Sipposs Shoulder Injury

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Sipposs Shoulder Injury

Aaron has jarred his reconstructed shoulder in NZ and been sent back to Melbourne. Doesn't look good for the kid. :cry:

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
sainters85
Club Player

Re: Sipposs Shoulder Injury

all the best to him in recover.. has to show this year or i'm afraid he has to go

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2014-12-10/siposs-setback

Yes agree. Very lucky to be on the list and may give Saad a run early in the season.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
lefty
Club Player

Poor guy. Hang in there.

I don't know why you blokes here give the guy a hard time.
He showed promise in 2012 and was v.good.
He was then put into a "swingman" position that was not his fault or doing at all. It wasn't the correct spot to play him.
And this year he struggled with form and his shoulder, but then again, the whole team did.

Seriously, why would you delist a player at his age, what is he, 22 years old? It makes no sense. I have faith that he will be fine. You'd be looking to delist or R/L the older blokes, not getting rid of young talent.

Trying to play in a forward line where you finish last on the ladder and people expecting him to star is stupid.

Give the guy a break, now that Schneider is on the R/L, it frees up a spot.

Have faith, he will come good, Markworth as well.

Players hit their sweet spot around 24-26 years of age. We will have a team come through together.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Poor guy. Hang in there.

He was then put into a "swingman" position that was not his fault or doing at all. It wasn't the correct spot to play him.
And this year he struggled with form and his shoulder, but then again, the whole team did.

Seriously, why would you delist a player at his age, what is he, 22 years old? It makes no sense. I have faith that he will be fine. You'd be looking to delist or R/L the older blokes, not getting rid of young talent.

Trying to play in a forward line where you finish last on the ladder and people expecting him to star is stupid.

Players hit their sweet spot around 24-26 years of age. We will have a team come through together.

I hope he comes good but you don't keep him because he is only 22 years of age. This will be something like his 5th year in the system and to be totally hones should have probably been delisted at the end of this year. LJ Conners was young when he went but coaches know if a player will make it or not before 24 years of age. I actually think we could have made harder decisions on a couple of younger guys.

lefty
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I hope he comes good but you don't keep him because he is only 22 years of age. This will be something like his 5th year in the system and to be totally hones should have probably been delisted at the end of this year. LJ Conners was young when he went but coaches know if a player will make it or not before 24 years of age. I actually think we could have made harder decisions on a couple of younger guys.
You have a point, but you've got to remember, 4 years ago, he was 18, trying to play in a side who made the grand final. It times time to put on size and bulk to play AFL. He played his first game at 19 years of age in 2011, and suffered shin splints (which btw, are a PITA injury I might add). 2012 showed real promise, and hasn't had much luck in 13 being thrown into a position he's not suppose to play in, and had a poor 2014. Big whoop, so did J.Steven and Armo, ask them about their '14 campaign.

Injuries can really effect players confidence. He just need some luck and more opportunity. The sub rule really doesn't help our club at all. I'd also be more concerned about Lee than Sipposs, considering we can #12 for Lee. You can't complain about Sipposs, I think he's shown v.good glimpse's for the pick he was taken with.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

'Jarred' doesnt sound too bad to me. Probably just being safe. Might not affect him. Too early to write him off.

He looks real fit and seems to be going well in his running. He did a PB in the 2km a few weeks ago.

But agree this year is his last shot at it. but still has 9 months to show what hes got.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:http://m.saints.com.au/news/2014-12-10/siposs-setback

Yes agree. Very lucky to be on the list and may give Saad a run early in the season.
I doubt Siposs and Saad are vying for the same position!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:http://m.saints.com.au/news/2014-12-10/siposs-setback

I doubt Siposs and Saad are vying for the same position!
Saad is a rookie and can only be promoted if someone is on the LTI

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

good post

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:Injuries can really effect players confidence. He just need some luck and more opportunity. The sub rule really doesn't help our club at all. I'd also be more concerned about Lee than Sipposs, considering we can #12 for Lee. You can't complain about Sipposs, I think he's shown v.good glimpse's for the pick he was taken with.
Why does it matter what they cost? They're all just taking up a spot on the list once they're here. The purchase price is irrelevant.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
lefty wrote:Injuries can really effect players confidence. He just need some luck and more opportunity. The sub rule really doesn't help our club at all. I'd also be more concerned about Lee than Sipposs, considering we can #12 for Lee. You can't complain about Sipposs, I think he's shown v.good glimpse's for the pick he was taken with.
Why does it matter what they cost? They're all just taking up a spot on the list once they're here. The purchase price is irrelevant.
Spot on.
If Sippa had a break out year in 2015 and Lee didn't improve I know who would go first!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Spot on.
If Sippa had a break out year in 2015 and Lee didn't improve I know who would go first!

Im going with Neither because Lee has a contract. A very silly decision IMO.

lewdogs
Club Player

Lee has shown he has potential to be a good third forward option. Needs to improve his forward pressure though.

Sippos's attributes are strong marking and a big kick. He has been poor in other areas, particularly tank and pressure. I don't really rate him but hope to be proven wrong. I do rate Lee though; just seems more like a footballer to me.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Sipposs Injury

Good luck Sippo with your recovery.
I'd like to see Sippo back in contention soon. Injuries must really test some players - a hard road indeed.

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
citywest

Siposs is not AFL standard. He is a good VFL player at best.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Is'nt there now a rookie position that allows one rookie to play without being promoted for a long term injury?
And everyone seems to be taking it for granted that Saad would be the first rookie promoted. I hope one of the new two proves to be a better player and gets promoted first.