Gia takes out someone else

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Gia takes out someone else

7 just showed replay of Giansiracusa taking out Polec in a high jumping bump that was eerily reminiscent of the bump that fractured Kosi's skull.

No need to revisit past woes, save for the fact that the commentators were going out of their way to say what a great bloke Gia is ... And then, McCartney: "he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body".

I have no problem with Gia as a player generally, but I should have thought he gets one crack at that as a defence (given, oh, say, having Broken Kosi's Skull).

Compare and contrast ...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-21/ ... s-high-hit

Always loyal
andrewg
Club Player

Re: Gia takes out someone else

He will get three weeks

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Gia is a turd for trying to kill Kosi.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kimberly saint
Club Player

id hardly call gia a thug, wat happened to kosi was really unfortunate . 100 worst acts on footy field in my life, couple that spring to mind plugger destroying cavens head and that cracking hit on ling by powell in practice granny. Poor old kosi had no awareness and was riddled with bad luck :cry:

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:He will get three weeks

Should get that at least. Commentators said, "we know Gia's a ball player and that's not in his game".

Looks to me that it was clear the bloke was going to kick it before he made contact. Gia had no chance of stopping the disposal. But he made no attempt at all to pull up. Kept going and jumped into the bloke high after he kicked it. Penalty will be ameliorated by lack of serious consequence as the bloke got straight up and carried on. Should get 3 or 4 for sure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:
andrewg wrote:He will get three weeks

Should get that at least. Commentators said, "we know Gia's a ball player and that's not in his game".

Looks to me that it was clear the bloke was going to kick it before he made contact. Gia had no chance of stopping the disposal. But he made no attempt at all to pull up. Kept going and jumped into the bloke high after he kicked it. Penalty will be ameliorated by lack of serious consequence as the bloke got straight up and carried on. Should get 3 or 4 for sure.

Havent seen it but if as described by you and how the other player got up he certainly wont get more than a week. With the discounts of 25% for a gulity and 25% for a 6 year clean record he probably will get off.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I think he is a fair player generally…

The Kosi one was terrible, but I highly doubt it was his aim to break a skull or even take Kosi out of the game… the lack of awareness and corresponding protection form Kos was astounding.

The one on Polec didn't appear to have a lot of force to me, but was still a ridiculous thing to do. Frustration boiling over.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He hit Wright early in his career too. He always gets the young guys or people who don't see him coming. Sniper.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Soft little shitty outside player that summed up why the Dogs made the top 4 but couldn't get close to getting the job done

lewdogs
Club Player

His bump on kos was a thug act. Disgusting really.

oldie60
Club Player

He'll probably get off due to the stupid method they assess the act. Player got up finished game, his so called good record, and the simple fact depends how they interpret the damn rule from week to week as they change it to save face. Its plain and simple? Its apparent that they still can't decifer what is a bump and what is a collision.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:Soft little shitty outside player that summed up why the Dogs made the top 4 but couldn't get close to getting the job done
Pot, is that you Kettle?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:Soft little shitty outside player that summed up why the Dogs made the top 4 but couldn't get close to getting the job done
Pot, is that you Kettle?
Ring ring banana phone...lolwut?

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

kimberly saint wrote:id hardly call gia a thug, wat happened to kosi was really unfortunate . 100 worst acts on footy field in my life, couple that spring to mind plugger destroying cavens head and that cracking hit on ling by powell in practice granny. Poor old kosi had no awareness and was riddled with bad luck :cry:
Was that maybe Guerra getting Lingy and Powell taunting his lifeless body?

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sums him up pretty well. Three weeks.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Will (should) be assessed as Reckless Conduct (2), Medium Impact (2), High Contact (2) for six activation points and a level 3 offence. This attracts 325 points on a rough conduct charge.
If he has a good record and takes the early plea this will result in a one week ban with 82.81 points carried over.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Gia is a sniper - picks players off only when they're not looking. He's very much an outside, soft type when the heat is on.
Hope he gets a couple of weeks holiday.

Hold your ground :shock:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SemperFidelis wrote:7 just showed replay of Giansiracusa taking out Polec in a high jumping bump that was eerily reminiscent of the bump that fractured Kosi's skull.

No need to revisit past woes, save for the fact that the commentators were going out of their way to say what a great bloke Gia is ... And then, McCartney: "he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body".

I have no problem with Gia as a player generally, but I should have thought he gets one crack at that as a defence (given, oh, say, having Broken Kosi's Skull).

Compare and contrast ...

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-06-21/ ... s-high-hit

he's a dirty mongrel dog.....apt that he plays for the dullbogs...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:id hardly call gia a thug, wat happened to kosi was really unfortunate . 100 worst acts on footy field in my life, couple that spring to mind plugger destroying cavens head and that cracking hit on ling by powell in practice granny. Poor old kosi had no awareness and was riddled with bad luck :cry:

crap...both were going for the same mark......the f-wit caven was running with the ball behind him..but not looking where he was going...plugger had eyes only for the ball...at the last minute he turned his body and made contact with this forearm to cavens head...the umps originally told plugger at half time he had nothing to worry about....i saw and heard that as it was right in front of me...

...on the other hand that little sniper mongrel dog jumped off the ground and hit kossi off the ball when he wasn't looking...fractured his skull...today the little creep would get weeks.....and plugger would probably get off.....if he was playing for the swans...not the saints...that is

and at least get your players right...powell had nothing to do with it...apart from calling him weak and telling him to get up....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Will (should) be assessed as Reckless Conduct (2), Medium Impact (2), High Contact (2) for six activation points and a level 3 offence. This attracts 325 points on a rough conduct charge.
If he has a good record and takes the early plea this will result in a one week ban with 82.81 points carried over.

Low impact for sure.

kimberly saint
Club Player

stinger wrote:

crap...both were going for the same mark......the f-wit caven was running with the ball behind him..but not looking where he was going...plugger had eyes only for the ball...at the last minute he turned his body and made contact with this forearm to cavens head...the umps originally told plugger at half time he had nothing to worry about....i saw and heard that as it was right in front of me...

...on the other hand that little sniper mongrel dog jumped off the ground and hit kossi off the ball when he wasn't looking...fractured his skull...today the little creep would get weeks.....and plugger would probably get off.....if he was playing for the swans...not the saints...that is

and at least get your players right...powell had nothing to do with it...apart from calling him weak and telling him to get up....
my mistake was not powell, but as for the lockett one ya kidding ya self he would get of. He seen him coming and lined his elbow up with his head , smashed his nose to pieces. I could see the current tribunal letting that one of. Thank for sharing you were at the game and that caven is a f-wit for lining his head up with locketts elbow , you sound very bitter

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Love plugger but dont remember anything you have said.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
stinger wrote:

my mistake was not powell, but as for the lockett one ya kidding ya self he would get of. He seen him coming and lined his elbow up with his head , smashed his nose to pieces. I could see the current tribunal letting that one of. Thank for sharing you were at the game and that caven is a f-wit for lining his head up with locketts elbow , you sound very bitter

stick with what i say.......which you don't appear to understand....but seeing you were quick to blame the querra /ling thing on powell....why would i be surprised?????

ace
Saintsational Legend

"he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body".

Maliciousness does not come from the bones, it comes from the brain.
When Giansiracusa took out Kosi his brain WAS in malicious mode.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:"he doesn't have a malicious bone in his body".

Maliciousness does not come from the bones, it comes from the brain.
When Giansiracusa took out Kosi his brain WAS in malicious mode.
yep...gutless action by a gutless wonder...ruined kossi as a footballer....