Jayden Laverde

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MadSaintFan
Club Player

Jayden Laverde

Has anyone seen this kids highlights? (see below)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-10/1 ... en-laverde

To me, he looks like an absolute star - 190cm, strong build, beautiful kick left and right foot, solid mark overhead. He reminds me of Pendlebury/Fyfe in many ways. Personally his highlights look as good, if not more impressive than Petracca's. Understand highlights only show a very small snapshot.

I'm in no position to question the club over trading, given I have no idea of the exact details, however if they were offered picks 4 + 7 for pick 1 as reported, I cant see why they wouldn't accept it unless rated one kid alot higher than the others. I assume that kid is Petracca, however if we could've turned 4 + 7 into Laverde + Wright/Pickett/Lever, I really wouldve taken this.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Jayden Laverde

MadSaintFan wrote:Has anyone seen this kids highlights? (see below)
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-10/1 ... en-laverde

To me, he looks like an absolute star - 190cm, strong build, beautiful kick left and right foot, solid mark overhead. He reminds me of Pendlebury/Fyfe in many ways. Personally his highlights look as good, if not more impressive than Petracca's. Understand highlights only show a very small snapshot.

I'm in no position to question the club over trading, given I have no idea of the exact details, however if they were offered picks 4 + 7 for pick 1 as reported, I cant see why they wouldn't accept it unless rated one kid alot higher than the others. I assume that kid is Petracca, however if we could've turned 4 + 7 into Laverde + Wright/Pickett/Lever, I really wouldve taken this.
I dont disagree. People get all romatic about the number 1. But i think it must have been a very close decision between 4 & 7 v 1. I think according to Tony or Jaxons (i cant remember which) if it was 4&7 v 1 we would have taken it but GWS wanted 21 thrown in .

So it was 1 + 21 v 4 & 7 which we baulked at.