Gilbo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Gilbo

Think this guy deserves an apology from a fair few of you on here.

Played a excellent game tried his guts out, kicked well, Showed plenty of pressure, was always going 2nd or third up to cover Tiptower... this after a long stint out. He helped a lot and have to say Watters made the right call bringing him back in.

Well done Gilbo.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
FQF
SS Life Member

Re: Gilbo

Concur

stkfc1
Club Player

+1

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Concur

This is a Saints forum. he plays for Richmond.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Take him over Martin any day!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not from me.

I rate him highly.

Not everyone can be an elite kick, not everyone can go to as many contests either.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Certainly deservers an apology from me

now keep making me look foolish Gilbo

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Not from me.

I rate him highly.

Not everyone can be an elite kick, not everyone can go to as many contests either.
Which is exactly why I have Gibo, Jones and Geary all in my best team. All three are competitive beasts that read the play very well...and all are great runners too..

We do however needs to get some better ball users in the team, as it is a major team weakness...but it will not be at the expense of these 3 as they ave too many other good qualities.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fingers
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Take him over Martin any day!
Now you're Cotchin on.

Kickit
Club Player

Be interesting if we have all of Gwilt, Dempster, Gilbert, Roberton, Fisher and a new full back next season.
Would pretty much give us scope to have Gilbert in the midfield, and Dempster tagging.

Just One

[quote="saintsRrising"][quote="SainterK"]Not from me.

I rate him highly.

Not everyone can be an elite kick, not everyone can go to as many contests either.[/quote]

Which is exactly why I have Gibo, Jones and Geary all in my best team. All three are competitive beasts that read the play very well...and all are great runners too..

We do however needs to get some better ball users in the team, as it is a major team weakness...but it will not be at the expense of these 3 as they ave too many other good qualities.[/quote]

Yep, I agree 100% saintsRrising - I was at the game yesterday and whilst CJ turned it over a number of times (not on his lonesome, by the way) he was tough .. in and under, relentless chasing etc. - I thought he had a solid performance. He was instrumental in a lot of the pressure that created Swans turnover in the first half. Ditto for Geary. For all those Dal dissers, thought his first half was great yesterday, although I didn't notice him as much in second half.

Just One Before I Die
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:Be interesting if we have all of Gwilt, Dempster, Gilbert, Roberton, Fisher and a new full back next season.
Would pretty much give us scope to have Gilbert in the midfield, and Dempster tagging.

I think gilbert looks like he's about 5 kgs heavier since his lay off. Maybe he's going to be used more as a KPP at CHB or FB next season. We ned a second Brown type and a developing gorilla junior. Rodda please Bainsey.

lloyd21
Club Player

Agree Rodda Bruce are the types we need

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Kickit wrote:Be interesting if we have all of Gwilt, Dempster, Gilbert, Roberton, Fisher and a new full back next season.

I think gilbert looks like he's about 5 kgs heavier since his lay off. Maybe he's going to be used more as a KPP at CHB or FB next season. We ned a second Brown type and a developing gorilla junior. Rodda please Bainsey.

Would you believe Gilbert shape and weight hasnt changed at all since he last played.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Would you believe Gilbert shape and weight hasnt changed at all since he last played.

How do you know? Did you call him? He looked bigger in the upper body so maybe it's just the away strip.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

How do you know? Did you call him? He looked bigger in the upper body so maybe it's just the away strip.

No i didnt call him but i did text someone else after I read that on here yesterday. I did that because people had the same discussion regarding Lee and someone else.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:Think this guy deserves an apology from a fair few of you on here.

Played a excellent game tried his guts out, kicked well, Showed plenty of pressure, was always going 2nd or third up to cover Tiptower... this after a long stint out. He helped a lot and have to say Watters made the right call bringing him back in.

Well done Gilbo.
+1 more

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No i didnt call him but i did text someone else after I read that on here yesterday. I did that because people had the same discussion regarding Lee and someone else.

Did you text Lenny? Can I have his number I won't tell him you gave it to me. I want to ask him where Armo gets his haircut.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Did you text Lenny? Can I have his number I won't tell him you gave it to me. I want to ask him where Armo gets his haircut.

Wouldnt have a clue what Lenny phone number is. Look it up in the white pages. Im sure its on there. Just give Armo a call yourself. His number is in the white pages.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: No i didnt call him but i did text someone else after I read that on here yesterday. I did that because people had the same discussion regarding Lee and someone else.

Wouldnt have a clue what Lenny phone number is. Look it up in the white pages. Im sure its on there. Just give Armo a call yourself. His number is in the white pages.

Do they still have it? That's almost retro now the old white pages.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Gilbert has some big strengths and some huge weaknesses. It was good to see his spoiling and confidence was up. His kicking was ok, his handballing was awful and his decision making was terrible. He had a couple of Raph-like moments when he ran the ball out of the goalsquare without bouncing it and then stuffed up the simplest of handballs on the boundary line. I think you can afford to have one, maybe two guys in defence with iffy disposal as long as they provide manic pressure and run. We can't play all of Gilbert, Blake, Gwilt and Geary who are all likely to butcher the footy.

I believe we can only have three of Fisher, Dempster, Roberton, Gwilt and Gilbert in the team at any given time, and I'd pick the first three.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Do they still have it? That's almost retro now the old white pages.

Internet white pages. The books are a waste of money.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Not really astounding news. He last played yesterday.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Not really astounding news. He last played yesterday.

Yes but he had a huge breakfast and lunch today as well as an extremely big dinner last night. he also had 15 pots and did weights for 5 hours yet nothing changed. The club was shocked.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Not really astounding news. He last played yesterday.

:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.