Rumour: Boyd to slip to 3....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

Rumour: Boyd to slip to 3....

BrianSpeaking who seems to have good info, tweeted that GWS will pick Kelly and Berg with the 1 and 2 picks. Don't know if GWS are just trolling but would if available would you pick him?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Andreous
Club Player

Re: Rumour: Boyd to slip to 3....

They missed out on Franklin. They will take Boyd.

supersaints
Club Player

Hope your right , would make this the best saints recruiting ever!!!

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
SuperDuper
Club Player

Makes no sense....

If they were going to let Boyd slip to 3, they could have traded no. 1 pick with the saints!
We made a play for it.....
The could have taken whatever we offered for swapping pick 1 for pick 3, and still got the 2 guys that they want

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

It's an interesting one because if it does happen (and I'm not in the know at all)... given that Boyd is built up to be the KKP of his generation, grabbing Boyd is not negotiable

That does however throw our list balance out of whack

A combination of Hickey, Longer and Stanley potentially playing ruck/forward etc alongside Boyd and Lee doesn't work

Certainly stamps Wilkes' papers though I quite like the guy... doesn't leave much room for White either
Last edited by skeptic on Fri 25 Oct 2013 1:42am, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:Makes no sense....

If they were going to let Boyd slip to 3, they could have traded no. 1 pick with the saints!
We made a play for it.....
The could have taken whatever we offered for swapping pick 1 for pick 3, and still got the 2 guys that they want
yeah but why give us that power. They still get two guys they want, and have all the options right til the end

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

BrianSpeaking is a spud

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Seriously doubtful. That pick could have got them most players in the league, if they didnt want Boyd they would have traded it imo.

Mackaysaint
Club Player

BrianSpeaking does tend to use the scattergun approach in his predictions. Each week there is a new name leaked. Then when the draft arrives he claims he said it first.
Just as long as you discount all the wrong predictions he made. If he is truly "in the know" then we should be pissed off at him leaking information that surely should be kept in house.

There is a chance that Boyd drops to us, but I would not be betting any money on it.

One of Boyd, Kelly and Billings will drop to three and we will take that player, unless all the sour taste about Aish has been a con.

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
SuperDuper
Club Player

Mackaysaint wrote:BrianSpeaking does tend to use the scattergun approach in his predictions. Each week there is a new name leaked. Then when the draft arrives he claims he said it first.
Just as long as you discount all the wrong predictions he made. If he is truly "in the know" then we should be pissed off at him leaking information that surely should be kept in house.

There is a chance that Boyd drops to us, but I would not be betting any money on it.

One of Boyd, Kelly and Billings will drop to three and we will take that player, unless all the sour taste about Aish has been a con.
how do you know we wont take Sharenberg?

Didnt Pelchin say that the top 5 would be Boyd, Kelly, Aish, Sharenberg and Billings.. specifiying that it was in no particular order ...?

I have heard nothing even semi-official that the situation has changed, and we are looking at those 5.. we probably have them ranked.. but I would say more discussion will occur after trade week

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:BrianSpeaking is a spud
He has named 2 different players going at pick 3 within hours of each other

Brian Speaking's initials imply something else

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Grubby Allen from GWS had it pretty clear they were taking him, only speculation was their pick 2
supersaints wrote:Hope your right , would make this the best saints recruiting ever!!!
You mean luck :)

Before Im 85
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Not happening. Makes no sense. Everyone says Boyd is clearly the best and the next 4 are all over the place. What if they pick 2 of the next 4 and they are the worst 2. Boyd is one. Picking 2 is the hard thing.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Devilhead wrote:
He has named 2 different players going at pick 3 within hours of each other

Brian Speaking's initials imply something else
I'll believe it when SS's own Jaxons gives us the rumour. :wink: I still have BS's BS quotes re such and such is signed sealed delivered ringing in my ears (eyes?) from last years trade period... I took it at the time as maybe it was but we didn't get time to deal or something but this year the little war he has with Watters combined with his willingness to simply give us every name under the sun and no actual info means to me that he is no more informed than the next punter on here. Good luck to him and his agendas though. GO SAINTS!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

kosi and didak....

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Also tweeted SW had been sacked 2 weeks ago. BS = Turnip.

Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:kosi and didak....

Exactly!

Could be a mistake that lasts a decade!

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

if GWS werent taking boyd they culd have easily stitched up a trade with us for pick 1. Would have meant they would have gained picks and / or players for 'giving up the boyd pick' when they never wanted him anyway. Doesnt make sense...so unless saints land pick 1 by close today you'd have to say it is bulldust!

#1 Ryder fan
dragit
Saintsational Legend

#STFU_Brian

Mackaysaint
Club Player

SuperDuper wrote:
Mackaysaint wrote:BrianSpeaking does tend to use the scattergun approach in his predictions. Each week there is a new name leaked. Then when the draft arrives he claims he said it first.

how do you know we wont take Sharenberg?

Didnt Pelchin say that the top 5 would be Boyd, Kelly, Aish, Sharenberg and Billings.. specifiying that it was in no particular order ...?

I have heard nothing even semi-official that the situation has changed, and we are looking at those 5.. we probably have them ranked.. but I would say more discussion will occur after trade week
I don't think we are likely to nab Sharenberg simply because the club indicated they were interested in taking three midfielders with our first three picks. Again that may be disinformation, but it makes sense. Our drafting is being done with consideration of the excellent talls coming through in next years draft.

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
Richter
SS Life Member

Brian tweets a mixture of rumours he's heard (and he does have some contacts in the AFL) and his own opinions. That's what Twitter is for. He used to put that stuff up at bf but they took his posts down as being undermining of the club. That doesn't mean that his posts are totally unsubstantiated nor does it mean they are gospel.

As with anyone else it's up to each person to weigh up what he says in accordance with other evidence.

For mine, I simply don't believe that GWS will overlook Boyd at 1/2 simply because they would be able to extract so much for #1 in a trade from another club that would want Boyd. Ourselves, Carlton, the Bulldogs, Collingwood (and others) would all give up a 1st round pick and an established player for Boyd.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:BrianSpeaking who seems to have good info, tweeted that GWS will pick Kelly and Berg with the 1 and 2 picks. Don't know if GWS are just trolling but would if available would you pick him?
I very much doubt Boyd will slip to 3.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

.....I still don't understand why people seem to think there's any chance of this kid slipping to pick 3, it's not happening, he's clearly the #1 pick!!!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The Saintsational Man wrote:.....I still don't understand why people seem to think there's any chance of this kid slipping to pick 3, it's not happening, he's clearly the #1 pick!!!

Well Kosi did slip to No.2 :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Get his manager to remove all images from the internet.

He'll slip :wink: