Webster

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StNoodles
Club Player

Webster

Barrett on TFS with a story about Jimmy being drooped but I only caught the tail. What was it about?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Webster

as was alluded to by someone via Big Footy last week
small incident in Tassie during the Bye weekend and leadership group gave him 2 weeks- from AFL team- - available for AFL next week- if selected
Last edited by saintbrat on Thu 05 Jun 2014 11:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Darth Vader
Club Player

Got in a fight in Tassie on bye weekend. Dropped for disciplinary reasons.

StNoodles
Club Player

OK apologies if old news then. Barrett the 'news breaker' must be having a quiet week m.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Called a guys girl friend a fat c$#@ apparently if true according to bigfooty and when the guy came over to shut him up he punched him in the mouth. Both were apparently drunk. A little bit lucky he didn't fall and hit his head or he'd be spending time in gaol.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Called a guys girl friend a fat c$#@ apparently if true according to bigfooty and when the guy came over to shut him up he punched him in the mouth. Both were apparently drunk. A little bit lucky he didn't fall and hit his head or he'd be spending time in gaol.
Are we going to start playing him up forward from next week?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He is an idiot, sorry he was an idiot and cost him time at the saints, who knows what it cost him but deserves all he gets for being stupid just like any other player.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

DAMO'S MASSIVE ST KILDA NEWS

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/aflfooty ... s-june-05/

I almost had a heart attack ... until I pressed play. Good Lord, this just require a whole new definition of "massive".

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He is an idiot, sorry he was an idiot and cost him time at the saints, who knows what it cost him but deserves all he gets for being stupid just like any other player.
P66 it is unlike you to have an outburst like that based on media reports, did you hear something? I suppose if the leadership group gave him weeks then there must be something in it although how do we know that the bloke that Jimmy punched didn't deserve it. Maybe he did but maybe the leadership group expected him to have more restraint (even if provoked)???

Who really knows in this happy clapping club of ours.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He is an idiot, sorry he was an idiot and cost him time at the saints, who knows what it cost him but deserves all he gets for being stupid just like any other player.
P66 it is unlike you to have an outburst like that based on media reports, did you hear something? I suppose if the leadership group gave him weeks then there must be something in it although how do we know that the bloke that Jimmy punched didn't deserve it. Maybe he did but maybe the leadership group expected him to have more restraint (even if provoked)???

Who really knows in this happy clapping club of ours.

No idea if the guy deserved it but thats the lot of a footballer. If he was saying something to him which I beleive happened then Webster has to be better than that and walk away. Sounds unfair but hey Im no footballer and if someone said something stupid to me id walk away. Maybe im scared but I also dont see the point of fighting. He has more reason than me to walk away.

SunburySaint
Club Player

If it was on BigFooty last week I fail to see how this is 'Massive' 'Breaking News'.... Jimmy is an idiot for doing what he did considering his profile, but this happened 2 weeks ago... not exactly breaking news, especially if the club has already dealt with it.

Now lives in Geelong...
Saint wagga
Club Player

Very disappointing for jimmy Webster to be dropped due to disciplinary reasons...I thought one of the best aspects of the year has been the attitude and 'no dickheads' approach from our young players...with so little information to go on, it's impossible to know exactly what to think other than just disappointment and hopefully a hard lesson learned, no one is above team first and the club!! I hope he gets his act together very quickly!!

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

SunburySaint wrote:If it was on BigFooty last week I fail to see how this is 'Massive' 'Breaking News'.... Jimmy is an idiot for doing what he did considering his profile, but this happened 2 weeks ago... not exactly breaking news, especially if the club has already dealt with it.
This is Saintsational here not little zoneball. I don't give a rats toss bag what or wasn't said on there.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes, whacking a bloke whilst pissed is poor... A lot of young men are guilty of doing it. He deserves punishment. Would have been spur of the moment act, in reaction to an incident.... and hopefully regrettable.

Not lighting a dwarf though, which is calculated and insulting

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes, whacking a bloke whilst pissed is poor... A lot of young men are guilty of doing it. He deserves punishment. Would have been spur of the moment act, in reaction to an incident.... and hopefully regrettable.

Not lighting a dwarf though, which is calculated and insulting

It is but the difference is they were doing it to everyone there. It wasnt just the dwarf. Stupid yes but the story isnt quite right. You make it sound like they only did it to him. Pretty sure the dwarf was pretty safe from a bad injury as it was only his shirt. Punching a guy can lead to anythink like the David Hookes incident.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So you are defending the Dwarfe lighting?... And know the circumstances around it? To me, it was unwanted thus an act of bullying... As for not dangerous, not sure how safe it could be?....

The punch, again not sure you know the circumstances. I could lead to serious injury or not? It does happen quite a bit unfortunately when young men and women drink and is generally an emotive and reactionary as I pointed out.

Not sure setting people on fire is that common? Unfortunately bouncers are required at pubs because fights break out on a fairly regular basis.

Or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:So you are defending the Dwarfe lighting?... And know the circumstances around it? To me, it was unwanted thus an act of bullying... As for not dangerous, not sure how safe it could be?....

The punch, again not sure you know the circumstances. I could lead to serious injury or not? It does happen quite a bit unfortunately when young men and women drink and is generally an emotive and reactionary as I pointed out.

Not sure setting people on fire is that common? Unfortunately bouncers are required at pubs because fights break out on a fairly regular basis.

Or are you just arguing for the sake of it?

BM you do this all the time. You lie about what people write to prove a point or just dont read it properly. Who defended the dwarf lighting? I pointed out they did it to nearly everyone at the pub. It wasnt bullying because they did it to nearly everyone at the pub. Yes you could get badly burnt if a person didnt put out the fire but I dont think a person would just let themselves burn. They could obviously control that. Unfortunately no one can control a punch to the head. it could be just your time like david Hookes. And who said burning a person was common. Please at least try and reply to what is written and dont make up things in your head. Im arguing because you made points that were correct but it wasnt the whole story because you wanted to make a point. Something you again did in the above post.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Were you at the pub where it happened?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Were you at the pub where it happened?

No I wasnt. Were you at the footy when Rooy moved like a super rules player? What is the point of the question if it was actually directed at me anyway?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Jimmy did for certain punch someone even if drunk he should be quietly delisted at the end of the season. Plugger is right. One punch can kill. Jimmy is lucky not be unemployed as of now IMO.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:If Jimmy did for certain punch someone even if drunk he should be quietly delisted at the end of the season. Plugger is right. One punch can kill. Jimmy is lucky not be unemployed as of now IMO.
Well if he hit someone he made a mistake that he hopefully will learn from very quickly. It would also be a mistake to delist IMO.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The kid has made a stupid mistake by putting himself in harms way (given the manner in which footballers are treated when out in public by SOME) It is very disappointing, but hopefully Jimmy can learn the lesson, and move on- just as the rest of us should.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
spert
Saintsational Legend

Obviously can't handle himself or the p*ss, so he should just concentrate on footy after he gets a huge kick up the backside form Roo and Lenny.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The incident seems to have been played out as Webster and his girlfriend were sitting on a bench and some guys with their girlfriends walked past. One recognised him and said a few things that Webster rudely dismissed then when they were walking away Webster called one of the girls a fat c#$@. The boyfriend came up to Webster aggravated and Webster punch him splitting his lip. The both of them ere supposedly very drunk.