Can't believe people target those who give a stuff....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Can't believe people target those who give a stuff....

And seemingly miss those that don't?

Nobody individually to blame for that loss, stupid reactionary threads with emotive silly sentiments given there will be a few more losses this year.

I simply want guys to run out and pay for the jumper.

Which is why I can't with good conscious even bag Maister.

I'm way more irritated with those who don't appear to care.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can't believe people target those who give a stuff....

Couldn't have this been posted in the other thread?

Maister should not play seniors for our club again.

He has had four games and is just not up to it.

Lee MUST be brought in for him.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
derby Street
Club Player

SainterK wrote:And seemingly miss those that don't?

Nobody individually to blame for that loss, stupid reactionary threads with emotive silly sentiments given there will be a few more losses this year.

Let me guess Sainter K .... ? Ping your usual scapegoat and then excuse your pet. :shock:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I do think that our selectors are too conservative, and reluctant to play the youngsters. Otherwise why would Maister still be getting a game in front of :Lee, and Billings playing for Sandy after five goals last week?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think what K is getting at is that we shouldn't be pointing the finger at the obvious players who have struggled as of late. Overall, a very poor performance by the team. Hard to think of even a handful of players who showed much today.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Having a sook because Geary is finally being seen for the very average footballer that he really is, so start an ambiguous thread in defence?

So you can't with a good conscious bag Maister? Might as well start a good bloke/tries hard team, we'd be top of the ladder.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:

Let me guess Sainter K .... ? Ping your usual scapegoat and then excuse your pet. :shock:
Am I suppose to blush?

I won't.

JB you missed my point, Maister should and will not play again, but at least he tried.

I guess I could of added it to another thread, but why all the whinging about lack of traffic and then pay me out for starting a thread.

It won't hurt, don't read it if it offends you I started another one.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Having a sook because Geary is finally being seen for the very average footballer that he really is, so start an ambiguous thread in defence?

So you can't with a good conscious bag Maister? Might as well start a good bloke/tries hard team, we'd be top of the ladder.
Actually my thread is having a go at Rhys.

But carry on.

I can sook if I like.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
derby Street wrote:

Am I suppose to blush?

I won't.

JB you missed my point, Maister should and will not play again, but at least he tried.

I guess I could of added it to another thread, but why all the whinging about lack of traffic and then pay me out for starting a thread.

It won't hurt, don't read it if it offends you I started another one.
So who didn't try i your opinion?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
derby Street
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Having a sook because Geary is finally being seen for the very average footballer that he really is, so start an ambiguous thread in defence?

But carry on.

I can sook if I like.
Surprise surprise - bagging Rhys. Yet if anyone bags Geary you do sook. Move on.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

You have to be kidding. With disgraceful and indirect delivery to him and the other forwards Stanley actually had a pretty fare game today.

Applied quite a few good spoils too.

Nice mark in the first quarter showed that he is starting to learn to use his body.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:

You have to be kidding. With disgraceful and indirect delivery to him and the other forwards Stanley actually had a pretty fare game today.

Applied quite a few good spoils too.

Nice mark in the first quarter showed that he is starting to learn to use his body.
Agreed. Wasn't the worst on the ground and if SainterK reckons he wasn't trying she has no idea

Lance or James??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

What's your issue derby?

Rhys needs to go and get some confidence, i certainly don't think exposing him to the Bronx cheering is helping much is it?

I suppose you think I orchestrated that too?

Unlike you, I want guys to do well and make it.

Rhys though, not trying hard enough.

Savage not far behind.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Stanley 13 touches, 9 marks, a goal and a few hitouts. After Roo he was our best tall on the ground. Geary tried hard but he was below average butchering the ball as per usual.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Don't think people are blaming the loss on these players, we would have lost without maister. The issue is pursuing with players that won't show results no matter how much they play while others sit in the stands.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:What's your issue derby?

Rhys needs to go and get some confidence, i certainly don't think exposing him to the Bronx cheering is helping much is it?

I suppose you think I orchestrated that too?

Unlike you, I want guys to do well and make it.

Rhys though, not trying hard enough.

Savage not far behind.
That is a clueless statement. Get off his back.

Lance or James??

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I thought Rhys did pretty well. Early on the manned up up tight and he worked into the game. Disgraceful they jeered him.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Careful K,

The forums in a dark mood and the ire will be directed at someone

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

We had many problems today. Midfield was our biggest problem. Along with players all over the field being shoddy with disposal

Richo allowing 33 Brodie Smith to be by himself for most of the day was not good.

Mentally Ii think too many players were basking in our positive start to the season, and did not "turn-up" today. Certainly many did not bring their A-games.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

No one enjoys a flogging like that, but, it is what is going to happen to us every now and then as we rebuild.
Personally, I wasn't confident today, in fact worried something like this would happen, Adelaide wanted to win badly, were much bigger bodied and as quick as we are.
Also factor in last weeks gruelling game in the west, and a lot of our young guys who aren't match hardened yet would come up short.
Adelaide played great footy today, would like to see us play a similar style, it is good to watch, though not quite as good watching it being done to your side.
I wouldn't be making wholesale changes next week. Obviously Wright will be out, that opens the door for Billings or Schneider.
Think Maister should go back to the seconds and give Bruce a go in defence.
If Hickey is fit, he comes in for Longer, even though Longer wasn't bad to day, Hickey is the better option. Hopefully, Richardson can find a way to have both Hickey and Longer in the game and play Rhys on a flank or wing.
Today was a very steep learning curve and a little reality check. Truth be known, the excitement of this year will be seeing the new kids coming on, then the trade and drafting period after the season to see who we recruit.
Our premiership clock is only at about 1am.
The good news, there are a few teams whose premiership clock is at 12.01 am.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote: Our premiership clock is only at about 1am.
We have been rebuilding for 3 years. The Blues are yet to start.

Good signs (though not so much today), but a long way to go

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote: Our premiership clock is only at about 1am.
We have been rebuilding for 3 years. The Blues are yet to start.

Good signs (though not so much today), but a long way to go
The best thing with the Blues is they haven't begun demolishing their list yet.
Lucky for them Brisbane is in an even worse position.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Stanley 13 touches, 9 marks, a goal and a few hitouts. After Roo he was our best tall on the ground. Geary tried hard but he was below average butchering the ball as per usual.
Plus one fake head wobble.

:mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:No one enjoys a flogging like that, but, it is what is going to happen to us every now and then as we rebuild.
Personally, I wasn't confident today, in fact worried something like this would happen, Adelaide wanted to win badly, were much bigger bodied and as quick as we are.
Also factor in last weeks gruelling game in the west, and a lot of our young guys who aren't match hardened yet would come up short.
Adelaide played great footy today, would like to see us play a similar style, it is good to watch, though not quite as good watching it being done to your side.
I wouldn't be making wholesale changes next week. Obviously Wright will be out, that opens the door for Billings or Schneider.
If Hickey is fit, he comes in for Longer, even though Longer wasn't bad to day, Hickey is the better option. Hopefully, Richardson can find a way to have both Hickey and Longer in the game and play Rhys on a flank or wing.
Today was a very steep learning curve and a little reality check. Truth be known, the excitement of this year will be seeing the new kids coming on, then the trade and drafting period after the season to see who we recruit.
Couldn't have put it better meself 3gs. Spot on. Everyone was flat today. Every single player. You could almost feel the lactic acid in their legs stopping them implementing Richo's high intensity pressure style that has worked brilliantly for the first 3 games. Crows run and spread just cut us apart (they are flat track bullies and will probably lose next week). We've have seen amazing effort 3 out of 4 weeks, overcoming a lack of talent, skills and big bodies. Players could just not do it this week after the gruelling perth trip. I'll take being at 2 and 2 any day.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:No one enjoys a flogging like that, but, it is what is going to happen to us every now and then as we rebuild.
Couldn't have put it better meself 3gs. Spot on. Everyone was flat today. Every single player. You could almost feel the lactic acid in their legs stopping them implementing Richo's high intensity pressure style that has worked brilliantly for the first 3 games. Crows run and spread just cut us apart (they are flat track bullies and will probably lose next week). We've have seen amazing effort 3 out of 4 weeks, overcoming a lack of talent, skills and big bodies. Players could just not do it this week after the gruelling perth trip. I'll take being at 2 and 2 any day.

WCE and Saints got beaten by a combined 161 points this round. Last week took it out of both teams I think

Lance or James??