Coaching Carousel 2014

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Coaching Carousel 2014

who is where doing what....
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-29/whos-in-charge

but they obviously didn't check saints.com.au
for staffing or news items and updates...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaching Carousel 2014

Another superb example of the incredibly high standards set by those who write about the AFL.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:who is where doing what....

That would require some effort and intellect.

Not possible at this time of the year

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

they're ruthlessly all over the facts to describe 2013 as a horror year for the saints but are about two weeks behind on what coaches we've got.
suspect they will write an article or two next week;
RICHARDSON'S APPOINTMENT CATASTROPHIC KNOCK ON EFFECT WITH SUNRISE PRESENTER'S REGULARITY - CHAOS!
SAINTS COACH TASKS JOLLY TO FIX MOORABBIN BUT JOLLY INJURED - RUCKUS!
2.6 MILLION HORROR SHOW NIGHTMARE COACHES UNAPPOINTED BUT BURNT DWARF REMAINS FOUND UNDER MOORABBIN MEMBERS SEATING - SPANDAU BALLET!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Megamaguire
Club Player

It's summer but the old script is used to sell a few more papers.
One good thing about the 'horror year' it is just about over on the calender.
If the new board is in the right brain space then they'll improve things for the short and long term fairly quickly and if they are really good we'll get a better deal for St,Kilda reg: The DOME. Fingers crossed!
Also AR is hopefully laying good foundations in place for our future.
The positives could be beginning to sprout quietly and as yet unnoticed and it is on this possibility that I am focused on.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Megamaguire wrote:It's summer but the old script is used to sell a few more papers.
If the new board is in the right brain space then they'll improve things for the short and long term fairly quickly and if they are really good we'll get a better deal for St,Kilda reg: The DOME. Fingers crossed!
The positives could be beginning to sprout quietly and as yet unnoticed and it is on this possibility that I am focused on.

GO SAINTS!
I hope AR is laying some good foundations for the future, but, it doesn't seem that long ago when i thought SW was laying some some good foundations for the future and look
how that ended. Very hard to predict how it will pan out, AR may end up as our longest serving, most successful coach. Surely, one day, someone will claim that title, maybe AR can do it.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Megamaguire wrote:It's summer but the old script is used to sell a few more papers.

GO SAINTS!
I hope AR is laying some good foundations for the future, but, it doesn't seem that long ago when i thought SW was laying some some good foundations for the future and look
how that ended. Very hard to predict how it will pan out, AR may end up as our longest serving, most successful coach. Surely, one day, someone will claim that title, maybe AR can do it.
no one knows how AR is going to go, considering how most of us felt about Scott Watters in the beginning.

fingers and toes crossed.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

GO SAINTS!
no one knows how AR is going to go, considering how most of us felt about Scott Watters in the beginning.

I've got even more than that crossed. :wink:

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

GO SAINTS!

Scott Watters time wasn't wasted and we have fast tracked several young men who look good and have Steven, Roberton and Armo as good players developed to a high level under his watch. It all ended in tears but wasn't all bad either.

Heidelberg_Saint
Club Player

I emailed this very point to AFL.com.au last week, suffice to say, crickets!!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Heidelberg_Saint wrote:

I emailed this very point to AFL.com.au last week, suffice to say, crickets!!

Obviously still on Xams holidays

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the carousel continues

note differance between Sus reaction and Ports

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-10/p ... richardson

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

just on that ... i think there was a lot to like when Scotty started for a couple of key reasons

Firstly most of us were still feeling burnt by Ross leaving so we perhaps jumped on the SW bandwagon earlier than we would normally

secondly after the lyon era of the "bubble" SW came in and the doors to the club seemed to be sprung open this drew some who felt shut out by the club into the support of Scotty

thirdly the media were all over Scotty , he was a good media performer and after the years of Lyon speaking in cryptic code Scott gave simple and to the point answers the media loved it and to us fans it looked like we might get a favourable slant from the media with Scotty

and last but not least we still had hope that we could squeeze one more shot out of this group before we needed to do the full rebuild as fans we wanted this to be true to the point where we developed a almost immediate shine to the new coach

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
saintly wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

just on that ... i think there was a lot to like when Scotty started for a couple of key reasons

Firstly most of us were still feeling burnt by Ross leaving so we perhaps jumped on the SW bandwagon earlier than we would normally

secondly after the lyon era of the "bubble" SW came in and the doors to the club seemed to be sprung open this drew some who felt shut out by the club into the support of Scotty

thirdly the media were all over Scotty , he was a good media performer and after the years of Lyon speaking in cryptic code Scott gave simple and to the point answers the media loved it and to us fans it looked like we might get a favourable slant from the media with Scotty

and last but not least we still had hope that we could squeeze one more shot out of this group before we needed to do the full rebuild as fans we wanted this to be true to the point where we developed a almost immediate shine to the new coach
And to think all this time he was just polishing a turd

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Alan Richardson was the last senior coach appointed, taking the reins at St Kilda in October
He was appointed in November, not October!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!