Steven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Steven

I think we confidently say he is now officially our best player
Should win B &F with Joey 2nd and Roo 3rd.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Steven

He's actually been getting better all year despite getting tight tags now. If he could hit targets in the fwd 50 better would be icing on the cake. Maybe due to exhaustion which he can improve as he gets older.

paulski
Club Player

I'm liking him a lot!

Love how he backs himself, and his work rate is now 1st rate.

I think he'll be something special. :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As I said earlier in the game thread its time to get off the fence. he is nearly elite and will be baring injury next year. Will have to deal with a tag next year though.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 18 Aug 2013 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Jack's form and improvement this year has been our main shining light in a lacklustre season for the Saints.

He is certainly now our No 1 mid.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

He's always had enough attributes to be elite. Pace, endurance, goal sense. I reckon he's elite now. He'd be close to top 10, perhaps top 15 midfielder in the comp.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As I said earlier in the game thread its time to get off the fence. he is nearly elite and will be baring injury next year. Will have to deal with a tag next year though.
his confidence seems to have grown dramatically,
don't think I saw one of those "headless chook" runs and bomb straight to the opposition he used to do.
Like all decent midfielders seems now to be able to create room for himself and time to think!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Gun. Don't think he touched it in the 2nd qtr either, and still nearly had 40. Hope he wins B&F and makes the AA squad. He's made us watchable this year.

Unlike dal has the pace to beat a tag. His like Swan from Collingwood but will be even better I feel.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Work rate.

AND doesn't drop his head if beaten for a time.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Have always rated him. Not sure why anyone ever doubted his abilities as a footballer. Looks like a future captain to me.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Still needs to be more effective to be considered elite..... Does he have a touch of class about what he does??

He is frenetic, a good ball winner, is very offensive.... Needs more hurt factor.....

To work out who is the best player at StK.... Ask yourself who the opposition worry about when playing us?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Still needs to be more effective to be considered elite..... Does he have a touch of class about what he does??

He is frenetic, a good ball winner, is very offensive.... Needs more hurt factor.....

To work out who is the best player at StK.... Ask yourself who the opposition worry about when playing us?

I really think you need to stop finding every little fault in the guy. We all know 5 weeks ago you only classed him as a fair player. We also now you dont know how to say wrrrr. His touch of class is the great pace he has ans surprisingly when he drills the kick it hits a target hard. decision making is the only issue and getting better weekly. And the opposition couldnt give a stuff about him because we are no good. They will when we come good again. Why am I not surprised.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Still needs to be more effective to be considered elite..... Does he have a touch of class about what he does??

If this years rate of improvement continues he will be our first tagged by 2015.
In terms of who the opposition worry about when they play us, I would suggest the answer is NOBODY!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Steven is our best player under 30. I don't think I'd take him over Roo or Joey. He's certainly had a better year than Dal or Lenny.

What's his contract status? As a bottom ager he's only a couple of years off FA.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

You're kidding right? He had 35 touches at 80% DE and you want him to be more effective.

Wanker.

Just admit you were wrong about him and move on. You're embarrassing yourself.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ask yourself who the opposition worry about when playing us?
Ask yourself how many would have the capacity to tag him?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I suggest Nick Riewoldt is the first name that opposition coach even contemplates against us?

Wonder how it would be different as far as output goes, if the defensive work put into both Dal and Jack was swapped over this season??

I think Jack is a very good player.... But the hero worshipping over him is a bit much... If you were to tell an opposition supporter that you consider him elite, they'd laugh at you...

Ablett, Judd, Watson, Pendlebury, Swan, Mitchell, Fyfe, Selwood, Well, Griffen, Jack, Kennedy, Cotchin, Boak, Dangerfield

Would be the 15 elite mids of the AFL

Then there's A Grade
Zaharakis, Swallow, Ziebell, Thompson, Rockliff, Rich, Murphy, Goddard, Mundy, Barlow, Hartlett, Montagna, Steven, Hodge, Hannebury, S.Selwood, Cornes

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

He's a good player in a very poor side. He needs a lot of help.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I suggest Nick Riewoldt is the first name that opposition coach even contemplates against us?

Wonder how it would be different as far as output goes, if the defensive work put into both Dal and Jack was swapped over this season??

I think Jack is a very good player.... But the hero worshipping over him is a bit much... If you were to tell an opposition supporter that you consider him elite, they'd laugh at you...

Ablett, Judd, Watson, Pendlebury, Swan, Mitchell, Fyfe, Selwood, Well, Griffen, Jack, Kennedy, Cotchin, Boak, Dangerfield

Would be the 15 elite mids of the AFL

Then there's A Grade
Zaharakis, Swallow, Ziebell, Thompson, Rockliff, Rich, Murphy, Goddard, Mundy, Barlow, Hartlett, Montagna, Steven, Hodge, Hannebury, S.Selwood, Cornes

Yeop and he has most of those A grade players covered or at least level. Still havent seen anyone say he is elite. 5 weeks ago you said he was a fair player and now he is very good. At this rate he will be elite in your opinion by the end of the season. Still have no idea why you mention Rooy. he is a tall forward and we are talking about our best mid. You are a very sad person. i wonder why? the saints are losing. Surely that is making you sl8ightly happy.

Milne
Club Player

Very big fan of Jack Steven. Keeps getting better and better and actually controls the play and directs through the midfield. Whenever he gives off a handball he is always looking for it back, and he is always hungry to get a goal.

PJ
SS Life Member

Jack is going great guns but I'm not sure why the comparison or knock on Dal. Completely different players and in all seriousness I'd just be appreciating him while we've still got him and hope he stays with us.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lets make sure this absolute gun up and comer stays a Saint.

Based on this year's form he is most likely underpaid.

When it's time for contract renewal pay him the big $$$ which we can considering all the dross on our list.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

noob wrote:Unlike dal has the pace to beat a tag. His like Swan from Collingwood but will be even better I feel.
as long as he doesn't get tatts

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
noob wrote:Unlike dal has the pace to beat a tag. His like Swan from Collingwood but will be even better I feel.
as long as he doesn't get tatts

He already has some.