TAC Cup Grand Final today.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

TAC Cup Grand Final today.

Not exactly a Saints topic, but it may have Saints stars of the future on display.

The games on this morning, not broadcast on TV but there's an internet stream, radio and phone options.
Go here for more details.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... D=25679407

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: TAC Cup Grand Final today.

1st game back after long injury......................Boyd kicks 3 in first quarter.

saint4life
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Christian Petracca looks a player.
Boyd is good, but is it just because he's so big?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

This stream reminds me of dialup from 10 years ago!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Ben Cavarra is a beauty, morrish medal, all Australian and BOG in the grand final. Natural footballer, great skills, tough as nails, incredibly quick, his hands are exceptional, he never fumbles. The best thing about him is his leadership skills, he's a great kid with the right attitude. But he is only 173cm, he is expected to go late in the draft or rookie list which is ridiculous, should be a top 30 pick.
I would love the saints to take a punt on this kid and get him with our second pick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:Ben Cavarra is a beauty, morrish medal, all Australian and BOG in the grand final. Natural footballer, great skills, tough as nails, incredibly quick, his hands are exceptional, he never fumbles. The best thing about him is his leadership skills, he's a great kid with the right attitude. But he is only 173cm, he is expected to go late in the draft or rookie list which is ridiculous, should be a top 30 pick.
I would love the saints to take a punt on this kid and get him with our second pick.

Why not wait if he is expected to go late. it is very hard for guys that small to play AFL footy these days. They tend to be great TAC cup players but many are never drafted and dont really impact VFL against bigger guys.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Harvey, Crawford, Schnieder, Rodan, Betts, Cousins, Green, Callinan, Mitchell.... All considered small and some drafted later than they should have...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Harvey, Crawford, Schnieder, Rodan, Betts, Cousins, Green, Callinan, Mitchell.... All considered small and some drafted later than they should have...

And i thought you didnt read my posts? Very funny. Yep and what about the many more who dont make it or get drafted? And apart from Harvey who has exceptional speed are any smaller than 173cm?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Bigmart - almost all those blokes you names are at least 178cm tall. Tiny by AFL standards. Most rovers or smalls ie Bartel etc are about 182cm tall. I met Sam Mitchell for the first time ever last week after a hawks training session - he isn't tall but he certainly isn't 173 cm. He also has exceptional hands and core strength. To be that size and have any chance of being effective you either need to be incredibly quick and agile and NEVER fumble. The margin for error is very small with these guys which is why they are often rookie listed.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Moods wrote:Bigmart - almost all those blokes you names are at least 178cm tall. Tiny by AFL standards. Most rovers or smalls ie Bartel etc are about 182cm tall. I met Sam Mitchell for the first time ever last week after a hawks training session - he isn't tall but he certainly isn't 173 cm. He also has exceptional hands and core strength. To be that size and have any chance of being effective you either need to be incredibly quick and agile and NEVER fumble. The margin for error is very small with these guys which is why they are often rookie listed.
That's the thing with Cavarra, he is exceptionally quick, one of the quickest players in the TAC. He also never fumbles and is really hard to tackle. His core strength is very good, can stand in a tackle and still get the ball off. What I do like about him is that he is both an inside and outside midfielder. He ca find his own ball and is brilliant inside but can be devastating on the outside with his speed and execution. Yes he's small but he is very, very good

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

The bloke is likely to grow still.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Goose is king wrote:The bloke is likely to grow still.
Unfortunately I don't think so, his older brother is only about 176 and the rest of the family are all around the same size

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ben kennedy went to the Pies last year and nearly went in the mini draft the year before- 174cm.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Ben kennedy went to the Pies last year and nearly went in the mini draft the year before- 174cm.

yep so what is your point? Has he made it yet?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Brent Harvey

170cm at best...

A couple of cms makes little difference IMO

Football ability is more important IMO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Brent Harvey

170cm at best...

A couple of cms makes little difference IMO

Football ability is more important IMO

Yep so where are all the others because my guess is there are plenty of 175cm and below in the TAC cup. Anyway dont get your point. The OP was about getting a guy in the second round of the draft so I take it from all your blabbering you agree so i will put him down as your second round pick.

Gracie
Club Player

Any thoughts on Daniel McStay who played in defence in the final :?:

#11 – Daniel McStay (193 cm, 86 kg, Key Utility)

Daniel McStay is the ace in the pack for Eastern Ranges. He can play back or forward and influence the game regardless of where he is playing. Against Dandenong in the Qualifying Final he primarily played forward but with Tom Boyd and Michael Apeness in the team, he can also have the reassurance that he will play back without worrying about forward targets. McStay loves to go for a hanger, taking a huge grab over Hugh Goddard and Patrick McCartin last week in one of the marks of the year. He has fantastic athleticism and is one of those guys that could go earlier than expected in the draft due to his versatility.

Gracie

Just beat it. No wants to be defeated