Armo aiming for improvement- age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Armo aiming for improvement- age

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armo aiming for improvement- age

Interesting dig at SW saying he wasn't pushing them to the limit during last year's off season. Either that or the players had already detached themselves from the coach and weren't giving it their all.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Had one of these articles on Armo for the last 7 odd years....

Will these articles still be written when he is 31?

Hallalj#3
Club Player

There are few certainties in life, Death, washing & Armo talking about improving on the eve of the season is becoming another..

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Armitage has improved every year... So his articles have come to fruition generally

He should have played more under Ross, that's obvious given most who filled the bottom six in those years, are now gone for a reason.... They had/have far less talent.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Armitage has improved every year... So his articles have come to fruition generally

He should have played more under Ross, that's obvious given most who filled the bottom six in those years, are now gone for a reason.... They had/have far less talent.

He did play 12 in his second year. Obviously wasnt doing as required in his third year. That maybe is helping him know as he may have learnt what is required to improve every year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure the comment,

But it'd be defending Lyon, and excusing his lack of development.....

Lyon drafted ready made 24-27yo hacks or played limited ability role players and didn't trust talented kids... It was his downfall in the end?

Armo was eating Nandos at southland 7pm on the night of the GF with his Missus.... His contested style in a GF would've been nice...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure the comment,

Lyon drafted ready made 24-27yo hacks or played limited ability role players and didn't trust talented kids... It was his downfall in the end?

Armo was eating Nandos at southland 7pm on the night of the GF with his Missus.... His contested style in a GF would've been nice...

Thats funny. I saw him at the after match that night. By the way you had a chance to pick him in your side that year in the GF but you didnt. You suggested maybe one change and that was Geary in for Eddy. By the way Schneider, Dempster, Ray, King and MG say hello to you.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Hallalj#3 wrote:There are few certainties in life, Death, washing & Armo talking about improving on the eve of the season is becoming another..

Death, taxes, plugger making an ass of bigmart, & plugger being a relentless twat.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:There are few certainties in life, Death, washing & Armo talking about improving on the eve of the season is becoming another..

Death, taxes, plugger making an ass of bigmart, & plugger being a relentless twat.

And you wasting your time typing what everyone knows.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

<edited by mod...attacks not needed>

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Are you responding to what you think P66 might have said?

If you are going to ignore someone, ignore them. Don't use it as an excuse to go on a rant on one of your pet topics.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure how a personae who masquerades around fan sights with utter bulls*** can make an ass of anyone?

Ignored by many for a reason

How would know im ignorned by many? Do you have meetings about me. If you do its a bit sick. having said that if that comment came from someone who is respected with his views on here I may take a little notice of it. Im not sure if you are ignorned by many on here as I dont ask people. I can safely say though many think your opinions lack a fair bit. I get that from reading and not PMing people. i guessing you do that because I dont think we can find out who other have on ignore here. By the way I think Beekay said it beautifilly.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I find it interesting, how he still responds like clockwork to EVERYONE of my posts... Unless of course he is suspended....

I keep him going for a bit?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yeah a player that's taken 7 years to develop should have been a lock in his third year.

You're confusing his performance now with then.

Downfall? Freo nearly pinched the grand final last year. St Kilda has had a downfall - not Lyon.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

and didn't trust talented kids... It was his downfall in the end?

Rubbish....he just had a terrible drafting department that was not sourcing talented kids.

We had a decade of higher ladder placings which did not help...but biggest problem was an underperforming recruiting department compared to better drafting clubs.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I expect Armo and Stanley to be the big improvers this year. Armo should be around the 100 games mark now and so his consistency should improve. He was BOG a few times last year so if he gets another 4 of those he will have pushed up into the elite level. Steven and Armo should be the next lot of Saints superstars for the generation coming through now. I think Armo gets knocked because he came on a bit slower than expected and now people only see his quiet ones.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:I expect Armo and Stanley to be the big improvers this year. Armo should be around the 100 games mark now and so his consistency should improve. He was BOG a few times last year so if he gets another 4 of those he will have pushed up into the elite level. Steven and Armo should be the next lot of Saints superstars for the generation coming through now. I think Armo gets knocked because he came on a bit slower than expected and now people only see his quiet ones.
Agreed I reckon AR will really challenge these two to step it up and carry us forward!

Something I noticed with Armo is that he throws himself off his feet too regularly, if he can keep his feet and stay in the contest he would add far more value!

Stanley needs to find some mongrel and a real hunger for the ball - this year his half arsed attempts shouldnt be tolerated.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

Yeah a player that's taken 7 years to develop should have been a lock in his third year.

You're confusing his performance now with then.

Downfall? Freo nearly pinched the grand final last year. St Kilda has had a downfall - not Lyon.
Yeah Dempster as a forward was a much better choice

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I expect Armo and Stanley to be the big improvers this year. Armo should be around the 100 games mark now and so his consistency should improve. He was BOG a few times last year so if he gets another 4 of those he will have pushed up into the elite level. Steven and Armo should be the next lot of Saints superstars for the generation coming through now. I think Armo gets knocked because he came on a bit slower than expected and now people only see his quiet ones.
If this happens, then within 2years we'll be pushing top 4