dummy for not starting a huge ordeal

gringo
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
gringo wrote:Does any body watch footy before commenting. He's hardly a risk. He's a guy with a grade potential and a high draft pick that is already a walk up start in every other team. He's young and has 10 years of good footy left. If he goes he nominates with a price in the preseason draft where the Saints will have a top 4 pick. Plenty of cap space, West Aussie, gun with further scope and massive pace. Why the hell would you not go after him?
spot on. Has he ever been in trouble before of field ??? hardly call spitting dummy for not starting a huge ordeal

If Mick malthouse was my coach I'd have a hissy fit every game. It actually improves his standing in my eyes.

Spud02
Club Player

Downhill skier, like many of his current team mates. No thanks.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Smart recruiting is the only way we will go ahead, and the only players we should be recruiting are strong mids and big backmen.
agreed - hes a bit hit n miss for me......looks great when all going well but not sure hes going to lift you when they aren't

just get quality youth in.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
agreed - hes a bit hit n miss for me......looks great when all going well but not sure hes going to lift you when they aren't

just get quality youth in.

I'm not saying don't use our top picks just you would need your head read to not take him if he nominated for a trade via the preseason or national draft. He's still a kid there is so much improvement in him it's not funny. He will be an A grader at minimum in 2 years possibly a super star. Sydney will mysteriously fit him in the cap and everyone willwonder where they find these stars.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Gee it's funny how this stuff all works. Jumping at shadows me thinks.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Yarran will be going home to West Coast so Carlton can get Josh Kennedy back!!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Scollop wrote:
Strong is a good word. Strong mids, strong forwards, strong backmen. They MUST have strong character or proven leadership qualities if they are kids make sure they're kids with strong minds. E.g. Draft picks who have been captains in their junior footy
I cannot believe how many cliches that are in the above post.

These men are 18 and 19 years old, how on earth do they have a strong anything?

Leadership, character (WTF is that anyway?), minds?

The only way you find out is finding out through time. Simple.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Apples wrote:We could have had Dayle Garlett with our last pick in the 2012 draft if we wanted to take a risk, he was expected to go in the top 15 but clubs were put off by behavourial issues. It seems like he has matured but the horse might have bolted. I'm tipping a club with a strong discipline record will take him relatively early in this years draft.

Still a very big risk if the draft was tomorrow maybe a strong club late pick or even rookie, especially with the bikies in club stuff occurring at the moment but he may change it around by the end of the year