Changes for nest week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Changes for nest week

Out : TDL Murdoch Stanley
In: Simpkin Webster Ross

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes for nest week

Out Milera TDL
In Webster Wright

Munga
Saintsational Legend

out:
milera
tdl
murdoch
saunders

IN:
dunell
simpkin
shenton
white

Structures might not be the best, but based on today's game I'd like to these guys come in next week. Although Watters mentioned Webster and Ross might come back in, they didn't light my fire today.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
howlinwolf
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Out Milera TDL
In Webster Wright
I'm with you here SainterK.
Looks pretty right to me. very low return from these two outs and some effort from the two ins.

Robert Harvey's last home game. 24 Aug 2008
StKilda 13.17 def Adelaide 6.11
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

I think Jimmy Gwilt could do with a run at Sandy too, just quietly. I know he is doing a difficult role at the moment, but he was terrible tonight.
Curren got a bit of it from what I saw of Sandy on TV too. Could he get a go, do you think?

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintbob
SS Life Member

OUT
Milera
TDL
Gwilt
NDS

IN
Webster
Dunnell
Simpkin
Ledger

gringo
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I think Jimmy Gwilt could do with a run at Sandy too, just quietly. I know he is doing a difficult role at the moment, but he was terrible tonight.
Curren got a bit of it from what I saw of Sandy on TV too. Could he get a go, do you think?

i thought Gwilt was good despite struggling to contain a bigger opponent he did some great assertive rebounding. His only weapon is standing next to a taller opponent and using his hip to unbalance them. With out Fisher he has to do the undersized KP backman role. I'm not sure Simpkin would have been able to do more.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:I think Jimmy Gwilt could do with a run at Sandy too, just quietly. I know he is doing a difficult role at the moment, but he was terrible tonight.
Jimmy Gwilt hurt his foot pretty bad (rolled ankle?) very early in the Freo game and may have had a jab to get him through. I suspect it may have still been a bit tender yesterday !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We really need midfielders who can go forward and kick goals or small forwards who can take their turn in the midfield. That would suggest that Ledger & Curran should be considered to replace TDL & Milera !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

lloyd21
Club Player

:D :) :D :D Gwilt been poor for 6 weeks would think Simpkin would get chance

Webster Dunnell in Milera TDL out

Stanley in ruck rest McEvoy play Hickey with him in ruck

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote::D :) :D :D Gwilt been poor for 6 weeks would think Simpkin would get chance

I thought Jimmy was showing a bit for a couple of weeks before the Freo game, but then again the memory isn't as good as it used to be !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote::D :) :D :D Gwilt been poor for 6 weeks would think Simpkin would get chance

So we are dropping ben because Stanley isnt playing well in other positions. I never get those thoughts.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd suggest that Rhys Stanley's confidence is just about shot about now. Do we? 1. Persist with him. 2. Drop him to the VFL to find form & confidence. or 3. Rest him for a week !!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So we are dropping ben because Stanley isnt playing well in other positions. I never get those thoughts.

I would think we are dropping Ben because he hasn't been very good lately and Hickey had the better game. Rhys is a better second ruck as he offers more options around the ground.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I would think we are dropping Ben because he hasn't been very good lately and Hickey had the better game. Rhys is a better second ruck as he offers more options around the ground.

Has Stanley been good lately and wasnt Ben in the best last week or the week before? You stick up for all thes average footballers but are quite keen to drop ben.

lloyd21
Club Player

McEvoy is injured has been for 2 months (foot) only due to Hickey also being injured he has been playing with courage.

They need to rebuild Stanley's confidence in playing a role he knows at the minute.

Have to look after McEVOY

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:McEvoy is injured has been for 2 months (foot) only due to Hickey also being injured he has been playing with courage.

They need to rebuild Stanley's confidence in playing a role he knows at the minute.

Have to look after McEVOY

I havent heard anyone say he is injured? Is it common knowledge?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Has Stanley been good lately and wasnt Ben in the best last week or the week before? You stick up for all thes average footballers but are quite keen to drop ben.

Ben is still a developing ruckman and I would simply reward the better of the two static rucks. Stanley can be thrown around the ground as he offers more dimensions to his game than ruck work. Stanley is incredibly mobile for his size and can play as in several positions.The others can't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Has Stanley been good lately and wasnt Ben in the best last week or the week before? You stick up for all thes average footballers but are quite keen to drop ben.

Ben is still a developing ruckman and I would simply reward the better of the two static rucks. Stanley can be thrown around the ground as he offers more dimensions to his game than ruck work. Stanley is incredibly mobile for his size and can play as in several positions.The others can't.

Well the better of the 2 is Ben or do we now make decision after only one game. Joey may be dropped this week if that is the case. And I know Stanley is mobile. he is also playing terribly at the moment.

lloyd21
Club Player

It is to the club doctor

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Well the better of the 2 is Ben or do we now make decision after only one game. Joey may be dropped this week if that is the case. And I know Stanley is mobile. he is also playing terribly at the moment.

maybe we should send Big Mac down back and have him as a FB and see if he goes better than Stanley. I'm sure Rhys won't mind.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

maybe we should send Big Mac down back and have him as a FB and see if he goes better than Stanley. I'm sure Rhys won't mind.

I reckon the sides we play wouldnt mind either. Stanley has been poor lately whether back or forward. We cant play all these talls. Anyone can see that. I think Stanley needs to go back to Sandy to get his confidence up. It looked shot last night.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

Can Stanley really play in other positions or do we just like the idea that he can ?

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Out Milera, TDL, Stanley
In: Webster, Wright, Simpkin

Three outs were so weak last night it made me angry. I have never seen 2 guys drop their heads as much as Milera and TDL and Stanley has just got to work harder, his confidence is shot to pieces.
I would also like to see Curren get a run but not sure which midfielder would miss

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

TDL must go. He had two more handballs, one less kick, two less tackles, than Milera who only played one quarter.
Stanley I believe is our best tap ruckman. He is definitely not a defender, and still has a ,lot to learn as a forward.

My changes for next week,
OUT;- TDL, one of Saunders or Murdoch'
IN:- Dunell, Webster