Sam fisher in the bo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Sam fisher in the bo

Far more interested in his twitter / Instagram than supporting / watching his team

#1 Ryder fan
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sam fisher in the bo

Yeah I saw that. Didn't think anything of it until they went there again and he and Gilbert were doing exaclty the same thing. Compare the the look of the COllingwood players in the stand. I found it disappointing.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I really hope it was just the same piece of footage played again.

They showed the boys 3 times - every time Fisher was checking the odds on race 7...

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Funny i thought fisher was recording the game or something that was going on in the game

Gilbert wasnt watching but gwilt was
And they werent in the coaches box.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Just watched the replay & watching the Smartphone Sams in the last quarter was very disappointing. Complete lack of interest by a couple of senior players who should of been concentrating on their club mates as they were getting smashed. What encouragement or constructive advice could they give their team mates? Other than how to post on twitter #selfabsorbed!!!

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Yeah agree ,the missus is a journalist and said to me what a terrible look it was especially for a side getting done by that much,disinterested,self absorbed they both need a kick up the arse!And yes I know they may have been doing something worthwhile but the appearance they gave was bloody ordinary and reflected a 100 point thrashing and unprofessional attitude !

PADDLEPOP1000
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Yeah agree ,the missus is a journalist and said to me what a terrible look it was especially for a side getting done by that much,disinterested,self absorbed they both need a kick up the arse!And yes I know they may have been doing something worthwhile but the appearance they gave was bloody ordinary and reflected a 100 point thrashing and unprofessional attitude !

In their defence AR was speaking to both of them on the phone to see when they are available.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

watched the replay this morning...one of the commentators said that they should have had some of the younger players around them teaching them what to do..or not to do......imho those two couldn't teach a three year old to pee in a pot.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
sackers5
Club Player

Fisher has been far from the model citizen throught his career ... Well known for his after hours form and there is a strong possibility he has played his last game for the saints ....

But I saw a photo of him a couple of weeks ago in a Sandi tracksuit giving encouragement to young players at a quarter time huddle, I don't think he is under any obligation contractual or otherwise to do that. So fair go ....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

sackers5 wrote:Fisher has been far from the model citizen throught his career ... Well known for his after hours form and there is a strong possibility he has played his last game for the saints ....

But I saw a photo of him a couple of weeks ago in a Sandi tracksuit giving encouragement to young players at a quarter time huddle, I don't think he is under any obligation contractual or otherwise to do that. So fair go ....
So he should. There's more to life than partying.

He also needs more sleep. His eyes are bloodshot.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Wow, its all about the look isn't it.
They were watching the game and had phones in their hands, OMG.
Don't worry that Sam was at an Auskick clinic this morning at 9am engaging the kids and promoting the club…
FOcus on the areas that count.

OdieCalodie
Club Player

Unfortunately perception is everything, particularly with people in the public eye. When the potential gaze of a national tv audience is on you, you have a responsibility to present an engaged and supportive image for the club, its brand and yourself.

You represent the club. Whether you're on the ground trying your guts out or sitting in the stands. You are at work, so show some respect to your colleagues and employers - our club.

I am a media professional and I can tell you now that not even 1 shot, let alone 3 shots of any player not paying attention while their team mates are being thrashed is acceptable.

The image says disinterested senior players. Not good for a club struggling for supporters and sponsors.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Perception is not everything, only media types ply that line.
Substance is below the surface, somewhere the media can't and don't look.
Can't stomach the words media and professional in the same sentence.

PJ
SS Life Member

Interestingly Sam was on MMM doing an interview pre game and said the he felt he still had a few seasons left in him so clearly he doesn't think he's going anywhere. He also said his toe is great after the same surgery as Lleyton Hewitt and that there was an identified tendon issue along with his hamstring which is why he needs the extra time and that he was on track for 3 weeks to go. He sounded pretty positive.

Public image is important but I think we can cut him a bit of slack, the media certainly don't.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
luc1966
Club Player

They showed footage of him and the boys three times over five minutes give him a break he may have been riding the bumps in the first half

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

what is bo?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
PJ
SS Life Member

Botox? Tai-bo?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:Wow, its all about the look isn't it.
They were watching the game and had phones in their hands, OMG.
Don't worry that Sam was at an Auskick clinic this morning at 9am engaging the kids and promoting the club…
FOcus on the areas that count.

It is all about the look.

And the difference is doing the right thing when you don't have...e.g. easy to go to AUSKICK when you are scheduled by the club to be there. Harder to take an interest in your team mates when you think nobody is watching you.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Maverick perception is everything especially with our club at the moment!They were showing no interest in the game or their teammates!FFS 120 mins to be off a phone and look at a game fair go,and that is the differance between people who care about their team and teammates and others who are disinterested!

PADDLEPOP1000
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

anyone feeling the negative about the Sam's actions - try and have a look at their instagram to see what they were posting?

what we are desperate for as a club is Sponsors

if you check their instagram they were with Sponsors- or possible sponsors-- it's part of the job description of AFL footballers these days... promoting and giving attendance to sponsors..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
PJ
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:anyone feeling the negative about the Sam's actions - try and have a look at their instagram to see what they were posting?

if you check their instagram they were with Sponsors- or possible sponsors-- it's part of the job description of AFL footballers these days... promoting and giving attendance to sponsors..
Cheers Brat good to hear. Found guilty way too early.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:anyone feeling the negative about the Sam's actions - try and have a look at their instagram to see what they were posting?

Well, how's that perception thing now.
How dare he do that

OdieCalodie
Club Player

The director went to those shots because it feeds into an existing narrative of our club.

The huge battle we face is changing the public face of the club.

They may have only looked at their phones those three times in the whole match but they were shown. Were any of Collingwood players shown on their phones too? They may have been on them all match but we never saw it because Collingwood doesn't have the perception that the club is one step from disaster. Unfortunately we do.

Images speak volumes. 500,000 TV viewers don't know they were instagramming for the club and never will. All they saw was disinterest and thought typical St Kilda. That's what I can't stand and that drives me crazy.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

OdieCalodie
The director went to those shots because it feeds into an existing narrative of our club.
agree Odie and it annoys me no heck- the repetitive going back to it would maybe have been fed of the Commentators ( my tape didn't work so haven't seen the vision }
But BT loves to make those sorts of ' fun/ topical statements- ala the garage boy/ Lorne boy/ etc and tries to make them signature statements.

Sam and Sam could be studying law or medicine or Economics in their spare time-- One of our players is doing a Scienc degree- but does anybody find out about that...
we may or may not be supporting mroe charities than Collingwood but they stand out side their training venue with a tin rattle and it's front page news.- I wonder how long they stayed out there--

did Chips story about his support of a young boy make headlines ...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dennis Commetti said it all
Sam's worried his handicap has dropped to 2

Seeya